PDA

View Full Version : Why are DLH and PPH sold out on Oct. 8 & 9?

CoasterChickie
09-14-2004, 10:23 PM
There aren't that many people going to Mouse Adventure are there?
Also, why are the rates so high when it's "low season?"
Does anyone know what the AP rates are at the various DLR hotels that weekend?

MammaSilva
09-14-2004, 10:32 PM
coaster chickie, that is the Columbus day weekend, that's why it's not low season....it's a 3 day holiday weekend so it's high season prices.

CoasterChickie
09-14-2004, 11:14 PM
Ah ha! I didn't even think of that as a holiday weekend since we don't get that Monday off from work or school. Do most people get that day off?

lisap
09-15-2004, 06:22 AM
Do most people get that day off?

Our school does. Yeah, baby!! :~D

stan4d_steph
09-15-2004, 06:57 AM
Do most people get that day off? No. I don't have a work holiday that day, and I think most non-government jobs don't have it off either.

Missing Marbles
09-15-2004, 07:32 AM
Columbus Day seems to be more of an East Coast holiday though some companies celebrate it here in the West. Gov institutions celebrate everything!

Susan L
09-15-2004, 08:33 AM
Do most people get that day off?

When I was little growing up in LA, we never got that day off. It was always the day we learned about Columbus. I work for our local school district, in No. CA we still don't get the day off.

Brian Noble
09-15-2004, 08:55 AM
For what it's worth, it's a "normal" weekend for the various blockout calendars, so the bump in crowds isn't considered significant by the Powers That Be. (I happened to have checked this only because, thanks to fortunate business travel circumstances, I get to be in Anaheim that weekend, after being in the Mouse House just last weekend. Yay me!)

minniemom
09-15-2004, 11:17 AM
Have you tried an outside travel co, like getawaytoday.com. They might still have some open rooms. Just a thought. They usually sell packages, but will cut the price if you have a AP.

Darkbeer
09-15-2004, 11:32 AM
I just used Travelaxe to do a hotel search on those nights, there are plenty of rooms available (Non-Disney owned), and at some very good prices in the area.

MrJims
09-15-2004, 12:35 PM
It's also Canadian Thanksgiving...we have the Monday off too. I used to go down there (in 2000 and 2001) on that weekend.

CoasterChickie
09-15-2004, 02:44 PM
I just used Travelaxe to do a hotel search on those nights, there are plenty of rooms available (Non-Disney owned), and at some very good prices in the area.

Oh, I think there are lots of rooms available at the non-DLR hotels. I was just wondering about the DLH and PPH because when I looked on Expedia, there were no rooms available on Friday and Saturday nights and the rates on Sunday night were ridiculous. I just wondered if the AP rates were any better.

SCUBAbe
09-15-2004, 05:02 PM
Oh, I think there are lots of rooms available at the non-DLR hotels. I was just wondering about the DLH and PPH because when I looked on Expedia, there were no rooms available on Friday and Saturday nights and the rates on Sunday night were ridiculous. I just wondered if the AP rates were any better.
when I called to make reservation the DL employee told me they have alot of conventions in town. Large companies usually wait until the off season to book the conventions at least thats what he said. That sort of makes sense. When my last job had their convention there it was during the first couple weeks of nov. :)