PDA

View Full Version : why? how come? ... and please don't say because

tinkerbelll
11-21-2001, 03:58 PM
This is my first post, so please excuse me if I mess up.

Does anyone know why you cannot ride in the front of the Monorail any more? I was just told "for security reasons". Is that the truth?

There used to be cannons on Main Street (by the popcorn/churro cart and the pin cart) at the south end. Does anyone know what happened to them? They took them away this summer and replaced them with potted flowers. Some of the bolts are still sticking out of the ground.

Did anyone see the Mickey Birthday parade this weekend? Why wasn't it advertised? It seems like it was a last minute thing because none of the employees knew what I was talking about when I asked. I saw it step off on to Main Street as my train left the station.

Thanks a bunch!!

Morrigoon
11-21-2001, 04:33 PM
Haven't tried to go in the front car of the monorail since sept 11 myself, but it may be true. Then again, riding in front is at the discretion of the driver, so if it's NOT for security reasons, then the driver might have been in training or just not felt like it.

Knowing what I do about the monorails, I could see a fair reason why they'd stop allowing people up there. There is one thing that could happen which would be VERY dangerous.

Not much of an answer, is it? Sorry.

Dlandmom
11-21-2001, 07:29 PM
I've seen people up front many times since Sept. 11...in fact, I asked to go on recently and was told that someone else had beat me to it. Must be a discretion thing, but I've seen folks up front many times.

zapppop
11-21-2001, 07:44 PM
I believe the cannons were removed to help the guests forget about the war.

tabacco
11-21-2001, 11:05 PM
AHA! That explains why Town Square stopped looking right one day!

I remember standing out there to watch Cynthia and Marty's speeches on July 17th, and noticing that something looked amiss. I also couldn't remember seeing those flowerpot bench things before. I couldn't, for the life of me, remember what used to be there. Thanks for reminding me so I can stop worrying about it :)