PDA

View Full Version : What do you do w/lugage on a travel day?

sami869
09-20-2004, 01:40 PM
Sorry if this seems like a dumb question. I will be flying down to disneyland with my little brother and ariving about 5 hours before check in time. Our return flight doesn't take off until 7 hours after check out time. We won't have a car with us to store it in (because the evil car rental places require you to be 25 and I'm only 20). Would most hotels allow you to store your lugage at the front desk? I'm just envisioning this big disaster where they tell me I can't check in early and I can't check my lugage at the front desk so I have to lug it all the way to disneyland and end up renting 5 small lockers and trying to shove it all in there. That won't happen, right? :confused:

rentayenta
09-20-2004, 01:44 PM
Everytime we have stayed in a hotel, we have never had any problem with them storing our luggage. You shouldn't have a problem.

sediment
09-20-2004, 01:45 PM
The hotel that you're staying should be able to keep it at both times. If it wants your business (and anyone here who will otherwise read your complaints) ever again.
Most places have a storage area and baggage tickets.

SCUBAbe
09-20-2004, 01:47 PM
when we stayed at the PPH and GCH they held our luggage and delivered it to the room when we checked in..:)

mystycalchyk
09-20-2004, 02:00 PM
Most hotels have a storage closet that they will lock your bags up while you go play. We have done it countless times.

If in doubt, call the hotel where you decided to book and make sure.

mad4mky
09-20-2004, 02:34 PM
Even if you are not staying at a hotel...a motel will usually also store and keep your luggage until you come back from the park.
Even on the day you leave...if your flight is later in the day...you can check in your bags at the front desk...go to the park for the day, come back and get your luggage, and then head to the airport, etc. :)

sediment
09-20-2004, 02:41 PM
And don't forget to tip for that. $1 per bag.

Opus1guy
09-20-2004, 05:29 PM
No problem storing with Bell Services, as others have reported. And of course if you have a car (rental or your own), you can always leave it in your trunk until your room is ready.

One little tip that sometimes works:

Call the hotel directly the day before your arrival and/or very early the morning of arrival and ask to speak to "Room Control." If there is nobody available then ask to speak to the Front Desk or Duty Manager. Advise them of your early arrival and ask if they are not too full up if they can block an available room for you for early arrival. Sometimes they will do this for you. But don't get mad if they don't, can't or won't. You're asking nicely for an exception and a special accommodation from them.

Works for me often at Disney and other hotels, and when I arrive at 6am or whatever, they have a room ready to occupy.

Sadly, some hotels lately have been asking for a few extra bucks for early check-in. :( But thankfully most still don't. :)

tink1234
09-20-2004, 07:58 PM
Our game plan...store bags with bell hops and pack LIGHT! I love the travelite site. I think Lani one of the moderators has it, but I could be wrong. We usually just take carry-on bags. When I traveled alone with 3 children 4 and under I just took 3 bags...one clothing, one snacks and one busy activities. I did check my stroller since it was a double, but was not aware that you could store them under the plane and gate-check. Oh, I need to add that we were traveling for a week.