PDA

View Full Version : New Embassy Suites

MouseWife
11-20-2001, 05:26 PM
I am totally debating where to stay on our next trip up to the park.

I understand there is a new Embassy Suites about a mile away.

Has anyone stayed there yet? Has anyone seen it?

If you have stayed there, does it smell too new? You know what I mean, is the smell of the new carpet and paint overwhelming?

Anybody?

Dlandmom
11-21-2001, 02:48 PM
Drove by it this morning. It's about 10 stories tall and in a complex with several other hotels...I think Crowne Plaza, Hyatt, and a few others. It looks brand spanking new.

Sorry, didn't go inside to check it out....

MouseWife
11-21-2001, 03:48 PM
Ooo, that tall huh? I guess I will ask for a room on a lower floor. I didn't realize it was that tall. I have stayed at the Embassy Suites in Buena Park and I think it is only 3 floors and VERY cozy.
The picture looks awesome. I just hope it doesn't STINK!!! {new stuff}.

Thanks for the report!

Dlandmom
11-21-2001, 03:54 PM
Well, if not 10, then at least 8 stories...let's put it this way, if it's the one I drove by (which is on Harbor, about a mile south of Disneyland), then it's NOT a low rise.:D

MouseWife
11-21-2001, 04:23 PM
From the picture on the webpage it is tall.

So what is someone claustraphobic and afraid of heights doing going to Disneyland? : )

Well, I can handle most of the rides.

And, I didn't realize I was claustraphobic till the evening I rode
the Submarines. I boarded gleefully with my sister and then 7 year old daughter. I smiled and took my seat. I heard the hatch click and looked around at where I was and then I couldn't catch my breath! I got all hot and sweaty and nervous and kept my face up against the glass, sucking in the air from the little pipe! I tried to act normally so as not to freak out my daughter but I tell you, that is the closest I ever came to having a panic attack.

See, I still almost freak out!

I will ask for a lower floor. I don't mind the others being above me.

Morrigoon
11-21-2001, 04:30 PM
That's not claustrophobia... those subs WERE hot and airless! ;)

MammaSilva
11-21-2001, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
That's not claustrophobia... those subs WERE hot and airless! ;)

and they smelled like an old locker room phewwwwwwww but I still miss them and wish they would do SOMEthing, almost anything would work these days, with the lagoon :(

Morrigoon
11-21-2001, 04:58 PM
Dont get me wrong, they were total eye candy, I miss seeing them go around. I miss it for my niece and nephew who will never have the fond memories I do of their underwater voyage.

MouseWife
11-21-2001, 06:06 PM
Maybe that was it.....

I hate the smell of feet!!!!!

So I shouldn't be afraid to try those submarine excursions
that I have heard about off the coast of Morro Bay? And another one somewhere else.

Has anyone done one of those?

mad4mky
11-21-2001, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by MouseWife
From the picture on the webpage it is tall.

And, I didn't realize I was claustraphobic till the evening I rode
the Submarines. I boarded gleefully with my sister and then 7 year old daughter. I smiled and took my seat. I heard the hatch click and looked around at where I was and then I couldn't catch my breath! I got all hot and sweaty and nervous and kept my face up against the glass, sucking in the air from the little pipe! I tried to act normally so as not to freak out my daughter but I tell you, that is the closest I ever came to having a panic attack.

See, I still almost freak out!

I will ask for a lower floor. I don't mind the others being above me.

Oh my gosh!! I had the same reaction when I was young. And I did freak out. I think the people around me must have thought I had a fit or something. So, I never rode it again until I was an adult. And again, had the same reaction...sweaty and nervous, heart started pounding....I became panicked. I calmed myself down...but never rode it again...even with my kids. And my husband hated the ride, but he would take the girls on cause I couldn't handle it. I know everyone misses the submarines, not me.:(

zapppop
11-21-2001, 07:48 PM
I have no idea what they're like.

Haven't been allowed in any hotels in Anaheim since the incident I had with the cops back in 1991.

But I digress.

MouseWife
11-21-2001, 08:21 PM
mad4mky~

Do you know that I was talking to another friend of mine and she told me the same exact thing happened to her? I really guess this is the best way to find out if you can't do it.

I do the family itinerary for our vacations~I know that my family would probably love a submarine excursion but I don't even mention it. I could stay on shore but I would worry about them, of course.

But, they are like SO tired of the Ponderosa and I still take them there. : ) I bribe them with the haywagon breakfast. On our first trip, my daughter hugged me and told me 'These memories are so great, I don't ever want to change them. Let's not come back!' Grrrrr.

And, uh, I am afraid to ask, Zappop is it? What did you do? And how do they know you are there? Not to encourage you but really, how do they know?

zapppop
11-21-2001, 08:26 PM
They implanted a tracking device in my head

There was plenty of room in there !!! :D :D :D

MouseWife
11-21-2001, 08:49 PM
zappop~

LOL!

Now you sound like me!!!