PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone in your party ever embarrassed you at DLR?

Pages : [1] 2

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
09-19-2004, 01:13 PM
I was laughing at the replies in another thread about adults wearing mouse ears, I plan to get some to wear right along with my boys this trip AND I have several pair from past trips, people skipping down Main Street because they are so happy etc.
So have you been embarassed by anyone in your party, or have you embarrassed them? If you notice I am not sure how to spell the word, so I am spelling it 2 different ways. LOL

For me, I don't think I have done that to any one in my party. But I have been embarassed. It was 1990, we were on our senior trip and one of my dear friend's older sister, she was 4 years older and her friend came along with us.

She was cussing, using the F word on Main Street, she has a potty mouth! Well Peter Pan came up to her and told her that she cannot use that language at the happiest place on earth! I was SO embarassed!

Wendi
09-19-2004, 01:24 PM
Hmmm... I just bought myself a tiara that has "gems" that light up... I plan on wearing it in DL at night for our trip in November. Will that embarass you? hehehe

rentayenta
09-19-2004, 01:36 PM
Because I am equally excited as our children, I am sure my DH is embarrassed by me every time we enter the park. I get just as goofy when we see a princess, scream on the first drop at POTC, wave furiously to all of the characters in the parade etc. etc.

CoasterChickie
09-19-2004, 01:54 PM
One time my hubby "groped me" on Splash Mountain right when the picture was taken!! :eek:

I honestly wanted to leave the park because of the dirty look the CM gave us when we got off the ride!!

Hakuna Makarla
09-19-2004, 02:00 PM
One time my hubby "groped me" on Splash Mountain right when the picture was taken!! :eek:

I honestly wanted to leave the park because of the dirty look the CM gave us when we got off the ride!!
ha ha ha , well at least you get groped!
the picture of me coming down on splash was so funny as my hair was totally up in the air and I looked crazy! I wish now I had purchased it! I thought we would come back and I could do a retake, but my boy would not hear of it. I embaressed my daughter at great moments with Mr Lincoln when the man wispered in my ear and I let out a hollar, I did not expect that LOL!

blewellen
09-19-2004, 02:04 PM
Just last weekend at the Buzz Light Year stage where Scot Bruce was playing. My 8 year old Nephew said aloud, in front of everyone. My Aunt Brenda wants to Marry you, to Scot Bruce! I was sooo embarrassed. Everyone turned around and looked at me! Now i'm sure, Scot Bruce thinks i'm obsessed with him. I could of killed my Nephew!

Brenda

SallySkellington
09-19-2004, 02:10 PM
I'm sure I've embarrased by brother some way or another when I was young.

I'm not sure if this counts, but once I was singing this song while we were eating lunch (I was six and thought of myself as the family entertainer). At more than one point he thought the song was done, and kept saying "Good job," only to have me continue singing! When I was finally done, I asked if he wanted me to sing another song, and he said (in a panicky voice) "NO!"

And the whole event is immortalized on film. ;)

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
09-19-2004, 02:57 PM
Now all I need to top your light up tiara is some mouse ears that light up, Wendi!

Those are great stories!

kisroo
09-19-2004, 03:39 PM
How about a family member nursing a 2 1/2 yr old in front of Sleepy Beauty's Castle, with no discrete nursing blankey or coat whatsoever?!?!?! :eek:
Now, don't get me wrong~I have no problem with well thought out (read: modestly covered up) nursing in public or how old a child should or shouldn't be to nurse...it's more the letting-it-all-hang-out (pun kinda intended) for the whole dang happiest place on earth to see that resulted in my embarrassment.

That said, I'm sure my overblown excitement and overdeveloped knowledge for DL facts at the ripe 'ol age of 35 has *more* than embarrassed my family during a trip or two. :~D :p

~kisroo :)

San Diego
09-19-2004, 03:48 PM
In 1996, during the week between Christmas and New Year's, my wife and I went with her family(10 people in the party). We went on It's a Small World. The CM's put us all in the same boat and most of us are overweight. And they also put a Samoan couple in the back!

Our boat almost immediately ground to a halt on the bottom of the waterway. We were stuck right under the bridge that crosses over the waterway, with hundreds of people staring down at us. The CM's came out with long poles, trying to pry us off the bottom. I heard someone in the onlokking corwd saying, "I guess it's a "not so small" world after all".

If that wasn't bad enough, Beccy's grandmother decides this is a good time to change the baby's dirty diaper! Finally after several excrutiating minutes, the CM's brought up a 2nd boat and split our party in half. I've wondered for years if the CM's load up the boat that way on purpose, as a joke. My wife still refuses to discuss this incident.

Pirate Girl
09-19-2004, 04:01 PM
That said, I'm sure my overblown excitement and overdeveloped knowledge for DL facts has *more* than embarrassed my family during a trip or two. :~D :p

~kisroo :)

Oh, I can relate to that one. Once while we were in line for Indy I was telling the group I was with how there were 1,995 snakes in the ride in referance to the year the ride opened. One of the guys yelled at the top of his lungs: "Kelly! No one cares how many snakes are on Indiana Jones, or how much it cost to build Big Thunder Mountain, or how many pounds of trash the average guest leaves at Disneyland!"

To top things off, I had my GOH badge on so everyone around me knew I was Kelly. :rolleyes:

Disney Vault
09-19-2004, 04:13 PM
When i went i printed out 12 pages of 10 point font information about disneyland. My group loved it at first because it was something to do in lines but they started getting tiered of all the facts as the days went on.

Edited to add- One time we were in line for splash mt. and the ride broke down. I took at all my info and said the ride will probably be down for __ minutes.(I forget what it is now) And we came back in that exact amount of time and the ride was opening and we were one of the first ones in line. That is an example of them loving all the information i had researched.

SallySkellington
09-19-2004, 05:24 PM
That said, I'm sure my overblown excitement and overdeveloped knowledge for DL facts at the ripe 'ol age of 35 has *more* than embarrassed my family during a trip or two.

That reminds me. I know I've embarrased my brother, and on our last trip no less.

Since my mom used to work at DL, and I was lurking around this site long before I joined ( ;) ), we were referring to the CM's as, well, CM's. My brother finally asked what we were talking about. We explained to him that at DL the employees are called Cast Members and the visitors are called Guests. He was so mortified that we knew that that he walked a little ways away from us for awhile.

Oh, and I just thought of a couple more! :p When we went to see Millionaire, and the CM asked us to practice in case someone won 1 million points, I barked and did what my brother called "The Arsenio" (pumping my arm, apparantly like Arsenio Hall did). He called me a dork for doing something that (according to him) went out in '97. Then, sometime later (I think we were listening to a band in DCA at the time) I started doing the Cabbage Patch. He said, "Are you honestly doing the Cabbage Patch?" More dork comments followed. So after that, I started doing the Arsenio and the Cabbage Patch purely to annoy him. He would always stand a good distance away while I did. :p

Rae
09-19-2004, 06:15 PM
When i went i printed out 12 pages of 10 point font information about disneyland. My group loved it at first because it was something to do in lines but they started getting tiered of all the facts as the days went on.

I have a list just like this I was going to take with me :)

shaydie
09-19-2004, 06:40 PM
how many pounds of trash the average guest leaves at Disneyland!"
What's the answer?

I know for a fact that I embarrass my family. I just took my seven year old the last few days so she was okay with me, and she didn't embarrass me much.

But before I left my little brother said, "I KNOW you at Disneyland. You act all spun-out and twacked and you can't calm down. Please don't drag [daughter] all over if she's tired or doesn't want to do something!!"

All this because the last time I went was with him and his fiancee... they made me leave JUST as Fantasmic was starting. Can you believe that? I was near tears. My brother said, "Come on now. Be fair to us. We're tired and we've been here since it opened and we're ready to go." And I was standing in the parking lot, looking at the fireworks going, "Whyyyyyy?? I wanted to watch! Who knows when I will come back?" And generally stomping my feet and throwing a tantrum.

I'm 8 years old the moment I walk into Disneyland.

And I get way more excited over the characters than my daughter does. She actually said to me, "You DO know that's just a person in a costume?" Whatever! :p

AdrienneQW
09-19-2004, 06:57 PM
How about a family member nursing a 2 1/2 yr old in front of Sleepy Beauty's Castle, with no discrete nursing blankey or coat whatsoever?!?!?! :eek:Wouldn't bother me in the slightest - little one's gotta eat. I don't eat with a coat or "blankey" over my head so I don't expect it of a child.

I embarass my 2½ year old on the Casey Jr. Circus Train... he begs me to sing the song, then when I do he looks at me and says "Mommy, no more singing." :rolleyes:

DefyingGravity
09-19-2004, 07:14 PM
When i went i printed out 12 pages of 10 point font information about disneyland.

Do you by any chance still have this list or know where you got it from? Or does anybody have a list of facts like that? I'm going in December, and would love to have a list like that. Thanks!

Disney Vault
09-19-2004, 07:28 PM
I still have the list on my other computer. It is organized by attraction. I just compliled it myself from this site http://www.oitc.com/Disney/Disneyland/Secrets.html

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
09-19-2004, 09:01 PM

You are my hero! I would love that kind of stuff. My DH would surely walk away from me if I pulled out a list like that!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
09-19-2004, 09:03 PM
How about a family member nursing a 2 1/2 yr old in front of Sleepy Beauty's Castle, with no discrete nursing blankey or coat whatsoever?!?!?! :eek:
Now, don't get me wrong~I have no problem with well thought out (read: modestly covered up) nursing in public or how old a child should or shouldn't be to nurse...it's more the letting-it-all-hang-out (pun kinda intended) for the whole dang happiest place on earth to see that resulted in my embarrassment.

I nursed both my children, so I understand the nursing in public thing. I don't agree hanging something over the baby's head, but I do think that you can position the baby so that everything is not hanging out!
That said, when we went in 2002, met up with a bunch of girls that have babies born in Sept. 2001, one of them is Wendi on this forum, we are meeting up again in November this year, there was one mom who did this. She was sitting directly across from my husband on the monorail and he was fidgetting all around, I couldn't figure out what was wrong with him. Then he told me, she didn't even try to be discreet. It was hilarious!

adriennek
09-19-2004, 09:49 PM
Wouldn't bother me in the slightest - little one's gotta eat. I don't eat with a coat or "blankey" over my head so I don't expect it of a child.

You don't either, huh?

I nurse #3 in public without a blanket or a coat at times. Heck, I've done it in church so why not DLR? :eek: Even when I have a blanket I don't "cover" the baby. As it is, my baby's head sweats when he eats (all my children have.) It would be too uncomfortable to cover his head.

Adrienne

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
09-20-2004, 07:06 AM
You don't either, huh?

I nurse #3 in public without a blanket or a coat at times. Heck, I've done it in church so why not DLR? :eek: Even when I have a blanket I don't "cover" the baby. As it is, my baby's head sweats when he eats (all my children have.) It would be too uncomfortable to cover his head.

Adrienne

I totally agree. There is no reason to cover the baby's head, I mean, they are just eating. I won't go in to all this and start a debate though.
I just think that there are ways to be tactful and descrete just in the way you sit, and that to me is just proper in public.

CoasterChickie
09-20-2004, 07:13 AM
I live near Santa Cruz where everyone is very out in the open while nursing theie babies. The only time I ever felt uncomfortable with it was when a woman was talking to me at the park and her 4 year old came up, unbuttoned her blouse and started helping himself!!! If he was that capable, I'm sure he could have poured himself a glass of milk instead!!

GrumpyUTboi
09-20-2004, 07:23 AM
Nursing at DL, hmmm I guess that would make it the worlds happiest place for a 14 year old boy. Forget the Victoria Secret catalog, just go to DL!

mystycalchyk
09-20-2004, 09:06 AM
wearing mouse ears would be embarrasing???

hmph. I guess then would be a horrible embarrasment.

Last year on NYE I wore my mouse ears, with a white turtleneck with my name on it (think mousketeers shorts) and of course a lanyard with all mickey and walt pins (plus one tink). Full geek regalia :fez:

I am woman, hear me roar
I am geek, hear me guffaw