PDA

View Full Version : Charging items to your hotel room

rentayenta
09-09-2004, 12:37 PM
I am wondering what items you can charge to your room? We will be staying at the DLH. I assume that I can charge meals from any of the DLH restaurants but what about the shops like World of Disney or any of the restaurants in DCA or DL? I am liking the idea of not having to carry alot of cash with me.

Osky
09-09-2004, 12:42 PM
I am wondering what items you can charge to your room? We will be staying at the DLH.

You can charge to your room from any Disney store or restaurant. This includes the World of Disney in downtown disney.

You cannot charge any other downtown disney shops to your room, and you cannot charge (most) food carts to your room...

I seem to remember charging items from one of the fruit food carts or the cart with the disposable camera to the room, but the difference was that they had a full-blown register instead of the typical register at the one-item carts...

MINIminnie
09-09-2004, 12:51 PM
Just wondering how secure is it to charge items/meals to you room? What's there to stop a person [other than yourself] to charge things to your room? Is there a way to confirm that you are indeed in that DLR hotel room when you charge things? Sorry about the nature of this question...as you might have guessed...I haven't charged anything to my hotel room before. :) But I am thinking about it during our next stay at the Grand Californian!

rentayenta
09-09-2004, 12:55 PM
Thanks grundler. I didn't think you could charge items from the carts but I was hoping you could charge things from the other hotels or DCA to the DLH.

MINIminnie, I am hoping that they have me sign something and put my room number etc...or show my room key before charging. I am sure there is some protocol.

Osky
09-09-2004, 01:00 PM
They give you a charge slip with an account number on it. They check your ID to make sure it matches the name on the slip, and of course it has to go thru their system like any other charge authorization. So, you cannot use your charge slip after 11:00 on the day you check out.

napabeth
09-09-2004, 01:04 PM
One of the greatest things we found at WDW - and I know they do it at DL also - is after you charge something to your room (or just pay for it) have it delivered to your hotel so you don't have to schlep it all over with you. (Obviously not for food items)

We were always afraid our package would get lost somehow, but when we bought glass Christmas ornaments in Germany at Epcot we figured that they had a better chance of surviving if delivered to the hotel. After that we about had everything sent to the hotel. It was so convenient!!!

Osky
09-09-2004, 01:08 PM
One of the greatest things we found at WDW - and I know they do it at DL also - is after you charge something to your room (or just pay for it) have it delivered to your hotel so you don't have to schlep it all over with you. (Obviously not for food items)

I have used this too and found it to be a great service. They deliver it to the bell desk, and you can pick it up at 7:00 the next morning, though it is usually there much earlier. On a side note, a person in front of me in World of Disney bought three huge bags worth of merchandise. They were leaving right then and parked in the DTD parking near the Disneyland Hotel. One of the cast members actually carried 2 of their bags all of the way to their car for them.

rentayenta
09-09-2004, 01:09 PM
You can get your packages sent to your room- excellent. I plan on hitting the day after Christmas sales and if I can get my packages sent to the room I won't have to be weighed down with unnecessary baggage.

What about charging stuff from DCA and their restaurants/hotels?

Osky
09-09-2004, 01:11 PM
What about charging stuff from DCA and their restaurants/hotels? It's all the same. If it is Disney owned, you can do it. If it is non-Disney (house of blues, ESPN Zone, etc) then you cannot charge to the room.

MINIminnie
09-09-2004, 01:11 PM
Yippee! It sounds secure! I've had my identity stolen [via credit card] and so I'm always very wary. Or "paranoid" as my hubby would put it. :)
Thanks for the quick response!!

rentayenta
09-09-2004, 01:14 PM
It's all the same. If it is Disney owned, you can do it. If it is non-Disney (house of blues, ESPN Zone, etc) then you cannot charge to the room.

Thanks. I still have a difficult time getting my brain around the fact that DCA is actually Disney owned ;)