PDA

View Full Version : Rooms at the DLH

Pages : [1] 2

rentayenta
09-13-2004, 11:32 AM
I have been on the phone with my getawaytoday travel person and she asked me if I had any special room requests. If anyone has any specific details for great rooms (room numbers/tower too if possible) it would be much appreciated.

dlandnut
09-13-2004, 11:34 AM
Only suggestion I have to try to get the Sierra Tower. I have been on both sides, i.e., facing Downtown Disney and also facing the pool area, etc. Either are fine. Suggest getting a little higher than approximately 6 floors, as you get a better panoramic view. :)

rentayenta
09-13-2004, 11:38 AM
What does the Sierra Tower face?

Disneygirl65
09-13-2004, 11:41 AM
What does the Sierra Tower face?

One side....Downtown Disney, and if you are high enough you can see the fireworks.... the other side the hotels pool.... best tower is Sierra, closest to Disneyland.

Susan L
09-13-2004, 01:27 PM
One side....Downtown Disney, and if you are high enough you can see the fireworks.... the other side the hotels pool.... best tower is Sierra, closest to Disneyland.

Disneygirl65 is right on. Sierra Tower has got the view of Downtown Disney and you should be able to see the fireworks from your room if you get above the 6th floor. But, if you want a pool view it great too. We will be there in Oct and I will give everyone an update on the DLH.

CoasterChickie
09-13-2004, 01:32 PM
Also, ask if they have a room in the Sierra Tower closer to the elevator. That will put you closer to the middle of the hotel rather than on the ends. We were just to the left and just to the right on our last two visits so we looked directly down the middle of both parks.

rentayenta
09-13-2004, 03:32 PM
Sierra Tower sounds great. Which tower has the lobby?

Please post your review when you return Susan.

Osky
09-13-2004, 04:11 PM
Marina Tower

Susan L
09-13-2004, 06:25 PM

Please post your review when you return Susan.

Looking forward to it.

thinktink
09-13-2004, 06:44 PM
When are you going? We will be there this Dec, I would like to hear what tower you ended up in.

sleepyjeff
09-13-2004, 06:48 PM
Forget the Sierra Tower; go for size. Many rooms(mostly located in the Bonita Tower, although some are in the Sierra and Marina) are Larger then the standard rooms. I think the standard rooms are about 364 square feet, whereas the larger rooms[ask for a room with a sofa bed] are 415 square feet. For a look at floorplans. Click Here (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlm/content?id=StandardRoomDLHGuestRoomsAndSuitesHMFPa ge)

Have a great time :)

rentayenta
09-13-2004, 07:28 PM
When are you going? We will be there this Dec, I would like to hear what tower you ended up in.

We will be there from Dec. 21-27. Where are you staying?

Thanks for the link sleepyjeff.

dsny1mom
09-14-2004, 05:25 AM
Rentayenta:

Here are a couple of things you might be interested in knowing:

1) All three towers have the 2 queen and day bed configeration rooms.

2) Those rooms are needed for guests with 5 in their party.

3) Upper level DTD view rooms usually are only guarenteed for conciegre level guests. Of course you can ask at check in and if there are any available I'm pretty sure you'll get one.

4) In the Sierra tower all odd numbered rooms face DTD and the even numbered rooms face the pool.

5) The first two numbers of the room number added together give you your floor; IOW 2949 is on the 11th floor, 2045 is on the 2nd floor, etc.

6) The rooms in the upper 40's and lower 50's ( like 2949, 2045. etc) are smack dab in the center of the Sierra Tower, giving you the best view and are only steps from the elevator.

7) With younger children Sierra is the best Tower (and for me it is the*only* tower :) ) because at the end of the day those extra steps to Marina or Bonita carrying a little one or encouraging a little one to walk can end a very magical day on a sour note.

Hope this helps

dsny1mom

rentayenta
09-14-2004, 07:33 AM
Thank you disny1mom, you always have such great information.

I am going to call in a half hour and request a room close to the elevator in the Sierra Tower.

DH would not go for concierge service so the rooms with a great view are out.

What's the highest floor you can go without concierge?

rentayenta
09-14-2004, 10:45 AM
We got a room in the Sierra Tower with the 2 queen and daybed layout. I requested an odd number room in the high 40's.

The getawaytoday girl thinks I am nuts. Does anyone know what floor you can go up to with a standard room? It's $195 total to upgrade to a better view.

tlovesdis
09-14-2004, 10:58 AM
Getawaytoday will guarantee you a room? I was told that there are no guarantees. It all depends on what is available at the time of check in. Interesting!!!!

rentayenta
09-14-2004, 12:45 PM
Getawaytoday will guarantee you a room? I was told that there are no guarantees. It all depends on what is available at the time of check in. Interesting!!!!

Getawaytoday returned my call after talking with the hotel. She said it was all taken care of (room, Tower, etc.) and to let her know if I need anything else.
Maybe it's because I am extra sweet to customer service people ;)

I really don't know why she guaranteed it if it can't be guaranteed :confused:

tlovesdis
09-14-2004, 12:48 PM
It just seems weird to me that the Disneyland Hotel won't guarantee a room for me, but getaway can? I am going to call again and talk to someone!!!

Thanks for posting this info!

rentayenta
09-14-2004, 12:52 PM
Just don't tell 'em rentayenta sent you :fez: I don't wanna lose my hook up.

Susan L
09-14-2004, 01:36 PM
We got a room in the Sierra Tower with the 2 queen and daybed layout. I requested an odd number room in the high 40's.

The getawaytoday girl thinks I am nuts. Does anyone know what floor you can go up to with a standard room? It's $195 total to upgrade to a better view.

I booked our trip through AAA. At the time of our booking we were thinking about conciegre level. On the speaker phone with DLH reservation, he told me and my agent that the 9th floor and up are conciegre. We ended up not going with conciegre but, reserved a room with a upper level Downtown Disney room. We shall see, I have the paperwork stating this. My plan is when our formal paperwork for our package arrives is to get on the phone again with my agent and find out exactly where and what room # we shall have. I need this info because we want to plan to have a birthday cake in our room on our arrival for our daughter. I shall let everyone know how it all turns out. We have yet to have a problem getting our room request through AAA.

CoasterChickie
09-14-2004, 01:41 PM
We paid upper resort view prices and stayed in room #2649. It was on the 8th floor just to the right when we got off the elevator. If you want to see what our view was like you can look at our photos that I posted in the lounge (page 2, Just got back from DL). Just don't request that room when I'm planning to go there!! :p

P.S. If you call the night before you go, they can tell you what room you're in and if you don't like their selection you can probably get them to change it then.

tlovesdis
09-14-2004, 01:42 PM
Don't worry, Rentayenta! I won't tell them about you!!!!

I booked through Disney Travel and my reservation is for a lower level resort/pool view. There was no option for just resort view. The same with the upper, it said upper level resort/pool view. The reservation agent said that they could not guarantee me the resort view, but when I checked in, I could of course ask for it. She said if there was a resort view room available when I was checking in, I could get it!

rentayenta
09-14-2004, 05:57 PM
Cool. I hope you all have a great trip and I can't wait to read the details.

dsny1mom
09-15-2004, 05:49 AM
Rentayenta:

Susan is correct, concierge level is floors 9-11.

If I'm not mistaken all the rooms that end in 49 in the Sierra Tower are 2 queens and a day bed, and naturally have a perfectly centered view of DTD. Perhaps Coaster Chickie can conform that 2649 is infact a 2 queen/day bed room?

dsny1mom

CoasterChickie
09-15-2004, 06:37 AM
If I'm not mistaken all the rooms that end in 49 in the Sierra Tower are 2 queens and a day bed, and naturally have a perfectly centered view of DTD. Perhaps Coaster Chickie can confirm that 2649 is infact a 2 queen/day bed room?

dsny1mom

I don't know about all the rooms that end in 49, but 2649 had 2 queens and a day bed. To be really precise, the headboards were on the Disneyland side of the room and the daybed was on the DCA side of the room. The wallpaper didn't glow very well even though we "charged it during the day. Also, to get to the room you went through a main door and then 2649 was to the left and 2651 was to the right so this location is ideal if you need two rooms for a larger party. Also each room had doors inside to the adjoining rooms (2647 and 2653) so if you need four rooms for an even larger party it's great!!