PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion Holiday storyline...

DisneyDustin22
09-13-2004, 01:15 AM
Does anyone know if a anything new will be in place at the NBC overlay this year? For example they had the find the oogey boogeys last year. Will they keep that same or does anyone know of something different they will throw in this year?

CoasterChickie
09-13-2004, 07:18 AM
Different? New spectators! :D (heh heh...never mind...)

SCUBAbe
09-13-2004, 08:46 AM
I thought they were going to do something with the bone deer, but I scan alot so that could be way off...LOL

Niwel
09-13-2004, 09:16 AM
RUMOR: I read somewhere that the attic will be turned into the Dr.'s lab. (Wish I could remember where I saw that, though).

olegc
09-13-2004, 10:42 AM
Well, if the merchandise at the Event is any indication, yes, Dr. Finkelstein is the "featured" additional character this year.. and the attic is usually the one place where they make a major showing of the featured character..

Slightly off topic - did anyone ever have a chance to hear an audio version of the HM storyline? From a very old record , then on to tape, Ron Howard (a yound ron howard) and some young girl go into the house and explore. Paul Frees is not the ghost host - but their adventure has them going through each room like on the ride. Sort of like old-time radio. Fun stuff...

Niwel
09-13-2004, 10:49 AM
Slightly off topic - did anyone ever have a chance to hear an audio version of the HM storyline? From a very old record , then on to tape, Ron Howard (a yound ron howard) and some young girl go into the house and explore. Paul Frees is not the ghost host - but their adventure has them going through each room like on the ride. Sort of like old-time radio. Fun stuff...

Yup :) They sold it at the Disney Store I worked at and I made sure to buy a copy. It is in my car right now -- it always makes me smile. It gives you a hint at what the walkthrough version would have been like - but the current HM isn't that far off.

jrsharp21
09-13-2004, 02:36 PM
What is the name of this cd and is it available anywhere?

Niwel
09-13-2004, 02:53 PM
I think it is just called Haunted Mansion. My version is a cassette tape. I found this one at ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=307&item=4037266613&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW). I don't think it is currently available in stores -- although it might show up around Halloween at the park.

Back to topic: I hope they keep something of Oogie Boogie -- and I wonder if there will be a gimmick this time (like with the clues/map last year).

Disney Vault
09-13-2004, 03:02 PM
If they change the attick to a lab what will be getting cut out from the past years? I have never been on it but was wondering.

Niwel
09-13-2004, 03:10 PM
If they change the attick to a lab what will be getting cut out from the past years? I have never been on it but was wondering.

Right now, the attic is where you can find Jack's "naughty and nice list" being devoured by a snake and some scary pop-up "jack-in-the box" creatures

They will probably find a way to keep some of it....

SallySkellington
09-13-2004, 05:59 PM
RUMOR: I read somewhere that the attic will be turned into the Dr.'s lab. (Wish I could remember where I saw that, though).

I read the same thing (I believe it was in a miceage article). How cool would it be to have a Dr. Finklestein AA?!

BTW, am I the only one who thinks Sally is highly underrepresented in this ride?

Disney Vault
09-13-2004, 07:09 PM
BTW, am I the only one who thinks Sally is highly underrepresented in this ride?
LMAO!!! This made me just crack up because of your name and i have a funny mental picture in my head.

SallySkellington
09-13-2004, 07:38 PM
LMAO!!! This made me just crack up because of your name and i have a funny mental picture in my head.

What mental picture would this be?

Disney Vault
09-14-2004, 01:51 PM
What mental picture would this be?
This sounds like something a girl at my school would say. And she sometimes talks in the first person (very weird).

SallySkellington
09-14-2004, 05:23 PM
And she sometimes talks in the first person (very weird).

Now it's my turn to get an interesting mental picture. You don't like people talking in the first person? ;)

Just kidding, I know you meant third person.... didn't you? :|

Disney Vault
09-14-2004, 05:35 PM
Ya my mistake. It would be like me says DBF instead of I.

SallySkellington
09-14-2004, 05:40 PM
Ya my mistake. It would be like me says DBF instead of I.

SallySkellington understands. ;)

Disney Vault
09-14-2004, 06:01 PM
Disneys Biggest Fan is just having one of those days. I could get use to this.