PDA

View Full Version : How do you act in DL

Pages : [1] 2

Disney Vault
09-19-2004, 07:32 PM
How do you act when you get to disneyland. I got this idea from another thread. Are you just full of energy cant sit down, or are you relaxed and mellow.

When i go to DL or WDW i am so relaxed. I am kind of known to be stressed out in school but for some reason one of the only places i am ever relaxed is in DL. I could just care less. I still try to go on as many rides as possible but i dont care about anything when i am there.

splashmtngurl
09-19-2004, 07:41 PM
when i go to DL any stress or worry just seems to slide away. Probably because of the carefree atmosphere. I always feel so relaxed and i like to take my time. On the other hand, i dont go to DL more then 1 time a year so i am always ready to get on my favorite attractions! :p

CoasterChickie
09-19-2004, 07:42 PM
It depends on who I'm with. If I go as a chaperone I have to act like an adult for the most part. But if I go with my family or friends I'm the big kid in the group. I have to confess that the last time I was there we were in a pretty mellow crowd on HM and I couldn't help it....I just had to scream. Once I did it every body did it!! Then when we were on TOT at the end of the night the CM said "li-berry" instead of "library" in a really serious voice and my friend and I just lost it. I didn't want anyone to know it was me laughing that hard and I didn't want to hurt the CM's feelings so I crouched down real low and just kind of slithered along. I can't help it...when I'm at Disneyland, I have a blast ...I laugh, I sing , I scream, I dance...but I think there are plenty of other people doing the same.

HorizonsA
09-19-2004, 08:03 PM
when i go to DL any stress or worry just seems to slide away. Probably because of the carefree atmosphere. I always feel so relaxed and i like to take my time. On the other hand, i dont go to DL more then 1 time a year so i am always ready to get on my favorite attractions! :p

I'm exactly the same way. When I walk through those Gates, all my problems and worries fade away for one day. I'm there to have fun, bot to worry about the world. It's like we're in a totally different world at Disneyland, and I think that was Walt Disney's idea. It's the Disneyland Spell.

SCUBAbe
09-19-2004, 08:34 PM
it depends on how hot and crowded the park is. I have been known to turn into a villian very quickly. LOL gee, it also depends on how many screaming kids I've heard and how many times I got bashed with a stroller, but that goes back to how hot and crowded the park is. I have gone through several stages of how I act at DL. All from when I was young it's to crowded I Hate it here can we leave, to having a child and bringing her, but those were not always the best visits due to the fact childern tend to scream. When my child started liking roller coasters and before she became a "cool" teenager was the best times. We both just let loose and had fun. Now, I have more an anaylitical view of DL. I notice the things that probably are not supposed to be noticed and I also notice the little things that make the park so great. The rides are no longer as important, but I still have fun and at times will still act a bit more imature than I am. That is the biggest embarassment for my child..LOL..however, the villian in me will appear at the drop of a hat. I don't know what sets it off, but it usually goes away just as quick...LOL.. (seriously, I think the villian apperas when my family starts stressing me. They all need some valium. On one visit my mother was being...well, my mother...as we were passing through the entrance gates. They welcomed as to DL and asked if we needed anything to just ask. I asked where I could pick up some valium. The CM just gave me a blank stare and my mother was mortified...LOL)

Most times we all have a great time at DL, but I'm PMS'ing right now so I'm focusing on the bad...LOL *need chocolate...there's none in the house..:(*

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
09-19-2004, 08:55 PM
When I walk through those Gates, all my problems and worries fade away for one day. I'm there to have fun, not to worry about the world. It's like we're in a totally different world at Disneyland, and I think that was Walt Disney's idea. It's the Disneyland Spell.

I totally agree. We decided, part of the reasons we bought APs, was so we would not have to rush our trip. We plan a week at a time and with 2 little ones that is perfect for us. We can just take our time, if we only ride a couple rides in one day, then it is ok, we have more days ahead.
I remember doing marathon days, trying to fit everything in in 2 days and it was nuts. We never got to enjoy the little things as we were running around like crazy people.

I feel like a kid again, remembering happy times being there with my family as a child. And I bawl like an idiot when I see my children's eyes light up or her my 3yo singing iasm.

TempoNZ
09-19-2004, 09:10 PM
I end up being like an over excited 8 year old just before s/he opens his/her presants on Christmas morning. Last time I went was with my wife and our best man and bridesmaid (in 2002) and they were laughing at me but thought it was very cute if you know what I mean :) .

I even get that way when i am planning a drip to DL or WDW. I got the WDW Unoffical Guide delivered about a week ago and have been really excited reading through iteach night. Keryn thinks it is very sweet (Apparently with me around there is no need to have a ki... not sure if that is a good thing :) )

ModHatter
09-19-2004, 09:31 PM
I'm with SCUBA... When it's crowded, or there are rude people, you don't need to take my picture to see me with red devil eyes. Your child kicks me, I will kick your child, plain and simple. Think Santa's real? I'll fix that...

But, and this is not bias in any sort, but when I have been to DL the past couple months, I can some from a horrible day and by the time I'm out of Mr. Lincoln, I am having a great Disney day. And I think it has a lot to do with CM Matt. Okay, the 50th would have happened regardless of his presence, but there is a bigger change going on than just a coat of paint, and I think the whole mood of the park has improved. Minus the occasional hillbilly who feels the need to take his shoes off on the DRR and put them up on the railing where some unsuspecting passenger will inevitably put their hands... But lately, that has been the exception, not the rule.

Hakuna Makarla
09-19-2004, 10:05 PM
Beings I could not ride to many rides after about 2 hours in the park each day( child break down) I started to people watch since I just walked around or sat on the benches, I noticed some angy people and acually saw some guy hit his wife. Boy she was screaming and he was screaming, and I saw a lot of people trying to run by and pushing and shoving. I also saw the police in down town disney talking to a couple as they beat the stuffing out of each other. Must have been the crowds and being hot and all. was it a full moon LOL!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
09-20-2004, 07:07 AM
I'm with SCUBA... When it's crowded, or there are rude people, you don't need to take my picture to see me with red devil eyes. Your child kicks me, I will kick your child, plain and simple. Think Santa's real? I'll fix that...

But, and this is not bias in any sort, but when I have been to DL the past couple months, I can some from a horrible day and by the time I'm out of Mr. Lincoln, I am having a great Disney day. And I think it has a lot to do with CM Matt. Okay, the 50th would have happened regardless of his presence, but there is a bigger change going on than just a coat of paint, and I think the whole mood of the park has improved. Minus the occasional hillbilly who feels the need to take his shoes off on the DRR and put them up on the railing where some unsuspecting passenger will inevitably put their hands... But lately, that has been the exception, not the rule.

LMAO at the foot thing. Hence the reason I always use antibacterial soap on our hands after each ride! ICK!

Dlandmom
09-20-2004, 07:34 AM
Until I got my first AP, I was stressed...happy, but stressed. I couldn't wait to go on as many rides as I could...and usually, I spent at least 12 hours at the park.

Now, I'm much more laid back...it doesn't bother me one bit if I don't go on a single ride. I know TDA is happy because I'll still spend on snacks or toys for the kids whether I go on rides or not.

GrumpyUTboi
09-20-2004, 07:34 AM
When I go to DL I get a little stressed sometimes but that was remedied with one of those kids leases that you strap on to a 2-3 year old. By the time we were done for the trip my 2 year old was acting like a pony, wanting to act like she was pulling a train.

For the most part since there are many rides that my 3 and 2 year old can't ride I spend the time with them while the DW, DD, and DS go one the thrill rides. I like was mentioned before, I like to people watch and it is amazing at how many grumpy people there are at DL. I see kids and parents fighting and I see a lot of couples fighting as well. It makes me laugh when I think of how much these people have spent to visit DL and they are to busy fighting to enjoy things.

DL is also a place where work is literally left at the gate. It is really nice not to have work phone calls every 15 minutes.

rentayenta
09-20-2004, 07:39 AM
When I am at DL, I try to not let in anything but the magic; hence no budgeting or counting calories allowed. We always go for at least 3 days so the pressure to see it all is off.

The heat, strollers, crowds etc. really don't bother me. I am there to have a good time as are most people.

Susan L
09-20-2004, 08:33 AM
Iam relaxed with no stress at all. I refer to my once a year Disneyland trips as therapy. I'm also relaxed after getting home at least until the next crisis hits.

DISNEYloon
09-20-2004, 09:10 AM
I completely DE STRESS there and forget about any problems or issues or 'life'.........I just focus on having fun with my kids and husband, it's an amazingly GREAT ESCAPE!

Probably why i am ADDICTED and have been since I was a child!

kisroo
09-20-2004, 09:27 AM
Like a disney:geek:
Not all the time, but DLR does certainly bring out a child-like joy for me.
It used to be really hard to contain myself (waking up at 3:00am our first morning, rushing to the maingate, antsy to get to our first ride) until we starting going about 1x/yr.
Now, I get the same happy feeling but it is with a more relaxed, less stressed Ihavetogettoeveryride mode.

I try now to specifically enjoy the little things. Walking with all the other visitors early morning to the resort, staying in one of our favorite hotels, that wonderful POTC musky smell on our first ride, hearing people scream with delight while we walk by Splash viewing area, and the quiet walk between Frontierland and Fantasyland...those are all the things that can create a fun, excited, child-freeing feeling in me.
I talk to strangers more, smile more, feel more relaxed, and am more able to forget the rest of the world for awhile.

:)

ModHatter
09-20-2004, 10:52 AM
LMAO at the foot thing. Hence the reason I always use antibacterial soap on our hands after each ride! ICK!

Well, after random, strange children licked my arm, or stuck their half-eaten all-day suckers to my arm (plucking out a toupe-worth of arm hair, I might add), I definitely learned to Purell myself as often as possible. I actually prefer those Bath and Body scented cloths, but I decided I get licked enough without smelling like cinnamon apples and vanilla.

hefferdude
09-20-2004, 12:03 PM
Like Xlarge little kids!!! :D An NO whining!!!

LMAO at the foot thing. Hence the reason I always use antibacterial soap on our hands after each ride! ICK! :eek:
Funny you mention that. We try to adhere to the 3/4 attraction rule. After 3 or 4 attractions we " refresh ".

1. P break if needed
2. Wash hands & face
3. Straighten self ( clothes, hat, hair...)

Then back out on the trail, hi yo fast pass! ( single rider whatever ) :fez:

SallySkellington
09-20-2004, 05:59 PM
For the most part since there are many rides that my 3 and 2 year old can't ride I spend the time with them while the DW, DD, and DS go one the thrill rides.

You're taking the opportunity to turn them into HISTA fanatics, aren't you? ;)

I'm so excited when I go to Disneyland, I wouldn't even eat if my family didn't make me. All I'm concerned with is running from one ride to the next. :)

SallySkellington
09-20-2004, 06:00 PM
When it's crowded, or there are rude people, you don't need to take my picture to see me with red devil eyes. Your child kicks me, I will kick your child, plain and simple. Think Santa's real? I'll fix that...

:eek:

Remind me not to get on your bad side!

ModHatter
09-20-2004, 06:32 PM
:eek:

Remind me not to get on your bad side!

As if I have others!

Bwahahahaha!!!

averagedork
09-21-2004, 10:18 PM

I am that way a lot. I don't know. There seems to be a different vibe in DCA and Disneyland. DCA since it's less crowded I don't get run over by strollers. At Disneyland I will harp at people who think the stroller is a battering ram. I will tell the parent that they are showing their kids bad examples and tell teenagers who are cursing perfusely for no reason in front of kids how rude that is and how there are impressionable minds in their presence. DCA I am like "F--k it. I am not people's mom. Where's the beer?"

ModHatter
09-21-2004, 10:38 PM
Well, even in DCA, I have been known to telepathically tell people "You have three choices: walk faster, leave a clear path, or become a justifiable homicide." I mean, let's face it, if someone drove on a California freeway the way they walk, they would be the lead story on the 11 o'clock news. "Traffic turtle leads to mass road rage."

I still get mad, thinking of a hefty couple at Epcot. Wifey was chugging along on her Jazzy, and husky hubby was in his Hoveround. I was walking at a brisk pedestrian pace on the far right side of a 15 or 20 foot path, but apparently, that was exactly where chunky wanted to drive, rather than steer two feet to the left and pass me. And he YELLED out to me, "Better move or you'll get run over." He may have had a medical reason other than obesity for riding his Hoveround, but there was no good reason for him to be a jackhole. I felt like pushing him out of his contraption, watching him roll around on his back like a flipped tortoise and yelling at him "Let's see you run me over NOW!" I'm sorry, but if I'm travelling on my own power and you have ANY sort of battery, I have the right of way. It's this crazy little thing called "sharing." It ain't hard, even on vacation.

disneyperson
09-22-2004, 12:12 PM
The moment we walk in the front gates, my daughter and I feel "at home". We almost always laugh out loud just be there. As in, "Wow, we managed another trip! Amazing! How lucky are we?" We've been known to dance around spontaneously.We almost never rush, (unless we hear fantasmic ending and run to avoid getting trampled by the exiting crowd) I'm a very calm Disneyland guest. Thank goodnes my daughter is too. We save our screaming and manic laughter for the rides.I feel sorry for the rude people. They are not having fun. Sometimes I get ticked off at an indivual but mostly I just feel pity.How sad to be cranky in DL. I know I'm having a much better day than they are and am in much better company. I've enjoyed all the stages of bringing my kid to DL from stroller pushing to waiting for the autographs with every character in sight to this present wonderful situation where I have a perfect DL partner. I had to laugh when I read the references for the use of purell. We always carry some with us,and my daughter has a little bottle of it that clips on to her belt loop. We use it a lot. Especially after rides like Indie where they make us tug on that yellow strap. eeewwww.

ToursbabeC3po
09-23-2004, 02:35 AM
Originally Posted by ModHatter[[I]I'm with SCUBA... When it's crowded, or there are rude people, you don't need to take my picture to see me with red devil eyes. Your child kicks me, I will kick your child, plain and simple. Think Santa's real? I'll fix that...

I am very mellow at Disney until someone messes with my kids! OMG if someone kicked my kid I would most likely get kicked out of the park for assult!!!!! No one touches my babies!
Toursbabe