PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones 10th Anniversary Event - March 3, 2005

AVP
09-10-2004, 12:42 PM
No real details, but there will be a Indy Anniversary event next spring. Here's the link (http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/disneygallery/event_disneyland4352.html) to the Disney Gallery Web site information page.

AVP

Andrew
09-10-2004, 12:46 PM
Wonder if they'll have new Marabic decoder cards (http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Shores/1345/decoder.html) for the event.

cstephens
09-10-2004, 01:59 PM
What a nice birthday present! Now this, I'd go to.

Disneyfreak
09-10-2004, 02:31 PM
I would also like to go that day. Indy is my favorite attraction at the park.

Disney Vault
09-10-2004, 03:39 PM
Wonder if they'll have new Marabic decoder cards (http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Shores/1345/decoder.html) for the event.
They should. That would be fun and it is so simple.

olegc
09-10-2004, 08:53 PM
20 different pin designs and combinations. They could do SO much more with the merchandise, the theming, the food and music, interactions with characters... oh, wait, DLR has never had Indy appear live, that's been at WDW MGM. I bet they throw us Terk and Jane. Yikes!

Sorry - long day today so my vitriol is spilling out.. I do hope it's good. I have been waiting for an Indy or a Jungle Cruise event for some time...

sdfilmcritic
09-10-2004, 11:00 PM
(old man voice) I remember the day, oh about ten years ago, when the ride first opened with a three hour long wait just to get in...(/voice)

Micki0624
09-11-2004, 08:53 AM
I lived in CA and moved right when they started building Indiana. I can't believe it's been 10 yrs. That ride is definately in my top 5 attractions at DL. I wish they would have better merchandise like the Star Wars stuff.

Photographer
09-11-2004, 12:50 PM
Hey maybe if George Lucas attends he'll be inspired to replace the Star Tours film. Of course a certain somebody would have to fork over the cash. :rolleyes:

disneyperson
09-11-2004, 12:54 PM
(old man voice) I remember the day, oh about ten years ago, when the ride first opened with a three hour long wait just to get in...(/voice)
(older woman's voice)Only three hours? Why that's nothing young whippersnapper,When we were there when it first opened the line was four hours and streched all the way around to frontier land. We didn't ride it until the next visit, I just wasn't willing to wait in any line that was longer than watching a full performance of Hamlet. Of course I didn't know then just how amazing the ride would be.

cstephens
09-11-2004, 01:55 PM
oh, wait, DLR has never had Indy appear live, that's been at WDW MGM.

I'm glad we've never had Indy live. Did MGM really have Indy live? Was Harrison Ford there? Because if he wasn't, then it wasn't Indy. I don't want some day player pretending to be Indy.

Disney Vault
09-11-2004, 02:05 PM
Well they have indiana jones there because he does the stunt show. And what are you talking about you dont want a fake indy?! Im sorry to break it to you but that is not really cinderella you see. And that isnt the real Mickey in the parks either. Gasp :eek:

Andrew
09-11-2004, 02:53 PM
Indy appears in the "Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular (http://www.mouseplanet.com/dtp/wdwguide/6_Parks/Studios/attractions.htm)", a very good if slightly aging show at D/MGM. It's not Harrison Ford, of course, but no pretense is made of that as it's a show all about the stunts in the movies.

cstephens
09-11-2004, 02:55 PM
Indy appears in the "Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular (http://www.mouseplanet.com/dtp/wdwguide/6_Parks/Studios/attractions.htm)", a very good if slightly aging show at D/MGM. It's not Harrison Ford, of course, but no pretense is made of that as it's a show all about the stunts in the movies.

That's what I recall from the show, though I honestly remember very little from our WDW trip. It wasn't supposed to be "Indy". It was supposed to be someone pretending to be "Indy".

DisneyDustin22
09-11-2004, 04:34 PM
Well they have indiana jones there because he does the stunt show. And what are you talking about you dont want a fake indy?! Im sorry to break it to you but that is not really cinderella you see. And that isnt the real Mickey in the parks either. Gasp :eek:

I work in USH and the other day had a woman approach me with this line, i swear on everything this is what she said, "Is that really Dan Akroyd and John Belushi up there?" (referring to the Blues Brothers Show) To which I responded, "Yes, better get some pictures mam." 10 minutes later, she came back to me and yelled at me saying it was rude for me to do that to her. Well if you are anybody you know that John Belushi died many many years ago and Dan Akroyd is not a skinny little guy anymore. Some people are really stupid. PLease, dont be mad at me for your stupidity. :D

Disney Vault
09-11-2004, 04:54 PM
I work in USH and the other day had a woman approach me with this line, i swear on everything this is what she said, "Is that really Dan Akroyd and John Belushi up there?" (referring to the Blues Brothers Show) To which I responded, "Yes, better get some pictures mam." 10 minutes later, she came back to me and yelled at me saying it was rude for me to do that to her. Well if you are anybody you know that John Belushi died many many years ago and Dan Akroyd is not a skinny little guy anymore. Some people are really stupid. PLease, dont be mad at me for your stupidity. :D
OMG that is sooo funny!

Pirate Girl
09-12-2004, 01:07 PM

LOL, I was about to post the same thing. I remember the wait more than the first ride. I went on the first day of "official" opening. Man, that was In. Sane. 3+ hour wait. I went with my cousin and my grandma. We made friends with a Disney Store Employee (they were allowed into the park for free then, the same as DLR CM's) who ended up spending the day with us. I remember being in the collapsing room for like 15 minutes, and it terrified me. ;) Now I can't wait to wait 4 hours for New Space Mountain!