PDA

View Full Version : GO right? GO left?

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
09-21-2004, 04:21 PM
When the lines split on a ride, Indiana etc, which way do you go? Do you always go one way versus the other?

zero'sbark
09-21-2004, 04:34 PM
Ii normaly go into the shorter line but on Indi I like the right side, uh i don't know why.

ChipmunkStar
09-21-2004, 05:13 PM
I normally take a second to see which side is going fater, and choose the other one. Chances are, they're loading one side at a time, and if you go in the one going now, you won't be going for long, and the other line will pass up the previously faster one...

AVP
09-21-2004, 05:21 PM
If the split happens after the queue makes a right turn, I take the left side. Likewise, if the split happens after a left turn, I take the right side.

People tend to hug the wall, so if a new line forms away from the wall, they are less likely to take it.

AVP

redgryphen
09-21-2004, 05:39 PM
I go singles. Much better then either the left or right side.

SCUBAbe
09-21-2004, 05:56 PM
well, if there are anoying people around me I choose the line they aren't in to gurantee they will not be on the same ride car as me..:) Like on Indy when the loud teenage girls were around me, "like OMG. ummm you know what happened?..well, um, it's like,,,we were in class ya know...and OMG *hysterical laughter*..well like chad was there...and like he totally looked at me ya know...and OMG *more hysterical laughter*"...yeah we went in the opposite line, but first my daughter and I made fun of them by having a loud conversation just like them, but they didn't get it..LOL (yeah, i'm not in the running for mother of the year, but i get nominated as "cool mom" by her friends...LOL)

Klutch
09-21-2004, 06:01 PM
Much anectdotal evidence suggests most people go right, and therefore going left will result in a shorter line. The Unofficial Guide for both Disneyland and WDW reports their research has found this to be untrue. Thus, heeding the advice already presented would likely be your best bet.

Disney Vault
09-21-2004, 06:12 PM
I love it when everyone goes on one side and it is as if they dont know the other side is even open. People just tend to follow the people in front of them so sometimes you are lucky and get bumped way up in the line.

Pirate Girl
09-21-2004, 06:16 PM
I usually take whichever one is actually a shorter line. For example, the line on the Left hand side of Indy is just a smidgin shorter than the one on the right. (Think lanes on a track, the runner on the inside has a slightly shorter distance unless starts are staggered.)

I also read in Unnofficial Guide that people tend to go towards the right, so the left side is usually shorter.

Thomas
09-21-2004, 06:23 PM
I usually like watching groups at the split and watch them go into both lines. All of a sudden, one line moves and the others are left about 10-15 behind in the other line. The groups start panicking, line cutting ensues, guests start getting mad.....and on and on. You get the picture.

rentayenta
09-21-2004, 06:37 PM
I never really thought about it. I think I'm always too busy talking to notice but I assume I go in the shorter of the two. I'll pay attention this next trip.

Mermaid
09-21-2004, 07:17 PM
I also try to see what line annoying people are in and go to the other one!! One time on Jungle Cruise the line split at the top of the stairs, for some reason, No-one waqs going on the inside line. i think because absolutly no-one was going that way, people thought you couldn't. We walked right on by taking that line! It was like our own personal Fast Pass!!

SCUBAbe
09-22-2004, 08:39 AM
I also try to see what line annoying people are in and go to the other one!! One time on Jungle Cruise the line split at the top of the stairs, for some reason, No-one waqs going on the inside line. i think because absolutly no-one was going that way, people thought you couldn't. We walked right on by taking that line! It was like our own personal Fast Pass!!
this happens alot on this ride. I always here the cm's yelling up to use both sides of the stairs. Those atairs get really hot though. We had to stand on them for about 10 min once. Everyone is so close and there no air flowing. That was the longest 10 min ever. I was starting to get dizzy when thank goodness the line moved.

AliciasMom
09-22-2004, 09:00 AM
... but first my daughter and I made fun of them by having a loud conversation just like them, but they didn't get it..LOL (yeah, i'm not in the running for mother of the year, but i get nominated as "cool mom" by her friends...LOL)

LOL! I do the same thing. It's so much fun. :~D

Photographer
09-22-2004, 05:51 PM
I normally turn left. Then again if the right side is shorter, I go right. In the end whatever line I get into will undoubtedly become the slower moving one, just like at the grocery store.

ToursbabeC3po
09-23-2004, 12:42 AM
Now that we have both sides of the line open at Star tours I notice Most people go to the right. OH for those of you that do not know Star tours is going to eliminate fastpass completely after October. Right now we only use it on very high attendance days so both sides of the Que are open. IF you go to the left side of the line no one is ever there.
Tourbabe

Pedro2NR
09-23-2004, 01:48 AM
I go left. There are more people who are right handed which tend to follow that same procedure.

bassett1976
09-23-2004, 06:38 AM
I think it depends upon the ride. For the Jungle Cruise I go left. You end up in a shorter line since the back of the boat is closer to you and more people can get in from the back. For IASW I go right since they do not load the wheelchairs from that launch. It always seems to go faster. Typically people are creatures of habit and since we drive on the right, most people go right. Since we don't usually go on Indy or the Matterhorn we don't worry about it. We usually try to look for the shorter line if we can tell.

ToursbabeC3po
09-24-2004, 11:26 AM
Does anyones mind wonder while reading this post or is my mind just in the gutter? LOL
Tourbabe

myron61090
09-24-2004, 11:20 PM
i/we usually go to the line opposite of the one infront of us... that way, we think that we "help" promote an even distribution, which i think is the puprose of haveing omore than 1 line anyway...

sdfilmcritic
09-24-2004, 11:29 PM
Does anyones mind wonder while reading this post or is my mind just in the gutter?
When I first read the subject line I was thinking if it was asking about member's political stance.

Pirate Girl
09-25-2004, 12:18 AM
When I first read the subject line I was thinking if it was asking about member's political stance.

LOL me too!