PDA

View Full Version : Saving up for another trip to Disneyland, best time to go?

Hakuna Makarla
09-22-2004, 07:05 AM
I just can not get it out of my head I missed so much and got so over whelmed on our first ever there. I want to start saving up now to go again but it will take me about a year or more to save up the required moneys to take all 3 kids.I wanted to know what time of year you all think is the best time to go. I do not care if its chilly, we live in the coldest of climates. I would like to go when I know its not so crowded and we have a fighting chance to ride the rides with out a 45 minute wait. I think I am also more aware of Beau's tolerances so can work around this and have a better time.
I want to go when the castle is uncovered and all the new rides are presented so I was thinking January 2006? maybe the end of the month? This will give me ample time to save up, and also to maybe see some new and cool rides and also get a chance to go on the ones we missed last time. Also to see the attractions and some of the features we did miss.But more importantly I also have to wait until then so I can be sure the little one is with me and that I can keep him forever.I may have to go back to court and fight for this child unless the parents give in and let me raise him with out a fight. They have not come to see him in Months, but they still tell people he's there's and they are going to fight to get him back.
The little one will be big enough by then to go on many of the rides, and I am praying I will be able to meet up with some of my friends here on mouseplanet in disneyland and maybe swap once or twice with me so I can ride some rides that the little ones can not go on. ( indi for one :)
I am praying this year brings prosparity and blessings so we can all go and have a wonderful time :)

rentayenta
09-22-2004, 07:21 AM
I think it would be fantastic if some of us could meet up!

If you go when it's less crowded you face refurbs. I like to go when everything is open but it is more crowded. It all depends on what your priorities are and what will make your trip the most fun. With the little guy I would say less crowded is the way to go. I like March before any of the holidays (Easter, spring break). We went one Feb. It was raining but the park was empty and the character interaction was supreme. You let us (I am speaking for some of us padders ;) ) know and we'll work around your schedule.

I think by waiting until early 2006 you are giving yourself plenty of time to save up. Sounds great to me :D

stan4d_steph
09-22-2004, 07:34 AM
My answer is still the same. (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=30320)

Missing Marbles
09-22-2004, 07:44 AM
I agree with Stan4d_Steph...The first couple of weeks after ThanksGiving is the best time to go. Disneyland has a whole new magic when it is dressed up for Christmas. During the first week or so of December, it is not as crowded as the last week. I also suggest being there for the Candlelight Procession. Last year was my first year to experience the CP, and it is now a new tradition for me. I loved it!

Wendi
09-22-2004, 08:18 AM
I really enjoy going in May. I never go in the summertime, and I never go on weekends. Last time we went in early October and the crowds were nice, but it was still a bit too hot for my taste. We are going in November this year and I think it will be perfect, plus we will get a taste of Christmas in the Happiest Place On Earth, so I can't wait!!! Winter is probably nice too, but you may end up with a lot of rain that way - I don't mind rain, but I certainly wouldn't want it to pour on my whole trip.

Hakuna Makarla
09-22-2004, 09:36 AM
I to was thinking of going next fall ( november ) but it will be the 50th coming up next year and I thought it may be to crowded during the first year, that is why I thought maybe January 2006 might be less buisy and some of the hoopla has died down some. I think the first year of the 50th celebration is going to be a mad house!

Dlandmom
09-22-2004, 10:09 AM
I to was thinking of going next fall ( november ) but it will be the 50th coming up next year and I thought it may be to crowded during the first year, that is why I thought maybe January 2006 might be less buisy and some of the hoopla has died down some. I think the first year of the 50th celebration is going to be a mad house!
Even so, Karla, I think early December is your best bet. Generally, that's a fairly slow time of the year, and the holiday decorations will be up. If you go in January, the decorations will all be down...they come down usually the weekend right after the new year. It's just not the same. The crowds won't be that different between the first week of December and the second week of January. It ought to be fairly slow, even with the celebration going on.

Karla, would love to meet up with you when you're here!

Disneygirl65
09-22-2004, 10:29 AM
Karla,

I have to say that in reading your posts here on the board I think you would LOVE the first week of December. More to the point the Candlelight Procession. It is such a lovely time at Disneyland and if you arrive the few days before the weekend of the procession or stay a few days after it, the park is not crowed at all. You get the best Disneyland has to offer. You see the procession and then the week days before it or after it are not crowded at all. The weather is fantastic, not hot at all. The park is just so magical and it just feels like Christmas. Then you sail into Christmas with a smile on your face that no one can remove. The candlelight ceremony is usually the first weekend of December. Last year was my first time and we are going again this year. I don't think my mom, my daughter or myself would ever think of missing it now. It's just beautiful.

Hakuna Makarla
09-22-2004, 11:04 AM
alright then, you have convincied me to go the first week in December, I am shooting for this next december so will be taking 50.00 out of each pay check from now til then. When it gets close to the time I will need some real help on getting those awsomedeals on rooms as I just do not seem to find great deals like most of you can. I am also not going to tell my kids until the week before, seems like a great christmas present heh! Oh boy, I can now look forward to a real disneyland christmas whooooo hoooo!

Thanks all, great having your help! :)

Disneygirl65
09-22-2004, 11:22 AM
Excellent choice! I will be probably living down there at that time. Planning a move to Newport this summer. :)
So.....Yeah! We'll see you there!!!!!!!! You'll Love it! :D

Hakuna Makarla
09-22-2004, 11:29 AM
Disneygirl
I will see you there girl, and hope to see several other wonderful peole as well. I think I have made some nice friends here and so am praying to see you there and to have a bang up time! Oh I am so happy today I feel like dancing( ok I am just going to get off here and do it!! ( dance that is LOL!! )

Susan L
09-22-2004, 11:41 AM
We have gone different times of the year. Summer is to crowded and hot. Christmas time is very beautiful and if you go before Christmas day crowds are so so and the weather was very pleasant during the day a little chilly at night. Feburary was great as far as crowds were concerned but it rained alot but again, that really didn't bother us. This year we will arrive Oct 22 and leave Oct 29, as far as I can remember from living in So. CA at the time of year the weather is nice during the day may-be a bit chilly in the evenings. Crowds shouldn't be to bad. I will let you know how our trip was when we get home. I do the same thing on saving for a year for our trips I usually start planning and saving for our next trip when we get home from one. I even have a special savings account for our Disneyland trips. Have fun planning. Another side note: I live in the No. Sierra Mts we can get up to 10 feet of snow sometimes, So. CA weather is nothing compared to what I'm use to. I usually do fine with shorts during the day and night as long as I have a sweatshirt to wear I'm fine. And if you go in January go after the 1st of the year to avoid the crowds.

Dlandmom
09-22-2004, 11:48 AM
Karla, that's wonderful! We'll start counting the days once you get closer! ;) We'll definitely all help out with any deals you need to find...I'm sure somebody will find something for anything you need! :D

Disneygirl, good luck with your move! Hope to see you more often at DLR!