PDA

View Full Version : AP Passport Hotline

AIRLINE
11-20-2001, 12:07 PM
For those of you who have questions regarding changes to the Annual Passport program and you're questions cannot be answered by Guest Relations or from the Q & A site within
www.disneyland.com, call (714) 781-4546.

At the end of the message, you will have the option to leave a message for a cast member to call you back.

You're asked to leave the following information:

1) Name

2) Area Code and Telephone Number

3) Date of Birth (why D/L requests this, I'm not sure)

4) The barcode number from the back of your card (located on the bottom left-hand side)

Keep ijn mind that the voice mailbox may be full, as I'm sure the cast members are overwhelmed with call backs...and probably will be the next few weeks.

Nigel2
11-20-2001, 01:12 PM
You need to be at least 18 or have a parent's permission to call them, I think it has to do with the fact that you are agreeing to a contract that lets them monitor your calls.

Napsto
11-20-2001, 01:19 PM
thanks!

TimBuk2
11-20-2001, 04:29 PM
IT FINALLY MADE THE NEWS TODAY !!
I just saw on Channel 2 News (L.A.) Disney has released information regarding the Annual Passport price changes. They didnt' have much detail, but they made it sound like you are getting into both parks for the price of 1.

Basically what we've been reading on MP. But now I feel better when I get over there to get my refund (or 4 extra months). It's not very often Disney "gives" us something extra.
:sleep:

AIRLINE
11-23-2001, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Nigel2
You need to be at least 18 or have a parent's permission to call them, I think it has to do with the fact that you are agreeing to a contract that lets them monitor your calls.

A few years ago, Disney had a public realtions problem on it's hands when a few media outlets did a story on parents who received long-distance bills when their kids so Disney.

Their kids would see Disney commercials for Disney World and Disneyland. At the end of the commercials, a number would appear to make reservations or to inquire for more information.

Unlike other companies who operate hotels, virtually all of them have toll-free numbers to call. Disney requires it's potential guests to make a toll-call to either of the resorts for information or reservations.

The press pointed out that Disney did not include a "disclaimer" warning viewers that they should obtain their parents permission before calling and kids being kids...will watch something on tv and respond by calling a number, many having no idea if the number is toll-free or not.

You don't need to be 18 to call, rather, Disney is protecting tiself from bad publicity by adding the "must be 18 to call or have permission" tagline to avoid bad publicity.

Now, if Disney would just stop this non-sense of not providing toll-free numbers when calling to make a reservation...all this silliness would stop.

A few years ago, travel agents threatened to stop booking Disney hotels if they did not have a toll-free number to call into. Disney realized how much revenue travel agents bring in and they implemented toll-free numbers for travel agents.

Now, regarding the request for your birth date on the AP message line, a cast member from the AP department said they ask for the birth date as one step in their process to authenticate that the person who called and left the message is the actual holder of the AP.

Nigel2
11-23-2001, 09:59 PM
Hmmm interesting, I think one of the reasons that they don't have an 800 number is that it could cost them a whole lot of money (not in the sense that it takes away much, just in comparison to other companies) since they have to pay for each call (or has the policy changed about 800 numbers?) and that can get costly if they get a ton of calls daily.