PDA

View Full Version : Just Changed My Reservations

dlandnut
09-09-2004, 01:10 PM
I was originally scheduled to go to DL next summer on the "50 Year Package" however they wouldn't let you add to the package at all. In other words, you get a 3-night stay at a DL resort, a 4-day park hopper pass, and a few other amenities. I called and tried to add another night and couldn't do so, couldn't add concierge, couldn't really change it. So instead, I cancelled that package and was able to get what I wanted through regular reservations, i.e., suite options, concierge, extra nights, etc. And yes, I was able to book for next summer. When I tried to do this in July, WD Travel told me they weren't booking that far in advance. But now they are. :)

rentayenta
09-09-2004, 01:17 PM
Cool, I think? ( I wrote this before you had given any details ;) )

What hotel are you staying at?

dlandnut
09-09-2004, 01:19 PM
Yes, because it's more customized to my family's needs and we get to stay the extra night all in one place, rather than booking 3 nights at DL Hotel and then having to find someplace else to stay the extra night. I only want to pack and unpack once!!! :)

rentayenta
09-09-2004, 01:23 PM
I hate unpacking/packing too.

Have you stayed at the DLH before? I did once, as a child, so this will be my first time as an adult. I wish I could talk DH into concierge service :crying: He said he'll turn down the bed while I wait in the lobby :rolleyes:

Osky
09-09-2004, 01:25 PM
He said he'll turn down the bed while I wait in the lobby

They turn down everyone's beds, not just concierge... :)

dlandnut
09-09-2004, 01:38 PM
I hate unpacking/packing too.

Have you stayed at the DLH before? I did once, as a child, so this will be my first time as an adult. I wish I could talk DH into concierge service :crying: He said he'll turn down the bed while I wait in the lobby :rolleyes:

lol. I have stayed at the DH all but twice, and I stayed at the GC. The DH is my favorite, and the only reason I push for the concierge, is that 6 out of the 10 people who are going are teenagers, including 3 teenage boys. The concierge is so worth it if you have people with bottomless pits, like teenagers. It's worth it for the breakfasts, pop, water, afternoon snacks. But I love the turndown service that's being offered to you! lol :)

CoasterChickie
09-09-2004, 04:01 PM
Dlandnut...that's really weird that they wouldn't let you make any changes to your 50 year package. I'm glad you were able to cancel it an get what you really wanted.

Rentayenta...again you are making me laugh. I love your husband's offer to turn down your bed.

I'm curious as to the price difference between a suite for 10 versus two rooms for 5. It seemed like a lot when I called to check. I figured I was better off pricewise just taking my own breakfast and snacks. I spent $43.00 on orange juice, 2 dozen bagels and Cream Cheese, 2 cases of water, 2 cases of soda, 2 packs of beef jerky, a giant jar of Cashews, 4 cans of Jordan Almonds, 12 packs of Carefree bubblegum, 2 boxes of Captain Crunch, 2 boxes of Cookie Crisp, and a half gallon of milk. That "held" the teenagers pretty well!!

(Next time I may re-think the amount of sugar I give to 8th grade boys...they were wired after Consuming all those "C" foods not to mention the dessert and Cotton Candy at Ariel's Grotto !)

rentayenta
09-09-2004, 04:22 PM
$43 is great. You would have blown at least that much plus some for breakfast alone.

Isn't concierge service like an extra $100 per night?

dlandnut
09-10-2004, 06:29 AM
$43 is great. You would have blown at least that much plus some for breakfast alone.

Isn't concierge service like an extra $100 per night?

Yes, it's expensive. And my hubby and I talked about it last night and we're doing the same thing: one whole suitcase on the plane will be just for bottled water, pop, each person's choice of cereal, snacks, etc. etc. Cheaper by far. If money is never an object (ha ha), then do the Concierge, however. It spoils ya! :)

rentayenta
09-10-2004, 09:00 AM

Yes, it's expensive. And my hubby and I talked about it last night and we're doing the same thing: one whole suitcase on the plane will be just for bottled water, pop, each person's choice of cereal, snacks, etc. etc. Cheaper by far. If money is never an object (ha ha), then do the Concierge, however. It spoils ya! :)

Once you go concierge, you never go back.

We always drive and stop when we get there and stock up on cereal, fruit, milk, soda etc... I wish that my kids would eat more in the mornings but they get so excited that their hunger doesn't hit them until about 10:00. It is genetically impossible for me to say no in DL. When planning our trip this Dec. my DH asked me to give him a ballpark figure of how much this will cost him:

Me: about $2,500
Him: now much is it really going to cost me?
Me: $3,000
Him: you're getting warmer
Me: well I called Vacation Planning blah blah blah
Him: uh huh, and?
Me: 4 grand, now can it
Him: so $4,500
Me: okay, if you insist ;)

I don't know why he bothers to ask :p

CoasterChickie
09-10-2004, 09:27 AM
[QUOTE=dlandnut]_________________

And my hubby and I talked about it last night and we're doing the same thing: one whole suitcase on the plane will be just for bottled water, pop, each person's choice of cereal, snacks, etc. etc. Cheaper by far.[QUOTE]

The other good thing about this is by the end of the trip you have an empty suitcase to fill up with all the souvenirs you buy!! :~D

dlandnut
09-10-2004, 09:27 AM
Another tradition we always have is to eat breakfast at the Riverbelle Terrace, so one morning we do actually buy breakfast. Other than that, this time the little darlings will have to eat what we bring, breakfast in the room, since it's cheaper. We're all a little the same in that we're so excited to "enter the park" that food sometimes is not a top priority! :)

dlandnut
09-10-2004, 09:29 AM
[QUOTE=dlandnut]

The other good thing about this is by the end of the trip you have an empty suitcase to fill up with all the souvenirs you buy!! :~D

Good thinking. I didn't even think about that! That's what's so great about this website, we all learn so much from each other!!! :)

Tinkerbelle923
09-10-2004, 11:49 AM
When planning our trip this Dec. my DH asked me to give him a ballpark figure of how much this will cost him:

Me: about $2,500
Him: now much is it really going to cost me?
Me: $3,000
Him: you're getting warmer
Me: well I called Vacation Planning blah blah blah
Him: uh huh, and?
Me: 4 grand, now can it
Him: so $4,500
Me: okay, if you insist ;)

I don't know why he bothers to ask :p

LOL
Oh that sounds so familiar... I just tell my DH it's all in the budget already don't worry. Then tell him when we get home...he doesn't care after that. :~D

dlandnut
09-10-2004, 12:10 PM
LOL
Oh that sounds so familiar... I just tell my DH it's all in the budget already don't worry. Then tell him when we get home...he doesn't care after that. :~D

What is DH? Dear Husband? Dapper Hubby? Dashing Hero? :)

rentayenta
09-10-2004, 12:41 PM
For me it's dear hubby or damn hubby depending on the context.

downtownamybrown
09-10-2004, 12:56 PM
So they let you check pop and water in your luggage? Does it ever explode due to the change in pressure?

napabeth
09-10-2004, 12:59 PM
You guys are cracking me up. I kinda did the same thing to my bf for this trip in October.

me: Can we go to DL for my birthday. pleeeeease
bf: well . . . . ok
me: Where do you want to stay?
bf: I don't know, but on property
me: I'll give you 3 choices and you eliminate one and I'll eliminate the other (I didn't show him any prices, just pictures of the resorts - I KNEW the GC would be one the ones he's choose)
bf: ok. I choose PP or GC - but the GC looks nicer.
me: ok, GC it is.

WHoo hoo - now that wasn't too sneaky was it? I did get us an awesome deal and before we booked I showed him the pricing for all 3 places. We agreed to go big this time then cool it the next couple of times. Works for me!!!!! :)

rentayenta
09-10-2004, 01:39 PM
That's cute Beth!

We usually stay with family so this is a big trip for us. My kids will be on overload for sure. They love staying in hotels; they love DL, and they love Christmas. I did promise my DH that I won't make him go again until Space Mountain is open. I'll take the kids alone next summer ;)

mystycalchyk
09-10-2004, 01:47 PM

heheh, sad thing about us is we always pack an empty duffle bag just for this purpose and when I discovered Company D a few years back we actually had to go out and buy a car luggage rack to get all the booty home :rolleyes:

that was my point of greatest weakness. Company D is of the devil.
get thee behind me... :|

rentayenta
09-10-2004, 01:49 PM
heheh, sad thing about us is we always pack an empty duffle bag just for this purpose and when I discovered Company D a few years back we actually had to go out and buy a car luggage rack to get all the booty home :rolleyes:

What's Company D?

mystycalchyk
09-10-2004, 01:52 PM
its a employee only mega discount store. All the stuff you can buy in the park at 50 to 75% off. Its off property and you have to get a CM to take you. My man has managed to sweet talk us in a few times.
I literally was shaking and sweating, running around...stuffing my arms full. That first time, I told my husband "Yes I may have spent $250 but I saved closer to $350!"

sierranevada
09-10-2004, 06:31 PM
So they let you check pop and water in your luggage? Does it ever explode due to the change in pressure?

We do it all the time and nothing happens. I also put it in a ziplock to be safe and either wrap sweatshirts, etc. around them as cushion or some bubble wrap. We even bring our own wine. I buy it online and have it mailed to me and just stick the whole package in a suitcase - it is already pack for traveling.

rentayenta
09-10-2004, 06:42 PM
its a employee only mega discount store. All the stuff you can buy in the park at 50 to 75% off. Its off property and you have to get a CM to take you. My man has managed to sweet talk us in a few times.
I literally was shaking and sweating, running around...stuffing my arms full. That first time, I told my husband "Yes I may have spent $250 but I saved closer to $350!"

Company D sounds fantastic. All the stuff you can buy on the property???