PDA

View Full Version : Left tunnel or right tunnel?

CarlieB
09-22-2004, 05:58 PM
The left or right thread inspired this...which tunnel do you enter the park through? And do you exit through the same one, or the other one?

I tend to enter through the left (as you face the castle) tunnel, and exit through the right one (I guess it's the left, if you're on your way out). No idea why - it just seems right.

DisneylandForever
09-22-2004, 06:01 PM
In the old days my cousin and I would religously stay to the right entering and exiting. We literally considered one tunnel the "entrance" and the other the "exit." But we go so often now we just go through whichever one looks less congested. Some days there are a huge amount of people standing around near the right tunnel (as you first enter) cuz that's where you get strollers. When we see that we say "yoink" and pop a quick left. :D

kisroo
09-22-2004, 06:02 PM
We usually enter/exit through the left tunnel. Very rarely do we go through the right unless the line over by the strollers and wheelchairs is extremely short. I did make an effort on our trip in June to steer Mr. kisroo to the right, but he just looked at me and said "WHAT are you doing?!" :geek:
We do mostly go through the left to avoid the bottleneck by the stroller rentals, tho'.

Well, that and we do tend to "lean towards the left" in other areas of our life! ;)

~kisroo:)

Caleb the Great
09-22-2004, 06:14 PM
I ALWAYS enter in the left and exit in the right,i dunno why? :confused:

Wendi
09-22-2004, 06:19 PM
I hang left too! hehehe

David R
09-22-2004, 06:24 PM
Left tunnel. Gotta stay away from the stroller brigade as much as possible.

missuniverse78
09-22-2004, 06:31 PM
We just go to the tunnel closest to where we entered from. Just trying to get into the park as fast as possible. We exit from the one that is closest to the direction we are heading. If we are going to downtown disney, then the right one, if we're going to our hotel, the left one. Though I'm not in as much of a hurry when I am leaving..

MrsG
09-22-2004, 06:32 PM
Never thought about this.... We enter left, exit right.

sediment
09-22-2004, 06:40 PM
Right. It's closest to the CM entrance, which is on the right, and I usually go with a CM.
Leave through the left, since it's closest to the tram.

Disney Vault
09-22-2004, 07:19 PM
I always go in on the left but leave on the right. (when looking from the gates)

Dlandmom
09-22-2004, 08:10 PM
I enter left and leave left, the same tunnel right by the AAA area.

GeminiAngel
09-22-2004, 08:16 PM
The left or right thread inspired this...which tunnel do you enter the park through? And do you exit through the same one, or the other one?

I tend to enter through the left (as you face the castle) tunnel, and exit through the right one (I guess it's the left, if you're on your way out). No idea why - it just seems right.

When I actually thought about it.. Me too!!! :D

CoasterChickie
09-22-2004, 08:26 PM
I almost always go to the right, make a big counterclockwise loop around the park and exit on the left. That's the exact same way I go through Costco when I shop. Dunno why.

P.S. Maybe it's a clockwise/counter-clockwise thing.
Maybe it's like water skiing or snow boarding....left foot or right foot forward. Oh wait, I do both those things on the left!! There goes my theory!!

Tutter
09-22-2004, 08:30 PM
Hadn't even realised i enter by the left and exit by the right - it just is the proper way :D

SCUBAbe
09-22-2004, 08:30 PM
I have no idea...I never had noticed which tunnel we enter. I tend to thik it's the left, but I now we do the right sometimes also...LOL

DEADmenTELLnoTALES
09-23-2004, 10:18 AM
socal snowwhite and i have a superstition...we HAVE to go through the left tunnel (facing the castle). its like if we dont its a bad day for us, dun dun dun! hahaha like one time a bird did its buisness one of my friends cousins shoulders. and another time we went through it my girlfriend at the time and i did nothing but argue the whole day, so we tend to steer clear of the right tunnel.

mystycalchyk
09-23-2004, 10:34 AM
We always enter through the left tunnel (closest to the Newsstand) (it would be way too freaky to enter any other way :eek: ) and we exit through the left (as youre heading out, closest to the stroller rentals).

mad4mky
09-23-2004, 12:01 PM
When the girls were little...we would enter through the right...as it was near the stroller rental.

Now...it's always to the left, as it is closer to City Hall...where we can pick up the GAC for our special needs daughter. Exiting depends on where we are staying/parked...ie: did we take a shuttle over...or are we parked at the Mickey and Friends?

But...I do have to say that last year, in October, we entered in the right...as I needed a wheelchair. It seemed odd...and just not right to go into the park that way.

Susan L
09-23-2004, 04:01 PM
In the old days my cousin and I would religously stay to the right entering and exiting. We literally considered one tunnel the "entrance" and the other the "exit." :D

That's to funny, my sisters, brother and I use to do the same thing when we were kids. Now a days my family doesn't live in LA anymore so we always stay at one of the DLR hotels and use the monorail to enter and exit the park. We will go to the front for pictures but, that's about it these days.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
09-23-2004, 04:12 PM
Only the left, both in and out. In fact when I started reading this thread I had to think about where the right tunnel is even located.

rentayenta
09-23-2004, 05:02 PM
The only right I lean toward is the tunnel; and we exit through the left. Maybe it's because I am always the one renting the strollers.