PDA

View Full Version : Shopping in DTD

thinktink
09-09-2004, 10:56 AM
Just curious, since the parks are closing sooo early while we will be there, what are good and fun things to do in DTD after 6pm. Also do the shops stay open later, even is the parks close early. :confused:

missm
09-09-2004, 11:49 AM
If you are over 21 and drink, I like to sit at the bar at the Rainforest Cafe. It has a great atmosphere. Also if you go to www.hob.com you can check out what concerts are going on at the house of blues while you are there. Also, ESPN zone is a fun place to hang out. But I love video games. Gosh there's alot to do. You could go watch a movie. If you go to www.disneyland.com there's a listing of all of the shops in DTD.

CarlieB
09-09-2004, 12:52 PM
There's an AMC movie theatre in DTD - you could check out what movies are playing. Otherwise there are heaps of restaurants and bars to check out. I really like the Uva Bar - sit outside and peoplewatch. They have a good wine list andmake some great cocktails. It's also fun to browse the shops - there's plenty to look at:)

rentayenta
09-09-2004, 12:56 PM
I posted some ideas on your swimming thread :)

Osky
09-09-2004, 01:03 PM
I really like the Uva Bar - sit outside and peoplewatch.

I too like the Uva bar, but be forewarned... Since it is outside, they allow smoking. My wife and I happened to get a table next to 8 people who were chain smoking and the wind was blowing it right to us. We asked to be moved and it was not a problem. Lots of people smoke in there in the evenings.

thinktink
09-09-2004, 03:20 PM
Everyone has such great ideas! I can't wait to go. We will be there the 6-11 of Dec. None of the schedules are up yet except for park hours, I guess I will have to wait to see what kind of fun is in store for me and my family :D

rentayenta
09-09-2004, 03:27 PM
If there will be children with you:

Build a Bear
Lego store
Rainforest Cafe giftshop only; the food and service suck.
World of Disney- on our visit in 2001, I thought I would just look around. I ended up buying all of the necessary decor to re-do the kids bathroom in Mickey Mouse. This place is dangerous.

Sephora for you (I am assuming you are a woman)

I am also liking the idea of watching a classic Disney movie in the room and then riding the attraction the next day (ie Snow White, Alice in Wonderland, Pinnochio).

bluepearl
09-10-2004, 08:23 AM
Do you have to go to Downtown Disney after the parks close? I mean, sure you could spend a bit walking through it, but if you've got transportation around the city, don't stop only at DTD!

I'd go visit the Block for shopping and some entertainment or one of my favorite places to go, the Irvine Spectrum. They're pretty much the same kind of open-air mall, but I prefer the Spectrum - it's probably more of an adult place. I'm not sure if you have kids, but there are some clubs (comedy, dance) that you can visit if you don't have kids in tow. Or, if you're feeling particularly adventurous, you could visit other parts of Southern California.