PDA

View Full Version : Which Tower is Which?

dlandnut
09-10-2004, 12:23 PM
When we stay at the DH next June, I forgot to mention in my reservations that I prefer to stay in the tower that is closest to Downtown Disney. My hubby has limited walking ability, and every saved step helps. So, my question is, what is the name of the tower that is closest to Downtown Disney, i.e., the one that is in between the other two which face each other? Or better still, can someone direct me to a website that would show me a map of the DH property? I've seen one before on the Internet, but now, when I need it, I can't find it! I'm aware that they can't "promise" any tower, but DL Travel does let you indicate which one is your preference. :)

rentayenta
09-10-2004, 12:39 PM
I don't know which is which but I was just thinking the same thing :)

Osky
09-10-2004, 12:44 PM
The Sierra tower is the closest to downtown Disney. The Marina tower has the main lobby, and the Bonita tower is the furthest away.

I suggest the Grand Californian as it is much closer... Unless of course you are set on the Disneyland Hotel.

Osky
09-10-2004, 12:46 PM
Almost forgot... Concierge lounge is in the Sierra tower as well....

dlandnut
09-10-2004, 12:55 PM
Thanks, Sierra Tower it is. Can't afford GC this time around, but have stayed there twice and it truly is beautiful. :)

Susan L
09-10-2004, 01:18 PM
The Sierra Tower, we will be there in October. Unlike your husband we don't have a problem with walking other then sore feet at the end of the day, which is the number one reason we chose the DLH and the ST for out next vacation. I have heard mostly good things about the ST and DLH. We are very excited about our up coming trip. I hope yours will also be pleasant, have fun planning.

CoasterChickie
09-10-2004, 03:25 PM
I always kind of wonder what people are talking about when I read about "How far" the DLH is from DTD. If you have some kind of physical disability or are traveling with young kids, I guess it would be a long walk. But if you're in the Sierra Tower, you go down the elevator, out the back door, around a bush, across a two lane road and you're right in DTD. If you walk another 100 feet, you're at the Monorail station. If you decide to walk to the Main Gate it takes about 5 minutes as long as you don't stop to look at anything. Plus there's music playing the whole way .

Also, I think the Grand Californian is almost a longer walk. I've not stayed there, but when I walked to the lobby from DTD there sure were a lot of twists and turns in the hallways before you get to the lobby.