PDA

View Full Version : Could this be a test for the Nemo experience for Subs?

cryan71
09-18-2004, 10:36 AM
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/evg/42790152.html

Somebody from MP community needs to sign up and report.

Disney Vault
09-18-2004, 11:08 AM
That is interesting. I want to know whats going on.

DEADmenTELLnoTALES
09-18-2004, 11:17 AM
hmmmmmmmm i smell something fishey....

get it...fishey....

muhahahahaha oh man!!! im too good! hahaha

olegc
09-18-2004, 09:32 PM
So, like, the address is all official but the contact email is not a disney domain and the phone number is not a San Fernando Valley number...

I would not take a chance...

ModHatter
09-19-2004, 01:11 AM
This has Neverland Ranch written all over it...

Disneygirl65
09-19-2004, 08:52 AM
This has Neverland Ranch written all over it...

You made me laugh.Thank-you!!!! :D

Disney Vault
09-19-2004, 09:17 AM
Can just anyone get a .org web site? I thought those were government sites.

Darkbeer
09-19-2004, 09:36 AM
No, .org was originally designed for non-profit groups.

.gov are the government sites.....

http://www.internic.net/faqs/org-transition.html

.org is one of the seven original "generic" Top Level Domains. It is currently the Internet's fifth-largest TLD, with over two million registrations worldwide. .org was originally intended as a "miscellaneous" TLD for organizations that weren't commercial entities, educational institutions, network providers, or governmental agencies. In recent years registration in .org has become open and unrestricted (it will stay that way under its new operator.)

So it USED to be restricted, but now has been opened up for use by anyone.

Disney Vault
09-19-2004, 10:12 AM
I dont think that is a good idea. There are so many types now- org, edu, gov, net, com :rolleyes:

Mistersh0w
09-19-2004, 12:32 PM
It should be legit guys, it's the craiglist. I've gotten sooooo many really good acting gigs from craiglist. It's no scam, you have to PAY to put a post a casting call or screening notice on there. BUT, I'm not too sure if it will have anything to do with the Submarine Voyage....More likely is that they're screening an episode of a Finding Nemo cartoon. You know how Disney Channel likes to clone their movies into series...just a thought...

DisneylandForever
09-19-2004, 12:49 PM
It should be legit guys, it's the craiglist.

LOL! Sorry mistersh0w, but all you need to post something on CL is a valid Email address.

I actually called that number this morning out of curiosity. I can't remember the name, but it was something like pobbapunda productions? Just got their machine. The fact that this "production company" has to rely on Hotmail for their Email use is disheartening to say the least.

But you never know. It could be that Disney just chose a jenky prod co. Don't know why they would, unless Eisner was in charge of hiring the prod co. :p

splashmtngurl
09-19-2004, 07:39 PM
This seems to weird!!!! They are asking for alot of personal information just to get people into a screening of Funding Nemo and although the address seems to be legit i cant help but thinking that the e-mail address might be a phony. I mean any other disney corperation e-mail that i have ever seen or contacted is at disney.com or disney.go.com. None of them have ever been a hotmail address. Also it seems fishy (lol) that they tell you that you can have no past participation in the finding nemo attraction...it seems to me like they are trying to keep those people away for a reason...possibly because of fraud or something. I know that i play it really safe on the internet but this seems wrong to me...i would watch out.

Where did you find this cryan71?

If anyone finds out any new information please Post!

Mistersh0w
09-19-2004, 11:25 PM
LOL! Sorry mistersh0w, but all you need to post something on CL is a valid Email address.

Not true, go here:https://www.craigslist.org/cgi-secure/jobpost?areaID=7&subAreaID=0&group=J&doJobPost=true

It costs $25.00 to post on the craiglist. Still, I guess anyone with a paying job could afford to post there...But if it weren't legit, why would they waste 25 bucks??

the plot thickens....

cryan71
09-20-2004, 12:22 PM
Many of the postings for focus groups on Craigslist do have hotmail addresses since the marketing companies don't have to fill their mail servers with added mail. It's not unusual. As for the pre-screening questions, the focus groups on cars are event worse asking about 10 questions before you could possibly be invited to a focus group.

However, they have probably filled up the focus groups (or the fact that it was on Mouseplanet this morning, thanks for the proper credit :(), because its now deleted.

This seems to weird!!!! They are asking for alot of personal information just to get people into a screening of Funding Nemo and although the address seems to be legit i cant help but thinking that the e-mail address might be a phony. I mean any other disney corperation e-mail that i have ever seen or contacted is at disney.com or disney.go.com. None of them have ever been a hotmail address. Also it seems fishy (lol) that they tell you that you can have no past participation in the finding nemo attraction...it seems to me like they are trying to keep those people away for a reason...possibly because of fraud or something. I know that i play it really safe on the internet but this seems wrong to me...i would watch out.

Where did you find this cryan71?

If anyone finds out any new information please Post!

DisneylandForever
09-20-2004, 01:22 PM
Not true, go here:https://www.craigslist.org/cgi-secure/jobpost?areaID=7&subAreaID=0&group=J&doJobPost=true

It costs $25.00 to post on the craiglist. Still, I guess anyone with a paying job could afford to post there...But if it weren't legit, why would they waste 25 bucks??

the plot thickens....

Oh, it be true! :D

You are half right. Yes it does cost money to post a JOB on CL. But that was not posted under jobs. It was posted under GIGS, events (look at the url). And like I said, all you need is a valid Email address for that.

And I just clicked on the link, and the post has been deleted!

calguy77
09-20-2004, 03:42 PM
Just got a call from a gentleman to confirm my attendance at the event. it is legit and will take place at Disney in Glendale. So if you want to sign up I would do it quick.

splashmtngurl
09-20-2004, 04:00 PM
so is it a screening of the movie????

also i think i think it sounds okay, i mean in the mouseplanet article on the subs the mentioned the craiglist and the event...i wonder what exactly they are doing!

AVP
09-20-2004, 04:10 PM
So if you want to sign up I would do it quick.It's already booked solid, or so I have been told. There are quite a few MousePlanet readers attending the sessions!

AVP

Disney Vault
09-20-2004, 04:27 PM
Are they going to be able to tell us what they did or will they have to sign something saying they cant? I would think they could tell us because if they are trusting a secret with all these little kids it must not have to remain a secret.

AVP
09-23-2004, 11:15 AM
Just a note - a new ad for the same event was back up on craigslist this morning. Don't have the URL, since someone called to tell me about it.

AVP

DJ_MENTOS
09-23-2004, 11:49 AM
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/evg/43365322.html

no1here
09-29-2004, 01:43 PM
As it turned out, this had nothing to do with the subs. As for what it was all about...my lips are sealed.

AVP
09-29-2004, 02:59 PM
As it turned out, this had nothing to do with the subs. As for what it was all about...my lips are sealed.Good to know - and I hope you and your sealed lips had fun.

AVP