PDA

View Full Version : Maybe It's Me

JEFFJAGUAR
09-18-2004, 09:38 PM
Just looking forward to my annual visit to Disneyland at xmas time. Over the years I have spent 2 days at Disneyland, xmas eve and xmas day and the entire week in the Anaheim or San Diego area. Over the years, like all of us, I have developed my favourite things at DL and the surrounding area. They all have one thing in common (not listed in any order of significance)

Country Bear Jamboree
Circlevison 360
America Sings
Who wants to be a millionaire
Big Thunder BBQ
Main Street Electrical Parade
Love's BBQ
Wild Bill's in Buena Park
Griffith Observatory Xmas Show

I know you might think I'm just being contrary minded or whatever but what is listed were indeed the highlights of my trips to Southern California. Now I know MSEP is now in DCA and the Griffith Observatory will be re-opening but quite frankly it almost makes it seem that just because I like something, Disney or whomever in the case of Wild Bill's or Love's closes it. So I guess it must be me.

It almost makes it seem as if it is no longer worth it to visit the area at xmas time.

At least to this person, something really seems to be missing.

Disney Vault
09-19-2004, 09:07 AM
Why did the main street electrical parade close in the first place? And why did they say it would never return to DL when they stopped running it?

sleepyjeff
09-19-2004, 10:06 AM
Why did the main street electrical parade close in the first place? And why did they say it would never return to DL when they stopped running it?

Because PPressler took a look around Disneyland, saw the one thing that did'nt need fixing, and decided to replace it ;)

As to why they promoted that it would never return............$$$.

Disney Vault
09-19-2004, 10:14 AM
They could always make new floats and have a new song with a new name though right? They need a cool nightime parade.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
09-19-2004, 12:47 PM
Although I miss the Main Street Electrical Parade, I am just glad it is at DCA. I would rather see it there than not at all.

Nancy
09-19-2004, 07:49 PM
[Because PPressler took a look around Disneyland, saw the one thing that did'nt need fixing, and decided to replace it ;)

Remember, it was going to be replaced by the bigger and better Light Magic!!!

DefyingGravity
09-19-2004, 08:28 PM
I read a good article at jimhillmedia.com about Light Magic and replacing the MSEP, and the reason was that after Fantasmic!'s big success, the head honchos were thinking, "Wow! Look what all the new technology can do! And everybody loves it! Let's make a new parade that uses cool new stuff!" It was kind of a well-intentioned replacement that just didn't go right.