PDA

View Full Version : Taxi service for Anaheim

sdfilmcritic
09-16-2004, 03:14 AM
Does anybody know the contact and rates information for some of the taxi services in Anaheim? For my week long vacation later this year I want to use my car as little as possible during the time there. I was wondering about rates for taxis to get me around town to various restaurants or shopping within reasonable walking distance (less than one mile) of my hotel or DLR. I don't have a Orange County phone book so I can't look the contact information up ahead of time, so I was hoping you all might know. Thank you.

Hakuna Makarla
09-16-2004, 05:50 AM
Here is my experience

Knotts --$20.00 from motel ( carousel) to gate of knotts
airport--10.00
store down katella 5.00
depends if the taxi wants to take you for all your worth or if you are smart and get rates when you call them. I got different quotes if you can believe it and one taxi guy kept messing with the meter and it kept going up and up like crazy. I told him I called first and got a rate and he about messed him self. The trip was quoted 20.00 he tried to scam me for 37.00
be careful I got taken a few times until I called first and got a quote right away and told the taxi man right up front when I got in. San diego taxi's are good for this!
The motel told me one old couple got charged 57.00 for 8 blocks and she reported the taxi company. be aware and you will be fine.

seattlemom
09-16-2004, 06:08 AM
if you want to look up info in the phone book, just go to www.dexonline.com and you can do a search by city and category. It will give you listings in surrounding areas too.

PsychDoc
09-16-2004, 06:41 AM
Here is my experience

Knotts --$20.00 from motel ( carousel) to gate of knotts
airport--10.00
store down katella 5.00
depends if the taxi wants to take you for all your worth or if you are smart and get rates when you call them. I got different quotes if you can believe it and one taxi guy kept messing with the meter and it kept going up and up like crazy. I told him I called first and got a rate and he about messed him self. The trip was quoted 20.00 he tried to scam me for 37.00
be careful I got taken a few times until I called first and got a quote right away and told the taxi man right up front when I got in. San diego taxi's are good for this!
The motel told me one old couple got charged 57.00 for 8 blocks and she reported the taxi company. be aware and you will be fine.
man that makes me mad. I'm in the same fix right now. I'm trying to figure out which is better, taxi or shuttle from John Wayne to DLH. When my sister and I took a taxi last year it was like $30. I thought that was way too much. So do I just tell the guy the quote is only $20??

Hakuna Makarla
09-16-2004, 08:44 AM
There are numerous cab compnays, but I did mostly yellow cab. Call yellow cab
here is the number http://www.yellowcab.com/ tell them where you are at, and where you want to go and get a quote and the name of the person so you can let the drive you get know you got the quote from her or him. Tell them you need a qoute so you can compare with the other cab companys and they will give you the exact price ( they hate competition! ) when you do get into the cab, tell the driver you got a quote from such and such and you will get a fare ride! This may be a hassle but you will not get taken and maybe save some big bucks. I got taken one time, once to many!
you can also call blue shuttle, I believe its 10.00 per person (quoted to me but I had paid up front thru travel agent already) to me that adds up if you have more then 1 in your party. taxi will take many people, and if you have lots of people and luggage they will call a taxi van for same price.
I hope I helped in any way. Be safe and have a wonderful trip!
P.S. here is the super shuttle service ( blue)
http://www.bei-hotels.com/supershuttle.htm

missm
09-16-2004, 11:43 AM
Karla, was that $20 (cab ride) for everyone in the party? Thanks for all the great info. I might have to go to Knotts while I'm there now since it's such a cheap cab ride.

missm
10-06-2004, 10:21 AM
Karla- What cab company did you get the $10 airport ride quote from? I called and got a $36 quote. Thanks for the info on this thread. It has helped make some decisions for me.

Hakuna Makarla
10-06-2004, 10:26 AM
Hi MissM The 20.00 was for everyone in our party ( me and the 2 kids) to knott's but make sure you request a van( taxi) if you have more and need more space.
the 10.00 was for the blue shuttle from john wayne air port, and it was per person, not to great! But check out what a taxi will cost maybe it will be better.
I am excited for you, take lots of pictures girl!

sjcivilady
10-06-2004, 10:47 AM
I was recommended another search for phone type info - Anywho.com - I believe it's AT&T's listings. FYI for anyone who's interested :) joan

missm
10-06-2004, 10:57 AM
You know I think I'm going to stick with the $36 taxi ride. It's private, so no stops at other hotels. I am getting kind of sick of planning this trip and calling everyone and their brother to get quotes, confirmations and such. I guess I'm all planned out. The taxi would work out to $11 per person (including a tip) and it's a van so it wont be cramped. Okay, I've decided, I'm getting a taxi. Karla, I might go back to DL for my birthday again this year (March 15) or maybe the week preceding it. Maybe I will see you.

Hakuna Makarla
10-06-2004, 12:50 PM
Hope you can make it when I am there Missm! My borthday is March 18th, 46 years old, do I look it? hummm no way I am so young LOL! Take the taxi, I would. the blue shuttle was a hassle as we had to stop at 2 other motels. Are you flying into john wayne or LaX ?

missm
10-06-2004, 05:09 PM
John Wayne. I am so excited for this trip. It's my first real vacation with my friends. By real, I mean on an airplane. We've always just gone to Eastern WA, and Oregon on little trips here and there. My friend Kat is coming and it's her first time in DL. I am so glad you talked about taxi's on here Karla because it just makes the trip so much easier.

Hakuna Makarla
10-06-2004, 05:20 PM
I am excited for you MissM, I know how you feel! Its good you are going into john wayne instead of LAX, Have a great time, and please take those photo's so we can all see how much fun you had!

mystycalchyk
10-06-2004, 05:23 PM
Just an FYI...we too flew into The Duke last week
Yellow cab from there to our hotel (The Tropicana Inn & Suites, located directly across the street from the maingate) was $33. On the way back to the airport, our hotel arranged for a different cab, it was $35...so pretty close to the same.

Hakuna Makarla
10-06-2004, 06:05 PM
Thanks mystycalchyk, I will make sure to get the cab next time, the shuttle was a bit much with all the other drop offs etc. and also 10.00 per person was a bit much. TYaxi for me to when I fly in in MArch :D

rentayenta
10-06-2004, 08:47 PM
on a total side note:

Karla and missm, I am a Pisces too, March 7 :)

missm
10-06-2004, 09:26 PM
on a total side note:

Karla and missm, I am a Pisces too, March 7 :)

Okay now we're all going to have to have a big birthday bash in DL this year. The Pisces Party. My dad and best friend are both pisces.

I am stressing over my trip and can't figure out why. I already have the hotel and flight booked and paid for so the hard parts over. But geez getting to and from the airport (in Portland) is turning into a hassle. We were going to have someone drive us but now that our flight leaves at 6:40 am that's not going to happen. I think we're just going to get a hotel. Sorry for venting a bit. I need to go to bed I think and forget about this until tomorrow.

cirquelover
10-07-2004, 09:00 AM
When we fly out of Portland we usually just stay at the Radisson. The price is about the same as long term parking and they drop you off right in front of your terminal. I believe they have security patrol the parking lot. Plus you get breakfast in the morning, if you leave early you get to pick a muffin, fruit or juice.

GrumpyUTboi
10-07-2004, 10:35 AM
Why don't you rent a car? If you are going to use a taxi service to go from here to there it might be cheaper just to rent a car for the day or for your tip there. We decided to rent a car, cheaper than flying and I'd rather driver 3000 miles on someone elses car than my own.

Hakuna Makarla
10-07-2004, 11:50 AM
Why don't you rent a car? If you are going to use a taxi service to go from here to there it might be cheaper just to rent a car for the day or for your tip there. We decided to rent a car, cheaper than flying and I'd rather driver 3000 miles on someone elses car than my own.

Oh if it were that easy LOL! I can not find my way out of a mall! I get lost in citys smaller them your malls! I just can not drive any where there is more then one hundred people. Some people got good direction, some of us just let a taxi do the driving. I live in a small town, I still get lost LOL!