PDA

View Full Version : Concierge at the Hotels

kohl
09-16-2004, 07:05 PM
We have not stayed at the concierge at any of the Disney Hotels, but we were thinking of staying at one for a treat to ourselves. I was wondering if they are all the same at the three hotels, or do they offer differen't things at each. Any help would be greatly appreciated

kdrickard
09-16-2004, 08:05 PM
I suggest a quick forum "search" with keyword "concierge". I've seen this topic come up frequently and would bet a nickel if you don't get your answer from this post you will find it from past semi-recent posts. :D

Kevin

ftroop6
09-16-2004, 08:43 PM
Greetings,

We have stayed at the Disneyland Hotel and the Grand Californian as Concierge guests. We were not all the happy with the service at the Disneyland Hotel. We didn't really like the lounge they have and frankly the service from the staff wasn't really concierge level. We won't spend the money on it the next time we stay at the DL Hotel.
We have stayed many times at the Grand Californian with Concierge and really enjoy the service there. They staff is wonderful. The breakfast is much better than at the DL Hotel. We enjoyed the atmosphere of the Craftsman Club better than at the DL Hotel and most of the times we have stayed there it is not too crowded, although a couple of times it was crazy there in the mornings.

kisroo
09-16-2004, 09:48 PM
Mmmmm....concierge in the Grand Cali.

Hubby and I stayed there for our honeymoon in 2002~loved it. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

The lounge is great with a wonderful view of the courtyard and DD. The wine/cheese "happy hour" was so nice (and filling-we skipped dinner several times doing this). The breakfast was also very filling. Having the water, sodas, cookies, and chips available at all times was also a good $ saver for us-especially since we were there for 8 days. I really feel that the service we received (nightly turn downs with an extra special touch that ranged from flowers arranged on our bed to chocolate dipped strawberries), the 2 meals (breakfast and wine/cheese hour), and the available snacks more than paid for themselves for us.

OK...off to convince hubby we need to go there again!!! ;)
~kisroo

ftroop~interesting that the DL concierge was disappointing~that's good to know. I do think that concierge at the GC would be hard to top at DLR. :)

dsny1mom
09-17-2004, 03:58 AM
The concierge staff for ALL THREE DLR HOTELS is now one giant pool of about 75 people. They all take turns working at each of the three hotels. If you recieve poor service at one of the hotels that same conceurge, that wasn't so good, will also serve guests at the two other hotels on other days. There are NO concierge's that only work at a specific hotel any longer. This scheduling system has been in effect since the 2nd half of 2002.

dsny1mom

dlandnut
09-17-2004, 06:52 AM
We have had the concierge service twice at the Grand Californian. Wonderful each time, and a little more "special" than the others. Also a little more money involved, lol! The concierge service at the Disneyland Hotel is also nice. I like the atmosphere, plenty of water and pop, good breakfast options (like cereal, fruit, drinks, coffee, muffins, bagels, etc.). Have not had the concierge at PP. I have used the concierge at both the GC and DH to get rental cars, tickets, etc., with no problems. If you have the money, please pamper yourself and enjoy the concierge level, if only to say you've done it! It truly is great! :)

rentayenta
09-17-2004, 07:02 AM
I wish I could talk DH into concierge service. He said he would turn down the bed and toast my bagel and I won't have to tip him :eek:

dlandnut
09-17-2004, 07:58 AM
I wish I could talk DH into concierge service. He said he would turn down the bed and toast my bagel and I won't have to tip him :eek:

Go ahead and give him a tip, like: use deodorant, bath once in a while, comb your hair, lol. :)

TribeFan
09-17-2004, 08:05 AM
Actually, the Guest Services cast members at DH and CH are 1 team. The Concierge Lounge and Guest Services is run by the Front Desk at PH.

dsny1mom
09-17-2004, 02:25 PM
Tribefan:

Huh? I'm not understanding what you are saying. Please elaborate.

dsny1mom

bduff
09-17-2004, 03:34 PM
Kohl, I'm about to stay at the GCH and I spent a lot of time considering the concierge or not question. I was willing to pony up the extra money to make the trip extra special, in part because I'm not sure if or when we'll be able to come back - so I want to do it right! But we're not made of money, so the extra that we would be spending isn't inconsequential to us.

That said, I ultimately decided against concierge. If you examine prior posts, as kdrickard suggested, I think you'll find the opinions split pretty much down the middle between those who recommend it and those that don't. I don't expect anyone has had a worse experience by having stayed concierge, so in that sense it can't help but add to your experience. However, for us the decision came down to what would add to our visit more: staying concierge, or taking the extra money we'll have by not staying concierge and spending it on other luxuries like extra souveniers, eating at better restaurants, etc, etc.

Seems to be a very personal decision, no right or wrong. Good luck!

sierranevada
09-17-2004, 07:22 PM
Greetings,

We have stayed at the Disneyland Hotel and the Grand Californian as Concierge guests. We were not all the happy with the service at the Disneyland Hotel. We didn't really like the lounge they have and frankly the service from the staff wasn't really concierge level. We won't spend the money on it the next time we stay at the DL Hotel.
We have stayed many times at the Grand Californian with Concierge and really enjoy the service there. They staff is wonderful. The breakfast is much better than at the DL Hotel. We enjoyed the atmosphere of the Craftsman Club better than at the DL Hotel and most of the times we have stayed there it is not too crowded, although a couple of times it was crazy there in the mornings.

Got to agree here. While we did not have poor service at the DLH concierge, it was always crowded and very hard to find a place to sit. The lounge at the GC is at least twice as big as the DLH and we never had a problem finding a spot. Also, at the GC lounge, you can go out on the balcony and watch the fireworks and they pipe in the music. Great spot to chill out with a glass of wine and a snack!!

TribeFan
09-18-2004, 08:59 AM
dsny1mom:

You mentioned that all 3 hotels have the same concierge staff. This information is incorrect. The Disneyland Hotel and The Grand share a guest services staff. Some cast members are trained to work at the guest services desk at both hotels and also in the concierge lounge at the Disneyland Hotel. Currently, the Craftsmans Club (the concierge lounge) at the Grand has a staff that is exclusivly trained for that location. If you are not trained there, you can't work that location.

At the Paradise Pier hotel, the Guest Services desk and the Concierge Lounge is staffed by Front Desk cast members. They do not have a separate Guest Services staff and the cast of the other 2 hotels do not work there.

TribeFan
09-18-2004, 09:04 AM
Got to agree here. While we did not have poor service at the DLH concierge, it was always crowded and very hard to find a place to sit. The lounge at the GC is at least twice as big as the DLH and we never had a problem finding a spot. Also, at the GC lounge, you can go out on the balcony and watch the fireworks and they pipe in the music. Great spot to chill out with a glass of wine and a snack!!

That's interesting. The Lounge at the Disneyland Hotel is much bigger than the one at the Grand. You can also watch the fireworks from there and they pipe in the music. It's on the 11th floor of the Sierra Tower facing the park and DTD.

Just to let you all know, there have been some changes in the food offerings at both the Grand and the DH. Both are very impressive and long overdue.

SCUBAbe
09-18-2004, 09:26 AM
That's interesting. The Lounge at the Disneyland Hotel is much bigger than the one at the Grand. You can also watch the fireworks from there and they pipe in the music. It's on the 11th floor of the Sierra Tower facing the park and DTD.

Just to let you all know, there have been some changes in the food offerings at both the Grand and the DH. Both are very impressive and long overdue.
I don't think this has anything to do with the concierge level, but the PPH hotel also has the music from the fireworks piped in and can be viewed on the pool level. :)

Hakuna Makarla
09-18-2004, 12:25 PM
tell him this is a christmas present and you will never ask again LOL!
I had never heard of concierage before ( go figure heh! ) I bet this is super expensive but sounds so wonderful! just think, choclates on my pillow, breakfast where I did not have to walk a mile, or eat continental, or make it my self :crying:
wow, its like some one doing my dishes and or letting me sit down for a meal and not having to run and keep refilling every one elses cups and plates while my dinner runs cold :~D
Sounds to good to be true! Acual cheese and wine?, snacks, and some one to fetch them for you, ohhhhh you must be talking about being in heaven right???

pisces
09-18-2004, 03:53 PM
Well, I've not visited the park in 25 years, and I am ready to splurge.

Since I am going all out, I really considered Concierge at the Grand Californian.

But, because of when I'm going...the week between Christmas and New Years......an already expensive time, the cost would have been totally outrageous, especially considering I'd be in the Park (what with the extended hours that week) most of the time, and not expecting to spend my time in a lounge.

If I change my dates, and that is a slight possibility....to include Christmas proper (the actual 24th and 25th).....of course I will do GCH Concierge. The Park closes early on Christmas and Christmas Eve, and so spending time in the lounge makes sense, then.

I'm sure Concierge is wonderful on Christmas and Christmas Eve.

But again, if the Park is going to be open extended hours, and you want to take advantage of that......it might be a waste.

tink1234
09-18-2004, 07:54 PM
The Park closes early on Christmas and Christmas Eve, and so spending time in the lounge makes sense, then.

We are doing concierge at GCH on Christmas day and Eve!! I checked the web site and it is posted that DL closes at 8 on Eve, but 12 on day! :) So you can enjoy both the lounge and DL that day!