PDA

View Full Version : Starcade Construction

JoeBob
09-15-2004, 06:42 PM
Does anyone know what is going on in starcade? The construction is on the 2nd floor. Could this have something to do with Space Mountain?

Leli
09-15-2004, 07:03 PM
I'm not sure, but the second level to the Starcade's been closed for years now.

BrerFox
09-15-2004, 07:19 PM
My dad and I pent many happy hours playing air hockey on that second level. :crying: MEMORIES!

Disney Vault
09-15-2004, 07:23 PM
That whole area is just a waste of space. They could put a cool attraction in that arcade area.

bassett1976
09-15-2004, 07:54 PM
Do you think that the second floor is going to become part of the Premiere shop? Don't they have to move for the Buzz que?

Disneyfreak
09-15-2004, 08:01 PM
I think they are going to put the space mountain queue in there. They probably will theme it and close it from downstairs. They probably will rip out the escalator.

DisneylandForever
09-15-2004, 08:40 PM
I think they are going to put the space mountain queue in there. They probably will theme it and close it from downstairs. They probably will rip out the escalator.

If they do they shouldn't just fill in the floor/ceiling. They should make that part plexiglass. They can make it thick enough to walk on, but rope it off anyway so people in the Starcade can look up and see the Space Mountain queue and not just the bottom of feet. That might be cool, if they do-up the queue real nice, which I'm sure they will!

nightdesigns
09-15-2004, 08:44 PM
If they do they shouldn't just fill in the floor/ceiling. They should make that part plexiglass.

And while that would look cool, have you noticed how many women wear skirts/dresses in disneyland. I'm sure that woudln't go over too well, although may keep the line shorter.

DisneylandForever
09-15-2004, 08:48 PM
And while that would look cool, have you noticed how many women wear skirts/dresses in disneyland. I'm sure that woudln't go over too well, although may keep the line shorter.

That's why you rope it off (or surround it with mini-walls) so people don't stand on it. When you look up you only see people like from the waist or shoulders up, but more so the walls and ceiling of the queue upstairs. I didn't mean for people to walk on it. Anyways it was just an idea!

iceman559
09-15-2004, 08:50 PM
i think i get what you mean. sorta like the queue goes by the plexi-glass not on top of it. but you can look up through it and see the people standing in line. like when your riding the people mover at WDW and you pass through star trader, just looking up instead of down.

DisneylandForever
09-15-2004, 08:58 PM
i think i get what you mean. sorta like the queue goes by the plexi-glass not on top of it. but you can look up through it and see the people standing in line. like when your riding the people mover at WDW and you pass through star trader, just looking up instead of down.

I've never been to WDW, but yeah you get it. I just think it would be a shame to "wall-off" the floor/ceiling, when they could do something cool with it.

ModHatter
09-15-2004, 09:09 PM
My hopes still rest with Starcade becoming Innoventions (or, for the time being, Innoventions West) so that the current Innoventions building could actually be, y'know, useful.

JoeBob
09-16-2004, 02:47 PM
That's a good idea to move inovations over there. Then we could get a new E ticket in Tomorrowland. There are plenty of things that could go in that building.

ModHatter
09-16-2004, 03:40 PM
Well, I guess the solution is for all of us to go posing as tourists so they will ask us to fill out more of those surveys!

fjhuerta
09-16-2004, 04:50 PM
Easy. Close Starcade, turn it into a themed queue for Space Mountain, DESTROY "Innoventions" (use WMD's if necessary) and place something worthwile inside that incredible building...

ModHatter
09-16-2004, 04:58 PM
Easy. Close Starcade, turn it into a themed queue for Space Mountain, DESTROY "Innoventions" (use WMD's if necessary) and place something worthwile inside that incredible building...

But do we really need more queue for Space Mountain??? I read an article which made it pretty clear Innoventions wasn't going away any time soon. But it can certainly move until then.

Disneyfreak
09-16-2004, 04:59 PM
But do we really need more queue for Space Mountain??? I read an article which made it pretty clear Innoventions wasn't going away any time soon. But it can certainly move until then.

We will need more queue when it opens. The line will well be over 4 hours long when it reopens.

Explicit
09-16-2004, 05:01 PM

Thats exactly what I was thinking. While I would not argue with having that :D , the privacy issue would come up and I doubt the Disney would want to deal with lawsuits.

DCAWhites
09-16-2004, 05:53 PM
I sure do hope that the starcade (lower level at least) is refurbished this spring and summer for the reopening of space mountain. That place is very dilapitated and it might not fit in with the new space mountain.

JoeBob
09-20-2004, 03:39 PM
Does anyone have any new pictures of the construction going on?