PDA

View Full Version : It Was Bizarre at the Disneyland Hotel

dlandnut
09-23-2004, 09:23 AM
This is sort of a bizarre story, but here goes. Years ago, my husband and I stayed at the Disneyland Hotel for our honeymoon. One of the days, after we'd been there for a few days, we spent the day in DL and returned to our room in the late afternoon. An old roommate of mine lived in the Orange County area, and she and her hubby had some complimentary tickets to the Anaheim Angels/Boston Red Sox game. Anyway, back to the hotel. So, we went back to our room to "freshen up" and get ready for the game. Remember, we had already been there for at least 2 nights. As we went into the room, we noticed that we had a brand new television that had been installed in our room during the day. Nice, huh? However, the next thing that caught my eye was that sitting next to the bedstand was a battery-operated device used by some people, if you get my drift. It was not mine/ours. I freaked out. I called the front desk and reported what was in our room and that IT WASN'T OURS. There was a long silence on the other end, and finally I was told (through a few tee-hees and snickers, of course) that someone would visit the room and pick up the device. Pretty soon two young women showed up, of course trying not to smile, to "claim" the unwanted device. It seemed so wierd at the time, but now when my hubby and I talk about it, we get quite a kick out of the souvenir we almost had. I still to this day do not know how it got in our room. Anyway, I guess we'll never know, but it seems sorta funny now! :)

sierranevada
09-23-2004, 09:35 AM
You sure that you don't have any friends that might have sent you a "present" for your honeymoon???

Andrew
09-23-2004, 09:36 AM
I don't get why a remote control would cause such a commotion.

:geek:

sami869
09-23-2004, 09:57 AM
Eew. I'd be really creeped out if that happened to me.

Opus1guy
09-23-2004, 10:09 AM
So? Could you adjust the volume and change channels with it?

CoasterChickie
09-23-2004, 10:16 AM
Maybe the maids took a "break" and left it behind by accident!!

But most likely, it was your friends playing a joke on you especially if they're anything like our friends!

dlandnut
09-23-2004, 10:19 AM
So? Could you adjust the volume and change channels with it?

Too many out of work comedians on this website!!!lol :)

tink1234
09-23-2004, 10:35 AM
I don't get why a remote control would cause such a commotion.

:geek:

LOL!! :fez:

Grandbreaker
09-23-2004, 10:42 AM
did you call security?

TikiGeek
09-23-2004, 10:44 AM
Have you seen the Twilight Zone Invader toy/doll that they sell at the TOT gift store :eek: (only the truly hip will get this one ;) )

dlandnut
09-24-2004, 12:58 PM
did you call security?

No, I didn't call security, but I called the front desk and had the "object" removed. I've often wondered how many CM's had a good laugh over this one.

merlinjones
09-24-2004, 01:29 PM
It was TinkerBell's wand! :)

Hakuna Makarla
09-24-2004, 02:57 PM
ha ha ha I am still laughing over this one! I bet your friends had a field day ha ha ha , and the office staff, I can bet they had a field day laughing to ha ha ha ,

I Heart Disneyland!
09-24-2004, 04:09 PM
I would be creeped out too....but....that is hilarious!!! :D What a funny honeymoon memory story to share with your kids when they are GROWN UP! hahahaha!