PDA

View Full Version : Make-out rides

bruno
09-22-2004, 01:26 PM
I'm sure we've all done it. When I was Teenager, my high school sweet heart
and I use to smootch on the People Mover ( during Tron portion), and Haunted Mansion. We usually stop when we know the ride is going through an area where there's light. Seemed like at the time it was the only place for making out.

Missing Marbles
09-22-2004, 01:30 PM
As a teenager, "Adventure Thru Inner Space" was by far my favorite make-out ride. Haunted Mansion still is. (hee hee)

Opus1guy
09-22-2004, 01:42 PM
See also the existing:

The Official DLR Make Out Spot Thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=29911)

slydini
09-22-2004, 01:42 PM
POTC is good as well. Those long dark tunnels.

rentayenta
09-22-2004, 01:59 PM
It has been so long since I have been to DL sans kids. In my youger days the beginning of Space Mountain was a good make out spot. It had those flashing lights and it was sorta rough :eek:

dlandnut
09-22-2004, 02:01 PM
I have never been to DL as a teen with a date, so I can't relate to this. How sad for me, huh? However, next summer when I turn 50, and we're there celebrating MY birthday and DL's 50th, I will of course mention this to my hubby, who will jump at the chance to makeout!!! Now, decisions, decisions. Where should we makeout??? :)

sediment
09-22-2004, 02:42 PM
There are a lot more cameras now, and things are a little more uptight than they were in the 70s and 80s.

Caleb the Great
09-22-2004, 05:27 PM
Awwwww, Makes me rember my first kiss on the Haunted Mansion.......after that we madeout all over the park hehehe :D ...........gosh that was a great night.......

Disney Vault
09-22-2004, 05:40 PM
Do you think disney would ever build a tunnel of love. Someone mentioed it once and i thought it could be done really well. It would be themed to the little mermaid with the kiss the girl song playing. And you could have the fountain from fish in the movie.

David R
09-22-2004, 06:26 PM
For us it is always right after the up ramp at Haunted Mansion, once you pass the cast member standing there. We sneak a kiss or two before the hallway/candles scene (the first scene). Everytime. :)

Permanecer Sentados
09-22-2004, 06:46 PM
Oh how I miss the PeopleMaker. :crying:

SallySkellington
09-22-2004, 06:58 PM
Oh how I miss the PeopleMaker. :crying:

OMG, I am ROFLMAO at that one! :D

MrsPooh
09-22-2004, 07:37 PM
For me, too, it was Adventure Thru Inner Space. I listened to the soundtrack from it on E Ticket Radio the other day and realized that there was a LOT of that show that I do not remember! AT ALL! I mean, believe it or not I was a pretty good kid, but I guess I did more making out there than I thought! :eek:

Any girls out there remember riding the Matterhorn with someone you liked? The old seats let you sit with the boy behind you. He had to wrap his arms around you, and when the climb started you had to lean back against him! :D I remember loosening up a shy boy by taking him on the Matterhorn! Great memories!

nightdesigns
09-22-2004, 07:46 PM
Definetely the HM, the monorail is good if you get a car to yourself. And yes, there are many rides where I enjoy having my girl sitting in front of me :D

Crispy
09-22-2004, 07:55 PM
I once had the unfortunate experience of riding Pinocchio with my mom and we were seated behind a teenage couple. Of course, the trick is to be seated in the back seat of any ride vehicle if you want to make out. Try the back seat of any coaster and make out while going up the lift hill.

Cris

CoasterChickie
09-22-2004, 09:12 PM
Only the rides that wouldn't be unpleasant. For example, I wouldn't want to try kissing on the TOT while it was bouncing up and down or California Screamin' on the blast off or big hills (might smash your noses together) , the Matterhorn curves (ow, whiplash), the big drop on Splash Mountain (whiplash again, and keep your hands to yourself...DL has eyes everywhere), the tea cups (you'd end up licking more than kissing), Soarin' Over California (might fall out of the seat and break your neck or back), and BTMRR (might smash your chins together)!!

DEADmenTELLnoTALES
09-23-2004, 07:10 AM
out of all the times ive been to DLR, and thats alot, i have never "made out" on a ride... i guess i fear that once thats done forever will i think about that person everytime im on it, or everytime you pass a certain part of the ride.

then if you do that with more then one persone it kinda cheapens the whole experience. like everytime you go with a different GF or "date" and make out on the same ride or the same part of the ride it would just make things not fun after awhile...i dunno thats just one persons opinion.

p.s. cameras today can see in the dark, and i dont know one getting a free show! :D

AliciasMom
09-23-2004, 07:40 AM
People make out on rides? LOL j/k

When I was younger (heck even now as a married woman ;) ) that last thing on my mind at Disneyland was/is making out with my boyfriend/date. I'm there to soak up a magical experience, not have some CM watch a freebie movie on the security camera lol.

AlohaJulie
09-23-2004, 10:42 AM
Haunted Mansion, Pirates, the back row of the Tiki Room, Small World (back row), Peter Pan. Yeah, I've taken too many boyfriends to Disneyland.

smd4
09-23-2004, 11:17 AM
Last car on any of the Disneyland Railroad trains, late at night, when there's no one else on board...

mad4mky
09-23-2004, 11:58 AM
As a teenager, "Adventure Thru Inner Space" was by far my favorite make-out ride. Haunted Mansion still is. (hee hee)

Ours as well. I have great memories of "Adventures Thru Inner Space".

Disneygirl65
09-23-2004, 12:59 PM
Ours as well. I have great memories of "Adventures Thru Inner Space".

I loved this ride. I've tried to explain it to my daughter, does anyone have any pictures of it?

stan4d_steph
09-23-2004, 01:12 PM
I loved this ride. I've tried to explain it to my daughter, does anyone have any pictures of it? Try a Google search. They have a section just for image searches. I'm sure there are some up on the web.

sami869
09-23-2004, 01:31 PM
I loved this ride. I've tried to explain it to my daughter, does anyone have any pictures of it?
http://www.atommobiles.com/ They have 3 pages of pictures.

Disneygirl65
09-23-2004, 01:42 PM
http://www.atommobiles.com/ They have 3 pages of pictures.

Thanks Sami.... perfect! I miss that ride.