PDA

View Full Version : Halloween?

LilmissTinkerbell
09-09-2004, 09:46 PM
I know it's early, but I love Halloween. I know for the past few years Disneyland hasn't really done anything special and they stopped letting people come in costume that day. I was wondering, do you think with the sucess of the Haunted Mansion Holidy that they might start doing more? I heard about the Mysteries, myths and legends tour, which sounds cool, but do they have anything else planned?

Wendi
09-09-2004, 09:52 PM
I emailed them to find out if there were any plans for Halloween and I was told to check back about a month in advance because they haven't released any official news "yet"... I'm hoping that means something is in the works. I'd really love to bring my son to DLR on Halloween - hoping they will have a little trick-or-treat event for the kiddos!

Pammer
10-11-2004, 10:05 AM
Does anyone have an update to this regarding the trick or treating? My 5-year-old great niece is looking forward to wearing her Cinderella costume on Halloween while we're there, and hopefully trick-or-treat (in Downtown Disney?).

Wendi
10-11-2004, 05:22 PM
Darn... this is the response I got from DLR:

Dear Wendi,

Thank you for your e-mail to the Disneyland Resort.

Unfortunately, we do not have any specific plans for Halloween night.
We apologize for any
disappointment this may cause you and your family.

I was hoping they'd have trick-or-treating for the kiddos...

Disneyland2004
10-11-2004, 05:25 PM
just dress up still and walk around to the stores and say "trick or treat" im sure they will give the kiddos something... after it is the happiest place on earth!!

Darkbeer
10-11-2004, 06:07 PM
^ Knott's does a great kids event called Camp Spooky on Friday and Saturdays in October, during regular park hours. Kids admission to Knott's is just $14.95.

Disneyland2004
10-11-2004, 06:13 PM
dude, your kind of in a "Disneyland" forum/website... dont preach to us about knott's berry farm... that park sucks major... sorry i dont mean to be mean but its the truth. let this be a reminder to all other knott's farmers, dont post your <deleted>. in here thanks.

Sheila
10-11-2004, 07:36 PM
dude, your kind of in a "Disneyland" forum/website... dont preach to us about knott's berry farm... that park sucks major... sorry i dont mean to be mean but its the truth. let this be a reminder to all other knott's farmers, dont post your <deleted> in here thanks.

Darkbeer is a frequent contributor to MP, plus has graciously provided us many news articles regarding Disneyland.

If Disneyland refuses to have a Halloween-themed event for young children, it is totally fair game to steer those looking for a safe activity to Knotts' Halloween event.

My personal pet peeve is that WDW has this fabulous Halloween event (Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party) which is a huge success, and yet Disneyland refuses to offer a West Coast counterpart.

Sheila

Darkbeer
10-11-2004, 08:30 PM
Darkbeer is a frequent contributor to MP, plus has graciously provided us many news articles regarding Disneyland.

If Disneyland refuses to have a Halloween-themed event for young children, it is totally fair game to steer those looking for a safe activity to Knotts' Halloween event.

My personal pet peeve is that WDW has this fabulous Halloween event (Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party) which is a huge success, and yet Disneyland refuses to offer a West Coast counterpart.

Sheila
^Thanks for the kind words...

Let me just say, if it good enough for Tony Baxter, it's good enough for me....

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/248593/1/9710539/Large

Yes, that is Tony with Knott's Halloween Haunt Tickets in his hand, headed to the Pre-Scare Dinner from last Friday (October 8th).... Photo was taken in the California Marketplace at the Knott's Resort, south end.

:fez:

sediment
10-11-2004, 08:47 PM

Sheila
As soon as we have a noticeable offseason, we will get nice hard-ticket events.
But guests keep coming.
A hard-ticket event at a tweaked-up DCA might be interesting. Mazes in former Millionaire and Lame-o buildings. Animation building has a villains exhibit inside. Screamin' at night. Special Halloween show at Hyperion.

Pammer
10-20-2004, 01:10 PM
I was hoping they'd have trick-or-treating for the kiddos...

Thanks for checking, Wendi. Maybe we'll just have her trick-or-treat (to us only) at the motel! :)

slydini
10-20-2004, 01:36 PM
I Know Disneyland had a Halloween event at least one year. I remember they had people dressed like trees with long branch arms and they would swipe at you. Also I remeber going on the columbia. I think they also had trick or treating as well.

RStar
10-20-2004, 02:56 PM
Yes, they did have an event called "Mickey's Halloween Treat" for a couple years. They let people wear costumes (but nothing scary), I brought my kids dressed up, and they had about a dozen "Treat Spots" where you got candy or other gifts. It was a hard ticket event and ran about a week at the end of Oct. I think. It was great fun! My son dressed as a pirate, and we went on the Columbia which was done up as a ghost pirate ship so he fit right in! And they ran the fog machines on the ROA, so fog was everywhere. But no monsters lurking about.