PDA

View Full Version : Star Tours has GOT TO GO

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

fjhuerta
09-16-2004, 04:51 PM
20 years or so is enough.... time for a new attraction!

Am I the only one who thinks Star Tours is NOT a classic, and should have been replaced a long time ago...?

Leli
09-16-2004, 04:53 PM
In my opinion, it's a great ride. It was the first ride I went on everytime when I was younger. Now I sort of get nauseas from it, but I still wouldn't want it removed.

fjhuerta
09-16-2004, 04:56 PM
In my opinion, it's a great ride. It was the first ride I went on everytime when I was younger. Now I sort of get nauseas from it, but I still wouldn't want it removed.

I don't know... "Honey, I shrunk the audience", "Innoventions", and "Star Tours" are the rides I'd like to be removed from Tomorrowland...

Hey, wait... those rides ARE Tomorrowland! :p

Disneyfreak
09-16-2004, 04:56 PM
If they can come up with something better then by all means get rid of it.

Leli
09-16-2004, 05:13 PM
I'd rather have them remove Honey, I Shrunk the Audience and Innoventions before Star Tours.

RagtimePrince
09-16-2004, 05:17 PM
I think it's a fantastic simulator ride, but it's been there a LONG, LONG time. They could make a new film for so little and still keep the license and theme, so why not do so?

Still, I ride it once every trip I make, so it's not that old to me.

rentayenta
09-16-2004, 05:17 PM
My kids love Star Tours otherwise I wouldn't care either way. HISTA gets on my nerves (Don't tell the GrumpyUt guy ;) )

Susan L
09-16-2004, 05:24 PM
We like Star Tours. Instead of dumping it, they just need to come up with some new rides in TL. Its all tore up now and they are working on a new attraction. What else would you like to see there? If you think about it alot of the rides in Disneyland have been there for alot longer, say 50 years, and I bet you still like them.

TempoNZ
09-16-2004, 05:44 PM
I love Star Tours. By all means update the movie every few years but on the whole I think it is a great ride

Mistersh0w
09-16-2004, 05:48 PM
Woah woah woah! Let's not forget the millions of Star Wars fans that come to Disneyland for some "closest thing in the world to actually BEING in the Star Wars universe" escapism! I mean, I know the prequels suck, but the classic trilogy OWNS!! And with the Trilogy coming out this tuesday, Star Wars is bigger than ever! So to get rid of the ONLY ride based off of the Star Wars Trilogy would be insane!! Not to mention the fact that we have a nice little Lucasfilm fix with Indy and Star Tours in the same park.....PLUS what about motion simulators?! Every park needs a motion simulator!! Ok i'll stop...

DCAWhites
09-16-2004, 05:49 PM
I say keep it. The theme is very good, its very popular, and has just the right amount of thrill. However, the film they have is Extremely old and tired. I say they spend 50 million to put a new film in and reprogram the ride, add some new technology in, and make the overflow queue more imaginative. Also maybe a new pre show and I'd like to see the exit have more theming than the energizer posters. Shouldn't take more than 9 months for a refurb like this I think.

DisneylandForever
09-16-2004, 05:57 PM
I say keep it. The theme is very good, its very popular, and has just the right amount of thrill. However, the film they have is Extremely old and tired. I say they spend 50 million to put a new film in and reprogram the ride, add some new technology in, and make the overflow queue more imaginative. Also maybe a new pre show and I'd like to see the exit have more theming than the energizer posters. Shouldn't take more than 9 months for a refurb like this I think.

I agree. Just needs a new film. The queue is great, and nowadays more entertaining than the ride itself.

MrsG
09-16-2004, 06:01 PM
Never ride it. I'd love to see something new, but I know there are Star Wars fans who would rather it stay. Doesn't bother me that it is there. Now, innoventions.... please, change that!

Disney Vault
09-16-2004, 06:02 PM
Would anyone else want stiches great escape in the DL TL?

AliciasMom
09-16-2004, 06:05 PM
I love Star Tours. I don't even mind that the film is a littler bit dated. Then again I'm a Star Wars buff which explains why it is one of my favorite rides.

Hakuna Makarla
09-16-2004, 06:16 PM
Oh man, I did not get a chance to go on this ride! please do not take it away in case I ever get back to disneyland!

merlinjones
09-16-2004, 06:22 PM
Star Tours only needs some jazzed up technology, projection, films and efx and it can be fresh again. The park can't spare something as good as Star Tours...

But I would dearly love Adventure Thru Inner Space with new tech (how about a ride thru/3-D Spider-Man version?)! ATIS should come back in the Mission to Mars or Honey space...

munchkinsmom0003
09-16-2004, 06:33 PM
I'd Keep Star Tours but please get rid of Innoventions! My DH says that Innoventions is like a glorified techie trade show. We been in once when it first opened and haven't been back inside since.

I long for the days of the People Mover and the Mission to Mars "ride." The MTM ride was great for resting and cooling off in the summer. :)

jediknight
09-16-2004, 07:06 PM
I don't know, Star Tours is pretty fun to go on. One thing I really like about it is that it has the same feeling as the older movies, which are classics. If they changed the ride it might end up being a lot like Episodes 1 and 2. I think they should leave it as is and just make another star wars ride :D

thinktink
09-16-2004, 07:17 PM
I agree that the "movie" story is old. Maybe if they kept the attraction the same but had different "ride movies" in the simulators so it was a different experience with each ride,ie: one ride could be in space, one in a pod racer, one under the water in the hidden land where JarJar lived (I am a little star wars illiterate). Anyway you get my drift.

Barbossa
09-16-2004, 07:40 PM
Yeah, Innoventions sucks. I miss "America Sings" myself. I also miss the People Mover and Adventure Through Inner Space. When I was a kid I thought that big eye and shrunken cars were real. When I was a teenager, ATIS was one of my top 2 make-out rides (Haunted Mansion was the other one). Wow, an idea for a new thread!?

CoasterChickie
09-16-2004, 07:56 PM
I love the Star Wars ride!! I would be really sad if they got rid of it. Maybe you need to sit in the front row, middle seat...that way you'll enjoy it more!!

Scalper10
09-16-2004, 08:07 PM
Star Tours rules! Make the Endor video digital. Different "trips" in the other 3 cabins. More special effects. Turn the Star Trader into a Star Wars Cantina resturant. Animatronic Cantina Band. Think Blue Bayou atmosphere.

check out my friends Star Tours site...

http://www.swstartours.net

jrsharp21
09-16-2004, 08:13 PM
I believe the reason for there not being a new movie to Star Tours is that Eisner ruined the relationship with George Lucas. I remember reading this somewhere. Eisner had a phone call with Mr. Lucas and George Lucas came out of that call with a bad taste in his mouth, as if Eisner was above and beyond his help.

Anyone else read about this?

Fozzie
09-16-2004, 08:49 PM
Innoventions is, in my opinoin, one of the most boring non-attractions in the entire park. :|