PDA

View Full Version : Name one attraction

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
09-17-2004, 12:04 PM
In each land at DL that you enjoy doing, that is not a ride. Do not list places to eat. I mean attractions.

Here is mine:
Main Street: Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln and the little movies in the arcade
Tomorrowland: That is a tough one. We use to love to go to Starcade and ride the motorcycles, before kids
Fantasyland: Drop a penny in the well and hear Snow White Sing, run under the spitting water near Ariel
Toontown: Walk through Donald's boat, and Mickey's house
Frontierland: Billy Hill show
New Orleans square: Disney Gallery
Critter Country: people watch, this is my all time favorite place to watch people, the ones coming off Splash, and their faces! I also like to visit Pooh with the kids.
Adventureland: Tiki Room

dlandnut
09-17-2004, 12:23 PM
Hmmm, let's see:

Tomorrowland: used to be watching the bands and entertainment raise out of the ground at the Tomorrowland Terrace

Frontierland: watching the Mark Twain Steamboat

NOS: the kitchen shop, one of my favorite places to visit

Toon Town: none (never did get into that place for some reason)

Fantasyland: love to watch people's faces on the Carousel

Main Street: GMWML, or the little corner over by where they trade pins where a lot of characters sneak out

As you can see, I love to people watch! :)

rentayenta
09-17-2004, 12:49 PM
These are what come to mind:

Main Street: I love the Fire Dept and the Christmas tree during the holidays.

Tomorrowland: Hmm, that's tough. My kids like the big water ball. I used to love watching the now extinct subs, especially when they went through the waterfalls.

Fantasyland: It will forever be the now extinct Sleeping Beauty walkthough diorama.

Toontown: Mickey's house. My kids are always so happy with their autograph books in hand waiting to see the main mouse. I also really like Toontown at night and the Minnie's kitchen.

Frontierland: I like to watch the Mark Twain also.

NOS: I love the cemetery at the HM with all goofy headstones.

Critter Country: It will forever be the now extinct Country Bear Jamboree.

Adventureland: Tiki Room.

TheMur
09-17-2004, 01:40 PM
Toontown - I like all the sound effects near the exit of Roger Rabbit

Frontierland - Any show at the Golden Horseshoe

Fantasyland - The Sword in the Stone ceremony

Tomorrowland - nothing now (but the kids could watch people play that insipid dancing video game for hours!)

Critter Country - Canoes (I guess that is a ride)

NO Square - I could spend many hours and dollars at the Disney Gallery

Adventureland - Tiki

Main Street - Any of the Main St Vehicles but especially the horse-drawn trolley (ok again technically a ride)

napabeth
09-17-2004, 01:46 PM
Ok. . . um

Main Street: Hearing the ragtime music upon entering the park makes me happy - like "want to start skipping" happy - embarassing for those with me

Adventureland: Once again the jungle type music gets me wound up - and the shops selling safari type stuff are my favorite shops in the park

Frontierland: Going in the fort on Tom Sawyer Island, being a very polite adult untill all the little kids clear out of the gun turret, then manning a gun and shooting all the indians trying to get into my fort! :D (I have a pretty good imagination for an adult) Once again making my friends pretend they don't know me. Also running through the tunnels on the Island.

Critter Country: Watching Splash Mountain ride and eating a big pickle

New Orleans Square: Eating at Blue Bayou!

Fantasyland: Watching the kids - some smiley and happy and other waaaay past time for a nap! Great place to people watch!

Toon Town: Playing with all the "interactive" stuff. Like the bars on the jail and opening doors that talk and stuff like that.

Tomorrowland: Eating a hotdog under where the rockets used to be.

mystycalchyk
09-17-2004, 01:47 PM
Main Street - sitting on the front porch (the one with the wicker couch) and people watching

Tomorrowland - Watching the kids as they try to change the direction of the water ball thingamajig

NOS - sitting with a bowl of chowder and people watching

Adventureland - Tiki Room (hands down)

Fronterland - Billy Hill & the Hillbillies

Fantasyland - Watching the Sword in the Stone Ceremony

ToonTown - Mickeys House

Critter Country - Country Bear Jamboree :crying:

Mickeyslittlehelper
09-17-2004, 03:59 PM
Critter Country: Watching Splash Mountain ride and eating a big pickle

I love the dill pickles also. I couldnt believe that when I went to WDW they dont have them!! :eek:

Main Street - I also like to sit on the porch and people watch

Tomorrowland - Looking at the limes growing :)

NOS - POTC for sure, looking for the mayor, and listening to the jazz band

Adventureland - The queue for Indy, and snake shopping

Fronterland - The Fr.L Shooting Arcade

Fantasyland - Just looking up at the matterhorn, and listening to the music of the tea cups (which is also not at WDW!)

ToonTown - Visiting Pluto

Critter Country - Riding Splash! (and taking pictures from the top of the drop)

RemainSeatedPlease
09-17-2004, 04:30 PM
Main Street: Hearing the ragtime music upon entering the park makes me happy - like "want to start skipping" happy - embarassing for those with me

Main street: diddo!! i love that music too..and i embarass my friends...and it's not really main street but when you go throught the turnstiles into the park, that whistle and the other noise (don't quite know how to describe it).

Tomorrowland: looking in the submarine water...not much else to do there anymore

Fantasyland: to step on that dot/marker-thingy in the castle...i heard it was the middle of the park once...who knows...i just like to jump on it.

Toontown: ew..smells to much like sugar and socks to go there...but we used to go and get shocked by the electric company door.

Frontierland: running to big thunder in the dark while fantasmic is going

NOS: sitting with a bowl of chowder in the french market tables and people watch..and listening to the brass band...it's just not disneyland if we don't do that. Also i always jump up and touch that one support beam just before u make the turn to go outside while exiting pirates...i can't remeber when i started doing that...

Critter Country: hmmm i'd say watching people come off splash

Adventureland: ohohoho i loove scaring my cousin in the indiana jones line..i always run ahead and jump out...even when she knows i'am there she still yells...and pushing the bamboo in the spike room when the people ahead of us can't get it to go...one more, listening to the bamboo wind chimes..i love those things..

ahh i almost forgot hearing remain seated please at matterhorn......aieeeeee

Tigertail777
09-17-2004, 11:47 PM
Main st: the penny arcade, and when they have barbershop quartettes.

Adventureland: Tiki room hands down (as someone else said), I also love the shrunken head ned fortune machine. And just the whole Indy que's atmosphere was awesome (even though none of the little interactive things like the spikes and pulling on the rope worked) I loved the movie room I stayed and watched the entire loop.

Frontierland: this one is hard, I have never gotten time to play the "shootin gallery" so I cant really count that, although it is fun to watch. I absolutely love watching Big thunder at night when they have all the little lantern things lit in the que.

Critter Country: well it WAS bear country jamboree, now... hmm watching people come down off of splash probably, plus its fun to listen to the background music and sound fx around splash. Also watching the train cross over that trestle bridge is always cool.

New Orleans Square: You just have to love the Dixieland type bands that play there they really make the place seem more real. I used to love watching people make doubloons on the doubloon making machine in pieces of eight but thats been out of commission for a while now. Its also fun to watch fortune Red at work. I know you said not to count restaurants, but the ambience of Blue Bayou is like an attraction all by itself. Oh its also fun to watch the caricature artists at work, and listen to the funny upper story audio that plays as you walk through NOS.

Fantasyland: Just walking through the castle, also the snow white grotto. Used to love the sleeping beauty walk thru... but we all know about that one. I am always fascinated by the outside of small world when the clock strikes and all the little marching toys come out its so wonderfully kinetic. Just watching the mad spinning of the teacups is great fun. And the wailing wind coming down from the Matterhorn on the side facing Alice.. love that sound.

Toontown: never been so cant comment.

Tomorrowland: some of these may be old/outdated since I couldnt really drag myself to go through that depressing waste on our trip 3 years ago, not even to ride space mountain ... just the trash floating lagoon was too much of a downer. OK ... the que of star tours is great, and in some ways more entertaining than the ride. When it was there, I loved captain EO (have never seen HISTA only heard audio of it so cant really comment much on it). The elevator to the top level where the rocket jets used to be, was to me always thrilling, once on the top platform you could feel the breezes up there. Of course I cant forget America Sings.. I loved that show even though it clearly didnt fit in Tomorrowlands theme at all. Oh yeah and circlevision was kinda neat.

SCUBAbe
09-18-2004, 08:06 AM
Main Street: are the horse drawn vechicles a ride? if so...looking at the store windows...maybe thats not an attraction...I guess lincoln is ok, but we only go in there like once a year if that...oh, or the fire house..:)

Tomorrowland: stare at the sub lagoon..It is pretty :) the claw game in the arcade.

Fantasyland: walking near snow whites area with the well, and waterfall, but thats not an attraction either...hhmmm...IDK

Toontown: nothing...we don't got go toon town often. If we do we ride roger rabbits ride and leave. It's a land made for toddlers...

Frontierland: TSI

New Orleans square: Disney Gallery

Critter Country: I like to walk around the dry dock area and look at the ship when it's there. I also like going to the walkway and watching people on Splash right after they have gone down the drop and they make the turn, back into the ride. They are all still reacting from the drop...:)

Adventureland: shrunken head ned

GrumpyUTboi
09-18-2004, 04:13 PM
The only attraction that ever needs mentioning is HISTA!

Photographer
09-19-2004, 04:13 AM
ToonTown - watching Goofy and Pluto play

Fantasyland - walk thru the castle and tell my friends to "get out" :eek:

Tomorrowland - watch Buzz Lightyear. The guys who voice the little green man are hilarious and 99% of the time go off script. Ex: The pacifier was left lying around and Starla asks him why: I-I-I was watching McGuyver on DVD and uhh must have fallen asleep.

Adventureland - looking for Tarzan who is never there so my next favorite is the Enchanted Tiki Room

Frontierland - Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - We took country and disco and called it crisco. We combined country and rap. We don't know what to call it.

Critter Country - feeding the kitties behind the Hungry Bear Restaurant. I know it's not an actual attraction but it's my favorite thing to do there.

Main St. - people and character watch

TikiGeek
09-19-2004, 08:51 AM
Wow! I'm suprised that nobody mentioned listening to Rod Miller play the piano or hearing the Dapper Dans sing. Those are almost my favorite "attractions" in the park :)

Hakuna Makarla
09-19-2004, 09:03 AM
The only attraction that ever needs mentioning is HISTA!
I loved this show! I see so many who hate it and I wonder why? I and my kids loved it well not Beau but thats just Beau LOL! He hated almost everything. :eek:

englishdisneylandfan
09-19-2004, 11:42 AM
Main Street- Walking down Main St. and seeing the castle at the end, or the fireworks. :)

Adventureland- The Alladin Storytelling, really worth seeing.

Frontierland- Standing and watching all the activity on the river.

NOS- The street entertainment, bands etc.

Fantasyland- The sword in the stone ceremony.

Tomorrowland- Has to be innoventions, sorry but i like this attraction, well i liked it in 2002, dunno what its like now.

Critter Country- Watching the logs fall over the edge of splash mountain.

Toontown, Meeting Mickey in his house.

They're my favourites, im sure some will disagree with Innoventions :rolleyes: , but i think its pretty good entertainment.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
09-19-2004, 01:06 PM
Frontierland - Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - We took country and disco and called it crisco. We combined country and rap. We don't know what to call it.

LMAO every time I hear that. In May we were there with my VERY LOUD uncle. He has this laugh that makes people turn and look because he is so loud! He started it right then and even Billy Hill stopped, and then started laughing himself, at my uncle!