PDA

View Full Version : Info on Disneyland in Miniature items

SoCalDude
09-10-2004, 11:10 AM
Just saw this pic on the updates page:
http://www.mpimages.net/dlr/compressed/Disneyland/Main_Street/SeptemberOlszewski-062604-AVP.jpg

Does anybody know how much the castle is? And if it is for sale and all the other fun details about it?

My wife would looooooooooooove that more than words could say. We plan to go to DL at the end of this month and would like to have some idea about it before we go.

thanks for the help!

AVP
09-10-2004, 11:35 AM
When the series was introduced, Olszewski said that no piece was going to be more expensive than the Castle.

The Castle was released at $195, but was supposed to go up to $225 at the time the 3rd piece was released.

Seems that the Powers That Are want to be able to raise the price on future releases, so they are going to raise the price of the Castle if necessary.

I'm not sure if the price increase has happened yet.

AVP

SoCalDude
09-10-2004, 11:46 AM
When the series was introduced, Olszewski said that no piece was going to be more expensive than the Castle.

heh - figures.

They are sold at the Disneyana shop on Main Street correct? We still have our 20% off one item coupon we got when we renewed our APs. I guess this is going to be the item we use it on.

Can anybody confirm that it is still for sale at the park?

cstephens
09-10-2004, 02:07 PM
heh - figures.

They are sold at the Disneyana shop on Main Street correct? We still have our 20% off one item coupon we got when we renewed our APs. I guess this is going to be the item we use it on.

Can anybody confirm that it is still for sale at the park?

It's also available at World of Disney in Downtown Disney.

Terrapin
09-10-2004, 06:46 PM
Fun details on the castle:

A removable roof on one of the turrets revealing the Prince and the "sleeping" Sleeping Beauty.

A removable tree hides two toggle switches which turn on the lights. One switch for the two street lights and one which shine blue and red lights onto the front of the castle. That effect is very cool.

Batteries were included.

Disney Vault
09-10-2004, 08:51 PM
Where can i find the prices of each one and a list of each ones special features? The castle sounds very cool and i only count on getting 1 or 2 so i am still deciding.