PDA

View Full Version : HELP! What Happened To *Chance To Shine?*

Pages : [1] 2

GoldenEars
11-20-2001, 10:21 AM
My girls from *Chance To Shine* are not performing anymore, and I want to know why!! I went to DCA last night and spoke to one of the guest relations host, and he seemed just as surprised about *the girls* not being in this weeks show schedule. I even checked on the website and put in dates closer to Christmas, and they still aren't performing then either.

Does anyone out there know why they would take away such an awesome show like, *Chance To Shine?* It's one of the very few entertainment elements at DCA that was worth seeing!

AIRLINE
11-20-2001, 11:55 AM
Could it be that these "girls" (I believe there are several perfromers that rotate in and out), need a break?

They have several performances scheduled each and every day.....seven days a week.

Maybe, Anne Hamuburger (the individual in charge of entertainment) thought they needed a "break".

Who knows...they have been such a "hit", it very well could be that they will get a stage to perfrom from and a revamped show.

Stay tuned....

zapppop
11-20-2001, 01:10 PM
Too bad they don't put them in the Hyperion Theater. At least that way the theater would get some use.

Nigel2
11-20-2001, 01:15 PM
Don't let ralph hear you say that, he loves BLAST, and it is (possibly right now) playing in the Hyperion. They might be using them as preshow entertainment for the Hyperion since it is now starting to get closer to the rainy season, but whatever.

Julie
11-20-2001, 09:32 PM
Even though I'm at DCA nearly every week, I'm not totally sure what 'Chance to Shine' is. Is it the 3 ladies who are acting like leading ladies in a movie, that perform in front of the Disney Animation building? If so, they were there today. Strange why those things (like the Road Trip bands) aren't put on the schedule.

bluepearl
11-20-2001, 09:46 PM
Yeah, Julie. that's what Chance to Shine is.

And I'm still miffed about them taking out the Road Trip listings when DEP came to DCA. Gah...why can't they just list all of their shows instead of making people like me run around trying to talk to Guide CMs that don't seem to be very nice lately?

oohykitten
11-21-2001, 12:37 PM
Okay when I went to DCA on Monday, it wasn't called "chance to shine" however they still were there.

GoldenEars
11-21-2001, 03:01 PM
What were they now called???

Julie
11-21-2001, 05:33 PM
Think it's called 'Right off the Screen' now.

Not Afraid
11-21-2001, 08:21 PM
They were there today. We caught the last of the performance so I'm not sure what they were called. The piece was the same with the "Chasnce to Shine" song at the end.

zapppop
11-21-2001, 08:28 PM
So why the name change ?

Chance To Shine was just fine with me.

KarenW2
11-21-2001, 10:50 PM
So if they changed the name of "Chance to Shine" to "Right Off the Screen" or whatever, does that mean they'll have to change the lyrics to the big song the girls sing, since it says they're just waiting for their "chance to shine"???

Inquiring minds want to know...

Not Afraid
11-21-2001, 11:42 PM
They were singing "Chance to Shine" today. The last half of the performance (the part I saw) looked the same as before.

GoldenEars
11-22-2001, 12:52 AM
Well, I'm not too concern what they call the show. Just as long as the show is the same...cuz it was perfect the way it was! But why don't they mention the show in the DCA schedule like they used to...that I don't understand.

Crazytigger
11-22-2001, 01:01 AM
Not to get off the subject but I have noticed that Billy Hill and the Hillbillies are not listed on the Schedule for the month of December. I checked on the web site and they were not there? I wonder if Disney is cutting back on some shows for some reason????

Nigel2
11-22-2001, 01:36 AM
Mabey they are going to make a differenet show with them, how old is that show again?

GoldenEars
11-22-2001, 01:42 AM
The show is not old at all, it only began during the summer.

Crazytigger
11-22-2001, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by Nigel2
Mabey they are going to make a differenet show with them, how old is that show again?

How long have they played Disneyland?
They opened the Splash Mountain ride in, 1989, playing for the guests in the four-hour line. Then they were an atmosphere band playing around the park. They left for awhile, then Disneyland asked them to come back and offerred them the Golden Horseshoe stage two days a week in 1992. They soon started playing 5 days a week, and played the Golden Horseshoe until November, 1999, when a new stage was built for them at their current location, Big Thunder Barbeque.

Billy Hill Rules!!!

Nigel2
11-22-2001, 01:45 AM
sorry I was talking about billy hill and the hillbillies.

Crazytigger
11-22-2001, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by Crazytigger
They soon started playing 5 days a week, and played the Golden Horseshoe until November, 1999, when a new stage was built for them at their current location, Big Thunder Barbeque.
Billy Hill Rules!!!

They are now back at the Golden Horseshoe by the way!

GoldenEars
11-22-2001, 01:56 AM
Um, this thread is about *the girls* from Chance To Shine. Let's keep it on that, OK? Perhaps you can make another thread about Billy Hill and the Hillbilies!

Thanks...

Nigel2
11-22-2001, 02:05 AM
Nah, lots of threads get hijacked (go off topic for people who don't like that word), so its not really worth geting too concered over.

Crazytigger
11-22-2001, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by DsneNut
Um, this thread is about *the girls* from Chance To Shine. Let's keep it on that, OK? Perhaps you can make another thread about Billy Hill and the Hillbilies!

Thanks...

Sorry didn't know it meant that much to you.

Crazytigger
11-22-2001, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by Nigel2
Nah, lots of threads get hijacked (go off topic for people who don't like that word), so its not really worth geting too concered over.

Thanks for seeing it how it is. I was just showing a similarity that they might be cancelling certain shows for one reason or another. No big deal I thought.!!

Nigel2
11-22-2001, 09:41 PM
Exactly, it was just a show which was basically a diversion for a short duration, yes they are talented but its nothing to get hung up on if they don't do that show anymore.