PDA

View Full Version : Missing Pirates?

LilmissTinkerbell
09-20-2004, 06:55 AM
I was just @ DL last nigt, and I could swear there were several pirates missing & I know for sure that the dirty foot pirate right before the last room was gone. Does anyone know if they are refurbing them one by one, or are they changing the show again?

DisneyDustin22
09-20-2004, 10:03 AM
yes the hairy leg pirate is getting his leg shaved. should be back fairly soon. ;)

Forbin
09-20-2004, 10:37 AM
I was going to say that his foot needed a bath :)

Tinker Bell
09-20-2004, 12:21 PM
I notice the stinky feet one gone bout a week or so ago. Then last week the pirate that was next to him was gone when I went fri nite.

sdfilmcritic
09-20-2004, 03:24 PM
I was just @ DL last nigt, and I could swear there were several pirates missing & I know for sure that the dirty foot pirate right before the last room was gone. Does anyone know if they are refurbing them one by one, or are they changing the show again?
I, too, was there last night and noticed the same thing. The third and final pirate in the singing trio (a quitar player, and accordianist, and the striped shirt guy) was missing as well. Don't forget to mention that pirate the leans on the cannon in the final sequence at the end has returned AND he is actually singing very clearly "Yo Ho!" as he is engaged in the drunken shooting matched.

ModHatter
09-20-2004, 09:00 PM
Okay, refresh moi's memory, did the "Here kitty kitty" pirate always have that awkward-looking tin cup and bottle? That SEEMED like a recent change, but I wasn't sure. I also thought that in August, the OTHER member of the Trio was missing (Tubby has been there every time).

sdfilmcritic
09-20-2004, 11:15 PM
The Here Kitty Kitty pirate always had something in his hand, but I can't tell you if it was always the same objects.

ModHatter
09-21-2004, 12:23 AM
Yeah, I went and FINALLY reviewed the PotC DVD and checked that one out. Man, I wish they'd make those things Mac compatible. That bonus disc is a goldmine! But anyway... it looks like the same basic items as the fole footage. But SOMEthing is definitely different about him. Maybe just the lighting.

Meanwhile, I do find it funny that they didn't edit out the salty language of the pirate in the chase scene (I'll have to find the CD, because I thought there was more of it that was in even worse taste), but when they do the 3-D virtual tour, well, guess what scene is completely missing...

Now I have to see if there are similar bonus features on Atlantis, 20K, or HM...

disneyboy7
09-21-2004, 08:27 AM
:geek: When I went through in July, the second (middle) pirate (round and youthful, campared to others) in the singing trio was missing. I think he's the only one that wouldn't need a body waxing before landing on Venice Beach.

D-lander 1956
09-21-2004, 08:34 AM
Last week while riding POTC, (after about the zillionth time) I noticed something that I'm hoping someone else has too. The three round barrels hanging above your head in the last fire/shooting scene, seem to be arranged as a hidden Mickey! Am I crazy or has anyone else noticed it? :)

DEADmenTELLnoTALES
09-21-2004, 10:04 AM
Last week while riding POTC, (after about the zillionth time) I noticed something that I'm hoping someone else has too. The three round barrels hanging above your head in the last fire/shooting scene, seem to be arranged as a hidden Mickey! Am I crazy or has anyone else noticed it? :)

sorry its not a hidden mickey... :(

in order for it to be one the 2 barrels on top would have to be smaller then the bottom one. hence the ears and face of mickey... good observation though!! :D

MetalliKitty
09-21-2004, 12:49 PM
Speaking of hidden Mickeys in POTC, there is something I noticed a while ago I have never mentioned or have heard of on any message boards - but in pointing it out to friends and family I have some agreement that it at least appears to be an inadvertant hidden Mickey?!

I hope that made sense, well here is the meat of the matter.

(I hope I get this right, heaven knows I have ridden the ride quite often enough to have my sequencing correct...although I certainly need another visit soon!)

After you pass thru the battle scene with the cannonballs and the pirate ship, you are coming up on the well-dunking scenario ("No, Carlos...don't be CHEECKEN...") almost. Look to your left and up, there is a balcony or open room with a ball shaped glass light fixture on the ceiling - this ball shaped glass light fixture is covered in circle outlines, some of which seem to form Mickey heads...

???

Tref
09-21-2004, 01:09 PM
[QUOTE=disneyboy7]:geek: When I went through in July, the second (middle) pirate (round and youthful, campared to others) in the singing trio was missing ... QUOTE]

According to the Disneyland Unofficial Guide to Six Flags, each pirate is granted one night a year to wander the park as a tourist. The danger inherent is of course that occasionally, the animatronic figure will forget that he is not human, and will try to assimilate with the "guests." My sister dated the giant eyeball from Adventures From Inner Space for two weeks until she recieved a cease and desist order from the Disney lawyers. The eyeball eventually turned itself in, but not before weeping a giant pool sized tear.

I remain,

Fozzie
09-21-2004, 02:49 PM
The trio is finally complete. I went on the ride today, the the missing third pirate was back! :D

disneyboy7
09-21-2004, 08:12 PM
Disney does have the Muppets, however. How about Pigs In Space 3-D still in the motion simulator? :D

I Heart Disneyland!
09-28-2004, 11:39 PM
It's funny to hear someone else call the "dirty foot guy" the....dirty foot guy! We've called him that since my 25 year old son was about 7! That's what he called him! Hope he's back in action before we return next year for the 50th bash.

dingdong2U
09-29-2004, 03:30 PM
I've noticed that the pirate on the cannon in the ending scene has been back for a few months but is it just me or was the cannon put in the wrong place???

From what I remember the cannon and pirate should be a couple boxes over to the right or am I just imagining things? Right now it looks as if he's firing at nothing while if he was a little further over he'd be firing at the other pirates like he used to. Point me wrong if I am, but it just strikes me odd, it just doesn't look like he's lined up right... Comments anyone?

PsychDoc
09-30-2004, 07:01 AM
sorry its not a hidden mickey... :(

in order for it to be one the 2 barrels on top would have to be smaller then the bottom one. hence the ears and face of mickey... good observation though!! :D
There is a lot of controversy on this one. I'd agree that it is a HM. Barrels naturally wouldn't fall/stay that way. Plus, they were re-arranged in a "normal" fashion on one of the last refurbs. Then more recently they were placed back. This would indicate that it was intentional, thus a true HM.

D-lander 1956
09-30-2004, 07:33 AM
There is a lot of controversy on this one. I'd agree that it is a HM. Barrels naturally wouldn't fall/stay that way. Plus, they were re-arranged in a "normal" fashion on one of the last refurbs. Then more recently they were placed back. This would indicate that it was intentional, thus a true HM.

Thank you , PsychDoc-that is what I think too. If the barrels were on the ground and stacked, common sense would be two barrels on the bottom and one one top. The fact they are bundled with 2 on top, leads me to believe it was indeed intentional, and a mis-proportioned hidden mickey. :geek: