PDA

View Full Version : Help needed for trip in October

uvsc_wolverine
09-16-2004, 01:05 PM
Me and two of my friends are going on a 4-day DL trip in October (see my sig), and I was wondering what the weather is like. We'll be there the Wednesday-Saturday preceding Halloween (Oct.27-30). How cool/warm is it? We're from Utah, so we consider the high-40s to be shorts weather :cool: .

Also, does anyone know approximately what time the sun will be going down? I've been to DL numerous times, but my friends aren't as lucky. Kyle has only been once (with me about ten years ago), and Andrew has never been at all. I want to make sure these guys see everything DL has to offer while we're there (especially DL at night!). I know we'll be missing the unwrapped castle and Fantasmic, but there's no way we'd be able to make it any other time this year.

One last question: The first time I went to DL I was about 2 yrs. old, so I don't really know what it's like to be a first timer. Does anyone have any suggestions about anything special to do with a first-timer? So far all I've come up with is to do what he wants to do (at least for the first day :~D ). We're going to have lunch at the Blue Bayou one day, but so far I haven't come up with anything really good to do. Keep in mind we'll be there for four days, and we're all 23 y/o.

Thanks all!

GrumpyUTboi
09-16-2004, 01:14 PM
Greetings from Eagle Mountain! If you want on Oct 30th my family and I are celebrating my daughters 7th b-day, so come and join the fun. On the 28th we are eating at the Blue Bayou.

As for DL LY the first day was really hot around 90 degrees then the temp dropped into the 70's. It was okay during the day time, but my kids got a little cold at night. There was a breeze each night that made things cooler than what it really was.

High 40's is tank top and shorts weather. High 30's at least for us is still shorts weather. Have fun in DL and we will see ya there.

tstan70
09-16-2004, 01:23 PM
Here is a link that may be of help. It is from the Weather channel and has averages and sunrise/sunset info

http://www.weather.com/weather/climatology/daily/USCA0027?climoMonth=10

just remember that 55 degrees in the evening may seem a bit colder to you since the humidity is much higher than in Utah. Make sure to take a jacket and have a waterproof jacket in case it rains - or you could always get a DL poncho (they are only $3 or so - best value in the whole resort)

dlandnut
09-16-2004, 01:23 PM
As another fellow Utahn, I ALWAYS pack for cooler weather. Unless you're there in the heat of summer, night is always cooler and a jacket is appropriate. I, too, wear shorts, but a jacket is often needed. DL makes a bundle on selling jackets and/or sweatshirts during the evening hours. Go Wolverines (also a UVSC alum). Have a great time. :)

julia
09-16-2004, 01:26 PM
Hi,

Enjoy your trip to Disneyland!

Check out the FastPass locations at Disneyland and California Adventure and see which ones sound like fun to you. When you first arrive at the parks in the morning, go around to each of those locations and get your appointment times for each ride/attraction so that you are sure to get the chance. It probably won't be incredibly crowded, but it never hurts to do the FastPasses.

Please feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions!

Best Regards,

CoasterChickie
09-16-2004, 02:52 PM
High 40's is tank top and shorts weather. High 30's at least for us is still shorts weather. Have fun in DL and we will see ya there.

You are talking farenheit, aren't you? I'd be freezing if I was wearing a tank top and shorts in 40 degree weather. Maybe it feels warmer to you at the high altitude in Utah, but I think Disneyland is at sea level.

I wore a tank top, skirt and flip flops the whole time I was there on Labor Day weekend. But I'm taking a sweatshirt, jeans, socks and sneakers just in case it gets cold in October. I'd rather be too hot than too cold any day.

P.S. uvsc wolverine...if possible, try to get a table by the water at the Blue Bayou

uvsc_wolverine
09-16-2004, 04:47 PM
uvsc wolverine...if possible, try to get a table by the water at the Blue Bayou

That reminds me, I still need to make my BB reservations...