PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks

Pages : [1] 2

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
09-16-2004, 09:59 PM
Just was looking at the Disneyland website, they still do not have the shows and parade schedule up for our trip in November. We are staying over the weekend specifically so we can see the Electrical Parade, my kids loved it in May. I see they have fireworks on the weekends in October. Is it safe to assume they will have it on the weekends in November as well? My 3yo LOVES fireworks!

Disneyfreak
09-16-2004, 10:10 PM
Im positive the electrical parade will be running. It is running in september which is a off season. When you go it will be more crowded so they will definately have it.

Darkbeer
09-16-2004, 11:06 PM
The DEP should be performed at 8 PM on Friday and Saturdays in November at DCA.

Fireworks should start to be performed daily starting Friday November 5th (The Holiday version with snow).

Of Course, everything is subject to change at Disney!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
09-17-2004, 11:53 AM
SNOW!!?? Oh that would be so cool if we could see that? How does it work? Do we want to be on Main Street for it?
Since the Electrical Parade is at DCA, we should then get a spot close to the DCA exit so we can hussle over to DL to see the fireworks? Last time we just watched them from under the Golden Gate Bridge.
THANKS for both of your replies!

SteveK
09-17-2004, 12:04 PM
SNOW!!?? Oh that would be so cool if we could see that? How does it work? Do we want to be on Main Street for it?
Since the Electrical Parade is at DCA, we should then get a spot close to the DCA exit so we can hussle over to DL to see the fireworks? Last time we just watched them from under the Golden Gate Bridge.
THANKS for both of your replies!

Not to burst your bubble (pun intended), but the snow is actually bubbles. If you look closely, most if not all appear to be in the shape of mickey's head. That being said, it is very cool, especially for the kids. I'd suggest that as soon as the last float from the ELP goes by, leave and head over for main street. You really need to be there to fully experience the show with the snow effects.
-Steve

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
09-17-2004, 12:06 PM
Bubbles that look like snow will work for me, especially for my 3yo! Thanks for the tip. We will be there both Friday and Saturday nights, so we might just only watch the Electrical Parade one night so we can get a good spot on Main Street the other night.

Mukta
09-17-2004, 12:44 PM
The snow is actually little bits of foam, but it is still really cute and the kids love it.
Form what I can remember from last year, snow came down on Main Street, in front of the castle, in front of It's a Small World and I think near the Rivers of America. My favorite is in front of the castle, but it gets really packed.
Your kids will love it. "I'm dreaming of a white christmas" plays and it slowly dirfts down. California kids (some of who have never seen real snow) love it.

Susan L
09-17-2004, 12:56 PM
They only just came out with the October schedule last week. So you might want to check back the first part of October for the November schedule. I'm pretty sure they will have the fireworks and the DEP on the weekends. The only show I'm aware of that they won't have when we are there late Oct is Fantasmic. We still haven't seen this show, we always seem to go when its not playing. We will be there between 10-22 through 10-28, the DEP is playing 8pm Fri, 8:45pm Sat, 8:45pm Sunand the firworks are 9:25pm Fri and 9:25pm Sat nights only. November may be close to the same schedule.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
09-17-2004, 01:08 PM
Thanks everyone! I am happy there will be fireworks and if there is "snow" it will be even better, not that we don't get snow here, but...

Disneyfreak
09-17-2004, 04:05 PM
They only just came out with the October schedule last week. So you might want to check back the first part of October for the November schedule. I'm pretty sure they will have the fireworks and the DEP on the weekends. The only show I'm aware of that they won't have when we are there late Oct is Fantasmic. We still haven't seen this show, we always seem to go when its not playing. We will be there between 10-22 through 10-28, the DEP is playing 8pm Fri, 8:45pm Sat, 8:45pm Sunand the firworks are 9:25pm Fri and 9:25pm Sat nights only. November may be close to the same schedule.

YOU HAVEN'T SEEN FANTASMIC????? This is the best show the resort offers. Make it a priority next time to visit when fantasmic is playing.

Susan L
09-17-2004, 08:38 PM
YOU HAVEN'T SEEN FANTASMIC????? This is the best show the resort offers. Make it a priority next time to visit when fantasmic is playing.

I know, shame on us. We are planning a trip for Thanksgiving week 2005 hopefully it will be showing then.

SCUBAbe
09-17-2004, 08:45 PM
they use to blow down rreal snow. I wonder why they stopped. The bubbles are just lame. I use to love being in the hub when the snow fell, now it's like ,"why bother...it's just bubbles.."..*sigh*

Germboy
09-17-2004, 11:53 PM
they use to blow down rreal snow. I wonder why they stopped. The bubbles are just lame. I use to love being in the hub when the snow fell, now it's like ,"why bother...it's just bubbles.."..*sigh*

Are you sure SCUBabe? I've been watching that show since year one, and I don't ever remember it being real snow. The first year they had it, I said "What on earth IS that stuff?" If memory serves me, we ran to see it up close and saw that it was some type of soap. Actually, I thought that Imagineering worried that it would be too slippery to use during the rainy season.

The one question I have been wondering about is: Since they got rid of "Believe There's Magic In The Stars", are they going to change the "Believe In Holiday Magic" fireworks as well? Has anyone else wondered about this? Does anyone know?

SCUBAbe
09-18-2004, 07:56 AM
Are you sure SCUBabe? yes, I'm sure. I have curly/wavey hair and it made it frizz really bad, but it was fun. It was also really cold that night. Maybe they can only make snow when it cools down enough. Last christmas they had bubbles, but it was also warmer out. We didn't even need out jackets. I know at mountain high they have to wait for a certain temperture before they turn on their snow makers for the ski slopes....

haunted_mike
09-18-2004, 12:02 PM
Mouseplanet has a very interesting article explaining how they make it snow (http://www.mouseplanet.com/kkrock/dockrock-6.htm) on Mainstreet.

SCUBAbe
09-18-2004, 12:08 PM
Mouseplanet has a very interesting article explaining how they make it snow (http://www.mouseplanet.com/kkrock/dockrock-6.htm) on Mainstreet.hhmmm. it seemed like snow, but it was 4 years ago. Last christmas the effect was terrible. It was obviosly bubbles and I was not as impressed as I was 4 years ago. The were coing down in clumps all stuck together and they were sticky. What I saw 4 to 5 years ago was nothing like what I saw last christmas. Maybe it's because we were in the hub and not down on main street, but it was more like snow than the sticky bubble mess that came down last year. I was trying very hard just to get out of it...it was terrible!

"This shell simply disintegrates upon touch leaving NO RESIDUE"

This did not happen last year. People were catching them and collecting them. My daughter and her friend each had a huge moud of bubbles and they were sticky. Everyone had bubbles sticking to their hair and clothes. It was better the first time I saw it...:)

haunted_mike
09-18-2004, 02:16 PM
Hmmm... that article does go back a few years, maybe the snow blasting canon things need a good clean to make the bubbles look more like snow again. Chalk up another thing to add to the Disneyland "to-do list".

P.S. Here in Europe, some times the snow at Disneyland is real (http://www.mouseplanet.com/paris/dlp030204-2ap.htm)!

SCUBAbe
09-18-2004, 03:10 PM
wow, those picture are ver pretty. We use to gte real snow up here in the desert. It was really weird driving in it when it was still falling. It was also fun driving fast and hitting the breaks and sliding across the parking lot. OK, I'm easily entertained..LOL

Hakuna Makarla
09-18-2004, 03:39 PM
wow, those picture are ver pretty. We use to gte real snow up here in the desert. It was really weird driving in it when it was still falling. It was also fun driving fast and hitting the breaks and sliding across the parking lot. OK, I'm easily entertained..LOL
Derail))))))))

we get tons of it! and as far as sliding on it its a major hazzard. I used to love sliding around the parking lots ScuBabe! you brought back good memorys LOL! I see it now as such a pain! But when you do not see it often its wonderful.Its raining out right now and I bet it snows in the next few weeks! it will snow now until June! It must be strange to have christmas when there's no snow, hummmm I could do with out a snow filled christmas just this one and go to california LOL! WISHING)))))

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
09-18-2004, 09:28 PM
Those Paris snow pictures are gorgeous!!!!!!!! The park is beautiful with snow on it!

Bubbles, snow, foam, whatever, it looks cool and I cannot wait!

SarahShep
09-18-2004, 09:55 PM
It must be strange to have christmas when there's no snow[/b]

It's the only Christmas I know...Can't imagine one WITH snow! Can't imagine snow period...Must be strange. There's not so much of it in the deserts of Arizona.

MrsG
09-19-2004, 08:07 AM
Dang! I was waiting along Main Street for the "snow" all last year but it never showed! I thought they got rid of that effect. Thanks for clearing it up. Only snows around the castle? The commercials seem to show it all along Main Street.

SCUBAbe
09-19-2004, 08:14 AM
Derail))))))))

we get tons of it! and as far as sliding on it its a major hazzard. I used to love sliding around the parking lots
I know this is going to sound silly, but we don't get alot of snow here. When it does snow it usually doesn't stick. Once it was around for maybe a week. When it does snow schools are closed, Businesss send their employees home and for the most part parking lots are empty. Thats why there was so much room to slide around the parking lot...LOL. One year I had to drive home in it. The freeway was totally stopped. So, I got off the freeway to take the side roads. I was going about 40mph thinking, "I wonder why the freeway was going so slow", when my car just did a 360 and went off the side of the road. I didn't hit anything and I wasn't stuck, but then I knew why everyone was driving so slow...LOL. My 40 min round trip drive took over 2 hours.

Californians have a hard time driving in rain, you can imagine how they drive in snow...thats why everything closes early and schools are closed even with a slight dusting of snow...LOL. However, we haven't had snow in about 5 years now. Every year we hope for some...:)

SCUBAbe
09-19-2004, 08:16 AM
Dang! I was waiting along Main Street for the "snow" all last year but it never showed! I thought they got rid of that effect. Thanks for clearing it up. Only snows around the castle? The commercials seem to show it all along Main Street.
It does snow down main street, but it comes down harder in the hub. I can't really compare it though. When I was on main street it seemed like snow, but in the hub we got covered in masses of sticky bubbles. So, judging on those to experinces I would go on main street next time. LOL

Hakuna Makarla
09-19-2004, 08:22 AM
Snow snow snow! thats all we ever get! And can you believe they never close the schools here. My poor kids have to go even if it snows 3 feet! And one year it got to be 45 below before they closed the Butte schools. I was so mad since I take my kids to school but the poor children who have to walk, well thats down right murder to send a poor kid out in the cold like that! They need to keep the poor children home and away from that cold of tempatures, but around here you bet there will be school no matter what! I enjoy driving in it, I just need to get more snow tires LOL! But I do get tired of seeing it most of the year round. I will post some pictures ScuBabe the first snow we get here ok. It should not be long, its already in the 30's here and before we know it snow. Our holloween trick or treaters usually have to trudge in a foot of snow to get something LOL! thats why we do not get many . They say tomorrow wil be snow and rain mixed oh goodie!