PDA

View Full Version : Roger Rabbit ride

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
09-19-2004, 03:00 PM
The post about listing the FULL names of the attractions brought a question to mind. Isn't it Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin, not Cartoon spin?

Wesley815
09-19-2004, 03:06 PM
Yep, according to Disneyland's official website, park map, and actual attraction sign itself, it's Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin-
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlr/detail/attraction?id=RogerRabbitCarToonSpinAttractionPage

Hakuna Makarla
09-19-2004, 04:02 PM
I went and looked at that ride and it looks so cute! I wish I had not missed this ride! This just brings back the feeling of missing so much :( I really need to begin after christmas saving up again so we can go back and do it right!

splashmtngurl
09-19-2004, 04:55 PM
i havent been on it since 2000, everytime we go it seems to be closed for either rehab or becuase it had an accident!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
09-19-2004, 09:05 PM
Both my DH and my 3yo love this ride. I hate the spinning part so I either don't go or get my own car. Last time we were there in May, I road with my 10 month old, he had to sit in the seat himself and held on for dear life to me!

missm
09-19-2004, 10:32 PM
Mommyto2boys, is this ride easy to control the spinning? I really don't like spinning rides but want to go on this because I love Who Framed Roger Rabbit. If I get my own car and don't touch the wheel will the car just not spin?

Mistersh0w
09-19-2004, 11:30 PM
You can control the spinning. I was really reluctant to ride it for the first time cause I HATE spinning rides..(see my "desperate cry for help!" post...) But even though it doesnt spin on it's own, I still have a little fun with the fact that you can control it...I may not like to continuosly spin, but sometimes when you give it a little rotation it's kinda fun! But it's a great ride, I love Roger Rabbit! There was some discussion a while back about a sequel to the movie, but it kinda got shelved when Disney realised there wasnt enough of a fan base....BAH! We Roger fans can prove em wrong right?!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
09-20-2004, 07:02 AM
Mommyto2boys, is this ride easy to control the spinning? I really don't like spinning rides but want to go on this because I love Who Framed Roger Rabbit. If I get my own car and don't touch the wheel will the car just not spin?

As Mistersh0w said, you can control the spinning, the ride turns around a bit, it is a faster version of something like Snow White, but there is a wheel that you can really make it spin if you like to. It gets a bit jerky but nothing that would constitute actually spinning, in my opinion. Like I said, I don't like spinning and I like the ride.

crinklebat
09-20-2004, 05:21 PM
This is an awesome ride design-wise, and I think people ought to give it at least one shot for that aspect alone. When you design a dark ride, you generally can point the audience in the right direction of show elements, leaving room for things like lights and other helpful stuff in the area the audience won't see. In RRCTS, there is no "behind the audience". Because of the spinning aspect, the ride has 360 degrees of show.

That's why I love this ride. I'm just constantly awed by how well they managed to make the ride engaging allll the way around.

That, and Who Framed Roger Rabbit is my favorite movie. :)

mumeee99
09-20-2004, 08:50 PM
I also can't do spinning rides but went on this ride 4 times last time we were at Disney. My daughter loves to spin and I went on it once with her and came off feeling a little ill because I let her have the wheel (live and learn).

I agree it is an awesome ride and by far one of my kid's favorites!

the101dalmation
09-20-2004, 09:43 PM
I love Roger Rabbit! There was some discussion a while back about a sequel to the movie, but it kinda got shelved when Disney realised there wasnt enough of a fan base....BAH! We Roger fans can prove em wrong right?!

AAAACK! You WANT them to make a sequel for such a good movie? With the sequels and new films that Disney has produced recently, you actually want them to touch a classic? Maybe after the entire leadership has been replaced... besides, if they make a sequel right now, the characters will all be CGI and the film noir look of the original will be ruined. Furthermore, Eisner alienated Spielberg (you know, the man who--among other things--co-founded Dreamworks), so a sequel probably won't involve him; and without the original director's vision, the sequel will be pathetic. The Batman movies proved that.

ExPeRiMeNt629
09-20-2004, 10:36 PM
RRCTS is a very fun and interactive ride, two taxi cabs are conntected, with a steering wheel to control the spinning yourself. A word of advice though, once you apparoch the load area and the cast member says "HOP RIGHT ON IN" please do so, the reason why CMS ask you to move quickly on many of the rides in the DLR is that if anyone takes alil too long getting on or off, the ride will time out and shut down. Same goes for unloading also.