PDA

View Full Version : Three Little Pigs

Pages : [1] 2

thinktink
09-15-2004, 01:11 PM
Just curious, my son loves the Three little Pigs story and would love to see them or the Big Bad Wolf. I have never seen them at DL, just wondering if these characters still make appearances? I have seen old DL pictures of them, so I know they are out there somewhere?? :confused:

Christiii
09-15-2004, 01:19 PM
I love those pigs!! I have the cutest pic of me aw a kid pulling one of the pig's tails..I was tiny...so I wasnt one of the mean kids that try to pull the tail OFF..just a cute lil squeeze :-)
anyway...I know on the Storybook boats they have the three little pigs houses and they talk about them for a brief sec...but thats all I can recall at the park...too bad..BRING BACK DA PORK!!! that will be my new battle cry :D

mystycalchyk
09-15-2004, 01:26 PM
I know I have seen them, but my poor brain cant seem to conjure up if it was just last summer in WDW or in Dland. I'm leaning toward Dland. And since my first trip was in 1997 it was relatively recent in the grand scope of things

CoasterChickie
09-15-2004, 02:38 PM
When you go on the Storybookland ride, you see the three litttle pigs' houses and you can hear them singing "Who's afraid of the big bad wolf?" I love that part!! :) But I've never seen the actual pigs or wolf in the park.

sediment
09-15-2004, 03:09 PM
The BBW might appear on Halloween. That's when the "villains" come out in force. (Last few years, it's been that way.)

splashmtngurl
09-15-2004, 03:13 PM
in may u saw the little pigs at the character meet and greet center in fantasyland @ DL the only thing was the line to get to them was so HUGE we didnt get pics. I recall seeing the big bad wolf but he never stopped, just kept walking!! i think it was somewhere over by the haunted mansion and Splash mountain.

ChipmunkStar
09-15-2004, 04:01 PM
The Pigs have not been meet and greeting for quite a while now, but as previously mentioned, look for Big Bad Wolf around the month October. I'm not too sure if we'll have our Villains location this year (due to Princess relocation), or if they'll even be out, but here's hoping...

disneyperson
09-15-2004, 04:54 PM
I know the little pig costumes were difficult to manage because the arms just hung loose .It was hard to stay balanced and if they fell they couldn't get up by themselves. A friend of mine who used to play some of the taller characters such as Goofy and Tigger told me there had been instances of "pig tipping" by some guests. Perhaps that is part of the reason we don't see them as often in the park.

Leli
09-15-2004, 05:38 PM
I go to Disneyland pretty often, and a lot of the times I've seen the big bad wolf. I'm not quite sure where though. Usually I see him walking around, not really greeting people.

ChipmunkStar
09-15-2004, 05:44 PM
Um, perhaps you're thinking of J. Worthington Foulfellow (aka Honest John, or Foulfellow Fox) from Pinnocchio. The ONLY time Big Bad appears at the Disneyland Resort is either around Halloween or for a (rare) Special Event.

Leli
09-15-2004, 05:54 PM
I'm pretty sure it was the big bad wolf and not Foulfellow Fox. I'm going again this weekend so I'll see if I can spot him.

SpacedOutCM
09-15-2004, 06:14 PM
Aren't they in the Parade of the Stars?

ChipmunkStar
09-15-2004, 06:28 PM
No the Pigs are not in the Parade of the Stars. They are, however, in Florida's Spectromagic, along with Big Bad.

Leli, if he's wearing a top hat, a green cape, carries a cane, has a maroon ascot, and is with any other character form Pinnocchio (Gepetto, Pinnocchio, Gideon), then it's Foulfellow. Trust me. In fact...

Here's a picture of Foulfellow:
http://www.toonfinder.com/wdwresort/epcot/epcot-foulfellow.jpg

Here's a picture of Big Bad Wolf:
http://www.toonfinder.com/dlresort/mainstreet/ms-bigbadwolf01.jpg

And to settle future confusion, here's Brer Fox (who does not visit at all in Disneyland):
http://www.toonfinder.com/wdwresort/mk/mk-brerfox01.jpg

Leli
09-15-2004, 06:58 PM
Well, the canine I've seen doesn't wear any of that, just red overalls. He's big, black, and bushy as opposed to Foulfellow, who's orangish brown.

ChipmunkStar
09-15-2004, 07:34 PM
Where do you normally see him? I could probably help you out if I knew that much :)

Leli
09-15-2004, 09:11 PM
I wish I could remember :p

rentayenta
09-15-2004, 09:14 PM
We were at DL this past March and the pigs were in whatever parade was parading at the time. I don't remember the name of the parade but I know the pigs were in it.

Leli
09-15-2004, 09:16 PM
That reminds me, we're the pigs in Light Magic? I think they were, but I might be mistaken.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
09-15-2004, 09:33 PM
[\QUOTE]And to settle future confusion, here's Brer Fox (who does not visit at all in Disneyland):
http://www.toonfinder.com/wdwresort/mk/mk-brerfox01.jpg[/QUOTE]

Are you sure? I would almost bet on it that I have seen Brer Fox at DL.

I saw the 3 little pigs, puttin on their heads, as a matter of fact. When I was 12 or 13, my dance troupe performed at DL, Carnation stage, and we were in an area where they were getting ready to make an appearance.

ChipmunkStar
09-15-2004, 09:51 PM
Brer Fox hasn't been visiting for a few years at DL... not since I hired in 3 years ago.... so he couldn't have been seen in the park recently...

Leli, the only "canine" I can think of that wears red would be Goofy's son Max. Perhaps one of the Country Bears (They're out very rarely, though)? I don't know... I might be able to pinpoint them if you could give a land or general area where you usually see or have seen this character. Other than that....

I'm about 100% sure the 3 Little Pigs don't do the Parade of the Stars on a daily basis. Perhaps it was a random day when they were filling in for someone else... they don't usually do either parade, though.

CoasterChickie
09-16-2004, 10:58 AM
I just gotta say I think this thread is hilarious. "Pig tipping?!" Oh my gosh! Then I looked at the photos that ChipmunkStar posted. If someone can't tell the difference between the Big Bad Wolf and Brer Fox here's a hint...wolves are usually black or brown, foxes are usually red. Bad wolves snarl, good foxes smile. Great photos BTW!! :)

P.S. I still remember the first time Javanod saw sheep...he was freaking out because they were so small...he thought they would be as big as cows. (He also thought that "free direction" on a toll bridge meant you could stop and ask for a map!!)

LLevy
09-16-2004, 11:55 AM
It seems to me that I've seen the pigs on the deck of the Mark Twain paddlewheeler at the end of Fantasmic? Am I confused?

L

disneyperson
09-16-2004, 12:03 PM
I just gotta say I think this thread is hilarious. "Pig tipping?!" Oh my gosh! Then I looked at the photos that ChipmunkStar posted. If someone can't tell the difference between the Big Bad Wolf and Brer Fox here's a hint...wolves are usually black or brown, foxes are usually red. Bad wolves snarl, good foxes smile. Great photos BTW!! :)

P.S. I still remember the first time Javanod saw sheep...he was freaking out because they were so small...he thought they would be as big as cows. (He also thought that "free direction" on a toll bridge meant you could stop and ask for a map!!)
Maybe you think the image of a poor little pig helpless on his back ,rolling around with his tiny useless arms flapping about is funny, but....oh wait it is.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
09-16-2004, 01:33 PM
Brer Fox hasn't been visiting for a few years at DL... not since I hired in 3 years ago.... so he couldn't have been seen in the park recently...

Leli, the only "canine" I can think of that wears red would be Goofy's son Max. Perhaps one of the Country Bears (They're out very rarely, though)? I don't know... I might be able to pinpoint them if you could give a land or general area where you usually see or have seen this character. Other than that....

I'm about 100% sure the 3 Little Pigs don't do the Parade of the Stars on a daily basis. Perhaps it was a random day when they were filling in for someone else... they don't usually do either parade, though.

It has to have been before 2002, so it very well could have been before you were hired, but I KNOW I have seen him. It might have been clear back to when Splash opened.

I have to agree with LLevy, I think they are on the ship at the end of Fantasmic! I will watch the video and find out.

Dr. G
09-16-2004, 01:46 PM
I don't know anything about the Three Little Pigs. I do know for a fact that Brer Fox and Brer Bear were out in September 2000, which made me very happy! Song of the South is one of my favorite movies. I wish they had Brer Rabbit out--I'd like to see him most of all.

I think it would be awesome to have the 3 Pigs out--almost every child knows that story. If they're concerned about "pig tipping" they could just make sure to keep a Character Greeter Host (is that what they're called) right there.