PDA

View Full Version : No seating for the Hyperion's balcony

sdfilmcritic
09-21-2004, 12:59 AM
This is a general FYI for everyone. Upon visiting the Hyperion Theater to watch the Aladdin show last Sunday afternoon I noticed the Balcony was closed off to general seating while the traffic was directed to the Orchestra and Mezzanine only. Since it is the off-season I can assume this is for the benefit of lowering the cost of labor payroll to have the extra ushers required to man the top section. I haven't visited the park on Friday or Saturday, so I don't know if they open the Balcony for showings on these two days, but it is closed off for Sunday showings. The ushers were doing their best to cram as many bodies into the Orchestra and Mezzanine as possible by having people scoot down as to fill in every available seat.

AliciasMom
09-21-2004, 07:17 AM
It was the same way when I went on Monday the 13th.

cstephens
09-21-2004, 10:03 AM
I don't think I've seen the balcony open for some time now, not that I see the show all the time. I remember only sitting in the mezzanine as the highest.

AVP
09-21-2004, 11:19 AM
We sat in the balcony a few weekends ago when we took friends for their first time.

AVP

Xclipse129
09-21-2004, 11:24 AM
I havent sat there for a while.. But I've heard they actually need more ushers up there due to the fact it so high and steep when you walk down that they make sure that there is always an usher with a flashlight. i think 3 04 four at least.. I may be wrong of course.. But if you ever sat on the front row of the balcony its pretty dizzing.. ahhaah

anyways.. my .02 cent Hope the subs come back and people mover is restored and new movies are put into star tours.. YEEHA...