PDA

View Full Version : Jasmine's Hair

sdfilmcritic
09-22-2004, 02:21 AM
It's been brought up in another thread about the actress who plays Jasmine in the Aladdin show at DCA. But, does anyone know if she wears hair extensions for the show or if it's 100% her real hair? I've been curious about that.

bluepearl
09-22-2004, 07:46 AM
I've read that it's a wig the actresses wear. For some though, it looks like real hair to me. :shrug: But I remember the first time I saw the show, I thought the wig Michael Lee had to wear; it looked awful on him! The wig looked all stringy. But I imagine it's to drive home the fact that he's a "street rat"?

Bill Catherall
09-22-2004, 09:13 AM
Don't all face characters wear wigs? It would certainly cut down on the time they spend in hair and make-up.

mystycalchyk
09-22-2004, 09:16 AM
I thought they had to wear the wigs for the continuity. They all have to look the same

But wigs CAN be real hair, (the better ones are) so maybe they are just 'quality' wigs :)

disneyperson
09-22-2004, 09:33 AM
I remember one Pochohantas who wore her own hair. She was stunning! All the others I've seen have worn wigs.

bluepearl
09-22-2004, 02:35 PM
Now I'm no expert on wigs, but I have a feeling that some wigs may take a long time to put on. Just in general, I mean. Whether or not some of the applications take longer than styling an actor's actual hair, I have no idea.

I still think Lilo should be a face character. It wouldn't take them long to put makeup on me and straighten my hair! :D

leota's necklace
09-22-2004, 07:02 PM
Now I'm no expert on wigs, but I have a feeling that some wigs may take a long time to put on. Just in general, I mean. Whether or not some of the applications take longer than styling an actor's actual hair, I have no idea.

Wigs are a hundred percent easier as far as prep time is concerned. Less comfortable, maybe. But they're largely pop-and-go. I have thick waist-length hair and putting it up under a bob wig takes half an hour, tops, and that's with a lot of pin-curling and a wig cap and final pinning to secure it. You can style the wig beforehand and have it ready to go at a moment's notice. I'm very pro-wig.

averagedork
09-22-2004, 09:04 PM
Just thinking about it... that's a lot of hair. Wig or no wig, that must hurt her neck and back. Poor girl.

oohykitten
09-23-2004, 08:05 AM
I am not sure if she is still there or not, however I know Dee Dee HAD super long hair, past her butt for quite sometime. However whenever I saw her in Aladdin she was wearing a wig, since her hair is now much shorter then it use to be.

leota's necklace
09-23-2004, 07:13 PM
Just thinking about it... that's a lot of hair. Wig or no wig, that must hurt her neck and back. Poor girl.

It ain't the weight that gits ya, it's the heat.

sdfilmcritic
09-23-2004, 11:02 PM
I am not sure if she is still there or not, however I know Dee Dee HAD super long hair, past her butt for quite sometime.
Really? Past her butt? I wish I could have seen that. I think longer hair on women is attractive (usually stopping about the middle of her back would be a safe middle ground). But past her butt? I can't imagine what it's like for her to cram all that hair under a wig if she had to wear one.

bluepearl
09-24-2004, 08:02 AM
Really? Past her butt?... But past her butt? I can't imagine what it's like for her to cram all that hair under a wig if she had to wear one.

It also takes a while to dry, doesn't it? My aunt used to have hair that went way down her back, and she used to braid it all as well!! I can't braid my hair down the middle like that (though I can do a French-braid-type down the two sides of my head, but that's off-topic, I suppose), and I couldn't imagine the time it would've taken braid that length of hair. I'm very impatient. But I suppose that after years of practice, you'd be pretty quick and efficient. :shrug:

oohykitten
09-24-2004, 08:14 AM
http://www.geocities.com/Broadway/Wing/5801/ddtpifc1992.gif
can't find a better pic