PDA

View Full Version : Dumbfounded

dlandnut
09-17-2004, 08:04 AM
I had often heard the expression, "dumbfounded" but didn't actually see it until we took our son to Disneyland in 1994. He was 5 years old. We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel and rode the Monorail into DL. As we rode the Monorail across the parking lot, and eventually made the left turn on the Monorail to weave and turn your way to the Monorail station in DL, his eyes got bigger and bigger and he became so quiet. He could not take it all in. He had heard so much about Disneyland from his parents and older sister, and he was finally here! As we got off the Monorail and rode down the escalator, into Tomorrowland, he literally could not talk! He just sort of stood there all wide eyed and looked around without saying a word (a little unusual for a 5-year old active boy). Anyway, it was a fun experience and I wanted to share it: that someone can really be so "caught up in the magic moment" that they can't even speak!!! :)

Mukta
09-17-2004, 08:19 AM
That is so sweet. It seems a lot of people have been talking about taking kids for the first time. You have just given us a very good reason to do it.

rentayenta
09-17-2004, 09:18 AM
That is a great story.

I love how my kids get caught up in the Disney magic. The only one who isn't completely affected by Disney magic is my DH and that's probably because he was deprived of Disney as a child. His first visit was when he was 16 :eek:

napabeth
09-17-2004, 09:22 AM
There have been a lot of stories lately about taking kids. I have a 5 month old black lab puppy who is a complete maniac and EXTREMELY observant. I know dogs aren't allowed, but I can only imagine how much fun she would be at DL. It would just be sensory overload!

GrumpyUTboi
09-17-2004, 09:47 AM
Doesn't DL have a kennel?

napabeth
09-17-2004, 09:59 AM
Oh ya, they have a kennel, but I can only imagine tearing around Tom Sawyers Island with her, or going on ITSW or something that really puts the wind in her face and makes her ears fly!

I think I have a problem - yes, I want to go to DL with my dog! :D Oh well, I'll just have to tell her about it and show her pictures (see, I am sick) :D

disneyperson
09-17-2004, 12:14 PM
Let's see they have batsday, raver days, gay days..., is it so much of a stretch to doggie days? I actually saw several companion dogs on our last two visits.Two of them were happily riding on Small World with their people. There was one very sweet lab who was a guide puppy in training. They were on the HM with us , he did fine in the stretching room but really balked at walking over the line from the elevator into the hall, and then he got really scared in the hall. Poor baby. DL probably isn't the best place for dogs.I like watching the happy doggies who've spent all day in the kennel being reunited with their people at closing time. So many wagging tails.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
09-17-2004, 12:14 PM
Reading this gives me chills and my eyes got all teary! It is truly amazing to see your children react to something like DL! Man I cannot wait to take my little ones back.
I am glad he found so much magic there.