PDA

View Full Version : Your last Disneyland hurrah

David R
09-20-2004, 07:08 AM
We are moving out of state and we will no longer be able to visit Disneyland about once a month like we used to. Thankfully our APs expire about 3 weeks after the move so it's not like we'll be wasting money.

Our last trip to Disneyland will be during Gay Days, something we are excited about. We have also booked dinner at The Vineyard Room.

We are intimately familiar with Disneyland because of the many times we have visited over the years. But I think that it's time to make this a special trip. A farewell to Disneyland.

What would you do on your final Disneyland trip? We will not be able to visit Disneyland for a very, very long time.

bassett1976
09-20-2004, 07:29 AM
I would make sure to ride all of your favorite rides, check out your favorite attractions and also go to your favorite places to eat. Try to walk out of the park as late as you can. My wife and I walked out once at about 1 am and it was really nice since we could only see about 10 other people. We felt like we had the place to ourselves.

Main Street Magic
09-20-2004, 07:58 AM
I believe that I remember when I did that.....Considering that I haven't stepped in the park for over 20 years now.......On what I knew would be my last visit for quite some time (I was going into the military at the time).....I spent the time just walking around the park, visiting my favorite spots and trying to get a visual that I would remember.

Do I miss it? You betcha! Do I want to go back? Sure, but not until they are finished with the beautification for the 50th. Until then I guess I'll just have to visit WDW instead.

AVP
09-20-2004, 08:23 AM
As many times as Tony and I have discussed moving out of California, we've never given any thought to our "last" Disneyland trip. (Probably because the discussion usually ends when someone says, "You know, there isn't a Disney park within 1000 miles of (insert potential destination here)," and we decide that fact alone makes it a bad place to live.)

I would have to watch MSEP at DCA, and Fantasmic! at Disneyland. Ride BTMRR and Indy. Visit Mickey in Toon Town. Hope like heck that there was Pumpkin Pie fudge in the candy shop. And probably put down my camera and just look at the park. I would definitely close the place down - there's nothing like being the last person off Main Street.

Wow - this is actually making me kind of sad...

AVP

rentayenta
09-20-2004, 08:30 AM
I would have to:

watch the Main Street Electrical Parade

ride IASW

ride POTC

ride the Matterhorn at night

eat a churro

eat popcorn

watch Fantasmic!

ride the train around the park a few times

kiss Mickey goodbye

DISNEYloon
09-20-2004, 09:12 AM
dinner at the BAYOU for sure!

ride all major attractions and probably actually USE my video camera......we always seem to 'take it' but not USE it, we just manage to only take pictures!

So if it were my last time for quite a while, i'd defiantley VIDEO tape it!

just my .02

TikiGeek
09-20-2004, 09:15 AM
I've thought about this a lot. We are facing the same out of state move. We will be only 6 hours away but we will probably visit only once a year (maybe :confused: ) instead of our current once a month or more. It's the people and the presence that we will miss most. We go to Disneyland for the atmosphere that you can only get by being there, on main street listening to the Dapper Dan's sing or our most favorite, sitting next to the piano while Rod play's. Yes, we're really going to miss that :crying:. We have video taped everything that we love and watching the videos is great fun but I will miss the interaction with the few people that we really go to see. I'm hoping to stay connected to the park through Mouseplanet and really make the most out of any future visit. You never really know what you have until it's gone or until you are gone. Whatever you do last, make the most of it! :)

HorizonsA
09-20-2004, 09:22 AM
If it was my last trip, I would be there at rope drop and stay there until it closes. Go on EVERYTHING!!!!

bassett1976
09-20-2004, 09:49 AM
May I also recommend doing something really special that you have never done before. If you can afford to get the dessert buffet in the Disney Gallery and watch Fantasmic (if it's playing). Or, try to get dinner at the Napa Rose or the place in DCA to watch the Electrical Light Parade.

DisneyDustin22
09-20-2004, 10:11 AM
I would go out of my way to make myself feel the most important that day. Be the FIRST car in line at the garage, try to be the first on the tram, first to enter the park, and so on. I would definately try to do every single ride or attraction in the park, including HISTA and Innoventions, I mean everything, even if its just walking through something, like every shop, make your place in every inch of that park so you cant look back when youre driving away that night and say, I wish I saw that. Stay til the very end and once youve done everything else, get a picture with Maynard! (Hey is he back now guys? I havent seen him in a while and last I talked to him he said he was going to Hawaii for a month or something like that. Anyone talked to him lately?)

Enjoy your trip. and have a wonderful time!

David R
09-20-2004, 05:05 PM
Thank you everyone.

It sounds like there are 2 schools of thought.
- Ride everything
- Take everything in for the memories

While they are not mutually exclusive I'm pretty sure that our final trip will be a mixture of both.

We will ride our favorites (Splash, Indy, HMH if it's open, etc). And we will also try to do Fantasmic and have a couple beers at DCA's beer truck while listening to the live music.

I will miss Disneyland dearly. But at least I know that I will do my best to take my other half for a week to WDW, a place he has never visited.

MrsG
09-20-2004, 06:01 PM
I can't even think about it, it makes me too sad! :crying: I get sad everytime we are leaving and we go once a month! I just look back at Main Street, all lit up, and think... I'll be back soon.

tink1234
09-20-2004, 07:51 PM
May I also recommend doing something really special that you have never done before. If you can afford to get the dessert buffet in the Disney Gallery and watch Fantasmic (if it's playing). Or, try to get dinner at the Napa Rose or the place in DCA to watch the Electrical Light Parade.

I totally agree with this!! I think you ought to find something you have never tried before, but put off because of finances or just not getting to it. Take lots of pictures and video. Be sure and buy park specific souveniers as a reminder of your trip. Make this the best trip ever.

sediment
09-20-2004, 08:02 PM
Our last trip to Disneyland will be during Gay Days, something we are excited about.
Psst, there will be gay people there. Just an FYI.

You can always come here to get the scoop on things. It's almost like being there. Almost.

David R
09-20-2004, 08:06 PM
Be sure and buy park specific souveniers as a reminder of your trip
I already warned the boy that my credit cards will be on fire that day!

Psst, there will be gay people there. Just an FYI.
:) Red shirts are ready! :)

sediment
09-20-2004, 08:20 PM
You mean, you (gasp!)? And him (gasp!)? Who-da-thunk?

I prefer WDW, but I can't afford to go from here too often (once a decade). But it means going on vacation, as opposed to a one-day road-trip. It's a whole different attitude and experience.
Plus, if you happen to be living somewhere cold in winter: it's warmer in Florida (99% of the time).
From here, though, it means having my part of the trip expensed, and getting some mileage from other frequent flyers. And dragging along a cast member.
(Yeah, I'm cheap.)