PDA

View Full Version : Residence Inn on S. Clementine?

Tikidude Jose
11-20-2001, 03:36 PM
:confused: Alrighty, I recently got the Residence Inn on S. Clementine for 30 dollars a night on Priceline. Has anyone stayed there? Is it really walking distance to the parks? I'm a little scared because the last time I used Priceline I got an Econolodge in a really bad neighborhood. Every other time I've used it I've gotten the West Coast Anaheim hotel,which was wonderful, but that Econolodge almost scared me off of Priceline forever. C'mon you local yokels help a po' boy? :crying:

EandCDad
11-20-2001, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Tikidude Jose
:confused: Alrighty, I recently got the Residence Inn on S. Clementine for 30 dollars a night on Priceline. Has anyone stayed there? Is it really walking distance to the parks? I'm a little scared because the last time I used Priceline I got an Econolodge in a really bad neighborhood. Every other time I've used it I've gotten the West Coast Anaheim hotel,which was wonderful, but that Econolodge almost scared me off of Priceline forever. C'mon you local yokels help a po' boy? :crying:

Dude, $30 bucks, you scored like crazy. That is a great deal. I'm going to have to check that out myself. Dang, I can't believe it. I've stayed there several times for work related stuff. Its a very nice property.

You can walk to the park but I would take the shuttle if you have kids. Otherwise it is a pretty good walk. The location is fine. You are going to be very happy I think. If you don't like it, call me and I'll give you $30 and come stay up there.

Tikidude Jose
11-20-2001, 05:19 PM
Well, I'm glad to hear that it's a nice place, that does much to ease my mind, as I won't be around the Econolodge whinos this time. The happiest place on Earth during the day, and the Drinkenest Whinos on Earth at Night. I actually bid like 9 times before I got that price for Residence. I know of a website that kind of tells you how to manipulate priceline so that you get more than the prerequisite 3 bids. I'm really looking forward to the trip. What are the crowds like Jan 2nd-6th? Also, as an out of town driver what would be the best time of day to tackle the SoCal Freeway? I'm not a bad driver, but I don't like to sit in the never ending traffic jam which is the freeway. Any suggestions?

PinkFloyd
11-21-2001, 07:34 AM
Just returned from this location on Sunday and it was wonderful! Everything EandCDad says is true. They also have a continental breakfast in the morning, nice pool, ping pong tabels, vollyball/tennis court. I hope you have a great time!

lisap
11-21-2001, 08:01 AM

What are the crowds like Jan 2nd-6th? Also, as an out of town driver what would be the best time of day to tackle the SoCal Freeway? I'm not a bad driver, but I don't like to sit in the never ending traffic jam which is the freeway. Any suggestions?

Perfect time to go. Crowds should be light.

The freeways are best used between 11pm and 4am ;) Seriously, just avoid morning (7-9am) and afternoon(4-7pm) rush hour and you should be ok, barring traffic accidents (God forbid).

Tips on manipulating Priceline would be welcome :D

Tikidude Jose
11-21-2001, 08:33 AM
Well, try using two different bids for the weekend/weekdays.
Some hotels are available on the weekend that aren't available during the week and vice-versa. This should guarantee a lower rate throughout the trip. Try Checking in on a Tues or Weds out by Friday. Then check in on a Fri out on a Sun or Mon.
My 2nd tip which has always worked for me is start out bidding something ridiculous like, "Anaheim, 4 stars 14 days 15 dollars per night"...gradually decrease your days and increase your bid until you get where you want to be. It seems that Priceline may get frustrated when you've bid numerous times without success, and may assist you better, I dunno for sure though.
Finally, put on your lucky underwear before bidding.:D

mad4mky
11-21-2001, 08:43 AM

Finally, put on your lucky underwear before bidding.:D

hee, hee, hee....Great advice!:D

Not Afraid
11-21-2001, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by lisap

The freeways are best used between 11pm and 4am ;) Seriously, just avoid morning (7-9am) and afternoon(4-7pm) rush hour and you should be ok, barring traffic accidents (God forbid).

In general, LisaP is right on with the traffic info, however, a lot depends on the freeway you will be driving and direction you'll be going. The 5 is bad going both ways. The 91 depends on the direction. The 405 North is great after Brookhurst but bad going South (take the toll road). The 22 can be somewhat bad but not as bad as other freeways.

It just depends on where you're going and what time of day. The streets are always an option too but I don't know if I'd recommend them if you're not familiar with the area.

If you want to give some specifics, I'm sure there are many OC MPers that would give their sage advice.

Tikidude Jose
11-21-2001, 09:09 AM
I'll be taking 1-15 S to Ca 60 W, Ca 60 W to CA 57 S exiting at Katella? Probably around 2 in the afternoon...yay or nay?

Not Afraid
11-21-2001, 09:15 AM
At 2:00 in the afternoon you shouldn't have a problem on thos freeways. If it gets later (3:00 - 3:30) you probably will run into traffic during the week.

Tikidude Jose
11-21-2001, 10:05 AM
Cool, that should be nice. Thanks to everyone for the help, my family and I really appreciate it.

EandCDad
11-21-2001, 02:36 PM
Cool, that should be nice. Thanks to everyone for the help, my family and I really appreciate it.

One thing to remember Tikidude, in addition to the continental breakfast at the Residence Inn, you get a room with a full kitchen. Its perfect for making your dinner or at least packing luches or snacks for the park. Something to keep in mind.