PDA

View Full Version : Long lost nostalgic attractions

Pages : [1] 2

D-lander 1956
09-21-2004, 08:40 AM
If you could wave your magic wand and bring back one long lost attraction from the past, what would it be and why??? :D

For me, it must be the Carousel of Progress. I know, I can go see it at WDW, but I remember when it came to DL from the NY World's Fair. I remember being mezmorized by the whole show and especially the City of Tomorrow model at the end. . .

It was a sad day when they took it from DL :crying:

DISNEYloon
09-21-2004, 08:50 AM
We're going to WDW next summer, can't wait to see it there!

Mine is this ride, I can't remember the name for the life of me, but it was where Star tours is now in DL, it was a big telescope thing......I know someone here must *LOL* know what I am talking about???

:confused:

sami869
09-21-2004, 08:53 AM
The subs. I really do hope they bring them back.

dlandnut
09-21-2004, 09:05 AM
People Mover, Carousel of Progress, Tahitian Terrace, the "old" Carnation Restaurant, Captain EO (I know, MJ is a nut, but I loved the music and dance) :)

09-21-2004, 09:08 AM
The subs. I really do hope they bring them back.

I'll be standing right behind you in the queue. The best attraction of all time.

Oldtimer
09-21-2004, 09:28 AM
I also want the Subs back in whatever version they can get green-lighted. Please, Please, Please!!!!

Don't you almost wish they would run HISTA in the daytime then run Capt. EO in the evenings? ( ALso NOT an MJ fan but they did that very well.)

I also STILL miss the old Carousel of Progress. I saw the Florida version once and liked the newer last scene better; but they had changed the theme song and the new song wasn't as good.

When they first opened Innoventions, as I walked up to the Bld. the queue music caused my eyes to tear up; as it is the same music used for the CoP from the '60. Really took me by surprize. Too bad what is inside just doesn't measure up now.

Wave,
Oldtimer
:cool:

merlinjones
09-21-2004, 09:38 AM
Adventure Thru Inner Space - - The psychedelic journey was unlike any other Dl attraction and storyline - - a unique sensory/story experience.

Andrew
09-21-2004, 09:39 AM
What Merlin said. There's a reason my license plate is OMNIMVR (and the plate frame says "Miracles From Molecules")!

Mukta
09-21-2004, 09:39 AM
Mine is this ride, I can't remember the name for the life of me, but it was where Star tours is now in DL, it was a big telescope thing......I know someone here must *LOL* know what I am talking about???

Adventures Thru Inner Space.

Mine is a toss up between The subs and People mover

cstephens
09-21-2004, 09:56 AM
If you could wave your magic wand and bring back one long lost attraction from the past, what would it be and why??? :D

Knott's Berry Tales, hands down. My absolutely favorite ride, ever.

Oh....does it have to be a Disney ride?

TheMur
09-21-2004, 10:20 AM
The Mine Train through Nature's Wonderland!!!!!!!!!!!

slydini
09-21-2004, 10:26 AM
America Sings

napabeth
09-21-2004, 10:44 AM
It's a tie between: Adventure Through Inner Space, Mission to Mars, Peoplemover, Skyway, or little motor boats (whatever their name was)

Pedro2NR
09-21-2004, 01:22 PM
The Peoplemover! It was a nice way to get of your feet for 15 mins and enjoy the view of Tomorrowland.

DisneylandForever
09-21-2004, 01:29 PM
Restaurant - Tahitian Terrace

Show - America Sings

Ride - Peoplemover

Shop - Disney Villians Shop

mystycalchyk
09-21-2004, 01:32 PM
Country Bears *sob*

and the People Mover (I never got to ride it)

disneyperson
09-21-2004, 01:55 PM
I know the real thing probably wouldn't live up to my memories, but I really loved the Flying Saucers, after that, the Adventure Thru Inner Space

SallySkellington
09-21-2004, 02:29 PM
Country Bears and the Skyway.

Fozzie
09-21-2004, 02:38 PM
Country Bears, hands down! :D

There are so many potential places they could reopen the attraction. My first choice would be over in DCA. The numer one guest comment about DCA is that it isn't "Disney enough" - the Country Bears would be a great way to bring a bit more Disney flair to the area.

Disneyfreak
09-21-2004, 02:50 PM
I have a tie between Adventure Through Inner Space and The Submarine Voyage.

Anything with Paul Frees is a hit!!!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
09-21-2004, 04:05 PM
Show: Country Bears

Ride: People Mover

mad4mky
09-21-2004, 04:19 PM
Knott's Berry Tales, hands down. My absolutely favorite ride, ever.

Oh....does it have to be a Disney ride?

Hahahaha...I agree with this!!!

At DLR...both my husband and I want the Indian Village back!! We still joke about how we did the Indian circle dance. What a hoot! His mom even has him dancing in the circle on a home movie. My mom only has old photos.

Bring back the People Mover!!! It was a great way to ride and rest.

redgryphen
09-21-2004, 05:23 PM
Well the ride I want back was recently removed from the MK in WDW. Which was Alien Encounter. And I was hopeing that they would move it over here to DL and put it where the old circle theater us to be.

But noooo. They had to put Buzz Lightyear there. Im sorry to all the buzz lightyear fans, but w/ the recent addition of the horrid pooh ride and now buzz, disney seems to be babying down the park ever so slightly.

I just think that Buzz is a updated version of Roger Rabbits Cartoon Spin.

Disney Vault
09-21-2004, 05:35 PM
I say the peoplemover because it looks so stupid having those empty tracks up there.

kisroo
09-21-2004, 05:35 PM
I'm gonna echo many and say Adventures into Inner Space, but I hafta admit the big snowflake coming at me always freaked me out!

I also miss America Sings (and love that part of Splash when the old characters from it are singing) and the Skyway. All of these contain BIGTIME childhood memories for me.

~kisroo:)