PDA

View Full Version : When will the NBC/Haunted Mansion be ready?

CoasterChickie
09-12-2004, 05:20 PM
I'm just wondering what the opening date is? Also, does anyone know when the Matterhorn refurb will be done?

HorizonsA
09-12-2004, 05:25 PM
I'm just wondering what the opening date is? Also, does anyone know when the Matterhorn refurb will be done?

October 1st for Haunted Mansion Holiday

November 24 for Matterhorn.

Darkbeer
09-12-2004, 08:02 PM
There is a possibility that the Matterhorn return will be delayed........

CarlieB
09-12-2004, 08:06 PM
There is a possibility that the Matterhorn return will be delayed........
Just by a week or two, or maybe longer?

Darkbeer
09-12-2004, 09:23 PM
Remeber, the last major refurb of the Matterhorn went three months past its original return date... there is a lot of work that needs to be done, and many things that COULD delay the project, who knows if they will find any, or if the problem(s) they find are major or minor, more should be known as they continue the project.... All I am saying, don't schedule a trip to the DLR over Thanksgiving JUST to ride the Matterhorn....

CoasterChickie
09-12-2004, 09:33 PM
Darkbeer...You are always making us all cry! Were you a big bully in grade school or something? ;)

That's all right...I've already ridden the Matterhorn this year. But I have yet to see the NBC mansion.....

Disney Vault
09-13-2004, 02:33 PM
It will be my first time to see NBC. I am so excited and have looked at so many pictures of it on websites.

SallySkellington
09-13-2004, 05:46 PM
But I have yet to see the NBC mansion.....

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Can't... speak... too... much... shock...
You're... kidding... right?

YOU MUST SEE HAUNTED MANSION HOLIDAY!!!!!

CoasterChickie
09-13-2004, 05:52 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Can't... speak... too... much... shock...
You're... kidding... right?

YOU MUST SEE HAUNTED MANSION HOLIDAY!!!!!

That's the main reason why I'm planning to go in October....either the second weekend or the fourth weekend.

SoCalDude
09-14-2004, 12:06 AM
I must be out of the loop - what is the NBC?

It would be nice if the Matterhorn came back on Nov 24th - thats my b-day and it would be a very nice present :D

cstephens
09-14-2004, 10:06 AM
I must be out of the loop - what is the NBC?

Nightmare Before Christmas, when Haunted Mansion becomes Haunted Mansion Holiday.

rentayenta
09-14-2004, 10:57 AM
I hope the Matterhorn refurb doesn't run into late Dec. I am dying to take my 8 y/o daughter on when it's dark. She didn't want to go last year so I rode alone but she has since matured in her riding tastes and I think she'll dig it!

I can't wait to see the NBC mansion decor! I haven't been during Halloween since 2001 and haven't been in Dec. since 1999.

SoCalDude
09-14-2004, 12:51 PM
Nightmare Before Christmas, when Haunted Mansion becomes Haunted Mansion Holiday.

ahhh - ok. For some reason I was thinking NBC as in the television station, lol. We saw it last year, so its the same thing with maybe a few different things tossed in? My kids loooved it last year.

jswtsang
09-21-2004, 08:14 AM
I've never been to see the NBC haunted mansion, when do you recommend would be the best time to go? I don't have a pass so I'd either have to buy tickets via work or costco or use the socal two for one deal (if they have it)
jt

CarlieB
09-21-2004, 01:58 PM
Remeber, the last major refurb of the Matterhorn went three months past its original return date... there is a lot of work that needs to be done, and many things that COULD delay the project, who knows if they will find any, or if the problem(s) they find are major or minor, more should be known as they continue the project.... All I am saying, don't schedule a trip to the DLR over Thanksgiving JUST to ride the Matterhorn....
Hmmmm...I had no idea the last refurb took that long. Wow. Well, I really hope it's back up by December - fingers crossed! I'll be watching the refurb updates with interest.

SallySkellington
09-21-2004, 02:34 PM
I've never been to see the NBC haunted mansion, when do you recommend would be the best time to go?

I would recommend October. I went the day before Halloween two years ago, and the stand-by wait was 5 or 10 minutes. DO NOT go to see it the week before Christmas. I have personally seen the mile long line (no, that is not an exaggeration) and the Fastpasses usually ran out by the middle of the day. Needless to say I didn't get to go on it a lot during late December ( :crying: ), but with crowds like that, they probably won't be getting rid of it anytime soon (runs out of room to knock on a wooden table). :D

jswtsang
09-22-2004, 08:07 AM
Thanks for the advice, I always think of the Haunted Mansion and the nightmare before christmas movie as being halloweeny vs christmasy so this fits into my plans quite well :)

jt