PDA

View Full Version : BTM BBQ closed for good?

Pages : [1] 2

thinktink
09-08-2004, 07:57 PM
The last two times I went to DL The BBQ place was closed. There were no signs saying it was changing to something else. I injoyed sitting by the fire pit eating ribs and corn on the cob :rolleyes: On a different note, does anyone know when the tarps will come down on mianstreet and NewO square? :confused:

Sheila
09-08-2004, 08:28 PM
The last two times I went to DL The BBQ place was closed. There were no signs saying it was changing to something else. I injoyed sitting by the fire pit eating ribs and corn on the cob :rolleyes: On a different note, does anyone know when the tarps will come down on mianstreet and NewO square? :confused:

Oh tink, I don't know how to break this to you. The BBQ has been closed for a few years now. DL consolidated Casa Mexicana and the BBQ into one combo restaurant and reopened it in the old Casa Mex space as Rancho Del Zocalo.

If you're inclined, they were trying out a prepackaged box lunch with cold chicken at the old BBQ place at lunchtime, but it ain't the same.

Sorry! And the tarps will be up for awhile as the buildings have needed repair for a very long time.

Sheila

thinktink
09-08-2004, 09:08 PM
Oh well, I guess I should pay closer attention to details when I'm there.

Disneyfreak
09-09-2004, 01:58 PM
Unfortunately the bbq at the Mexican place sucks, along with the Mexican food.

splashmtngurl
09-09-2004, 03:35 PM
i dont even remember the BTMRR BBQ! perhaps we just overlooked it, we spend the least amount of time in frontier land i think! was the food good?

smd4
09-09-2004, 03:38 PM
was the food good? Good? Ambrosia! A slice of Heaven on Earth! Succulent, mouth-watering fare that was really too good for a theme park. I raise a smokey BBQ-sauce-slathered rib in its memory!

Forbin
09-09-2004, 03:41 PM
Wasn't it open in june for like 4 weeks until Big Thunder Crashed again?

splashmtngurl
09-09-2004, 03:41 PM
That stinks! i would have loved to eat there! i've eaten at the mexican resteraunt there and i didnt think it was very good! where did BBQ used to be?

Disneyfreak
09-09-2004, 03:44 PM
Wasn't it open in june for like 4 weeks until Big Thunder Crashed again?

No, it was closed years before that incident. It closed around the same time that the subs closed.

millionairegirl
09-09-2004, 03:44 PM
I tried the BBQ for the first time this weekend at RDZ, and honestly it as about as good as I remember the Big Thunder BBQ to be, which was pretty good! My sister and I shared the half a chicken platter, and had more than enough food. Can't beat a $5 lunch at DL!

smd4
09-09-2004, 03:46 PM
Back behind Thunder Mountain, along Big Thunder Train, next to the Hunchback theater.

I hate when these Big Thunder BBQ threads pop up! They always make me so hungry!

Disneyfreak
09-09-2004, 03:47 PM
The only two bbq restaurants I know of that beat the big thunder bbq is loves, which no longer exists, and wood ranch bbq. What I dont understand is that the managment knows we want the bbq but they give us that junk cold chicken.

sami869
09-09-2004, 04:15 PM

I love the Mexican food there...perhaps I'm just weird.

Lani
09-09-2004, 04:19 PM
Wasn't it open in june for like 4 weeks until Big Thunder Crashed again?They DID reopen it for the summer. I have to assume it closed up again, but for a time, they were serving "picnic food" and calling itself "Big Thunder Ranch Country Picnic" (we reported about it in our park update (http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/dlr040706.htm)). They served... cold fried chicken. I'm told it was good, but ewwww, no thank you.

rentayenta
09-09-2004, 04:30 PM
The only two bbq restaurants I know of that beat the big thunder bbq is loves, which no longer exists, and wood ranch bbq. What I dont understand is that the managment knows we want the bbq but they give us that junk cold chicken.

Love's was my absolute favorite growing up. I didn't know they were completely out of business. Johnny Reb's in Long Beach is also very good. But no one can beat Love's beans.

MrsG
09-09-2004, 04:51 PM
I think RDZ BBQ is pretty good! Never tried the Mexican - never choose Mexican if there is something else. But the BBQ tastes like the food at Thunder Mtn BBQ, you just don't have the same ambiance. TMBBQ, in the evening especially, was like camping out without having to actually sleep outside!

PsychDoc
09-09-2004, 06:29 PM
Back behind Thunder Mountain, along Big Thunder Train, next to the Hunchback theater.

I hate when these Big Thunder BBQ threads pop up! They always make me so hungry!
Hungry and sad; sad because it's no more. This is sort of off-topic. Maybe I'll start a new thread. I'm very angry over DLs management decisons of late. 1. Closing down Millionare, despite it playing to large audiences. 2. Permantely closing down the back door entrance to DCA from Paradise Peir. 3. Keeping empty resturants and/or attractions just to taunt us? ie BTBQ, several resturants in DCA.

JTCarrey
09-09-2004, 06:49 PM
OMG LOVES was THE best!! I made a fool of myself driving up to the restaurant a few months ago in Anaheim, thinking "wow there's still one open!!" then I noticed the gated fence ;) I used to go all the time with my grandma and my mom.

rentayenta
09-09-2004, 07:21 PM
OMG LOVES was THE best!! I made a fool of myself driving up to the restaurant a few months ago in Anaheim, thinking "wow there's still one open!!" then I noticed the gated fence ;) I used to go all the time with my grandma and my mom.

Remember the silver tray that they would give you before your meal with the celery, carrots and olives? Remember the red vinyl boothes? Remember getting a lollipop at the end? They were by the cashier.

I miss Love's :crying:

JTCarrey
09-09-2004, 07:26 PM
YES!!!!! :'( me too!!!! I remember taking my grandma there after she had brain surgery, took bad I couldn't take my mom after her brain surgery *wonders if I will need brain surgery next*

splashmtngurl
09-09-2004, 07:39 PM
i'm sad i missed out on it! it must have been gone by 2000 because i dont recall it being there! :(

Disneyfreak
09-09-2004, 09:16 PM
I love the Mexican food there...perhaps I'm just weird.

Go to LA and get real mexican food. Loves was really good, but wood ranch is a better bbq then loves is. It is more upscale too.

disney_leonard
09-09-2004, 09:35 PM
At the risk of getting too far off the topic, I recently discovered a really great BBQ Joint in Orange County just off the 57 freeway. It's a chain and they have great BBQ and near Disney atmosphere.

Lucilles
1639 E. Imperial Highway
Brea, CA 92821
714-990-4944
Business Hours:
Sun - Thurs 11am - 10pm
Fri & Sat 11am - 11pm

sdfilmcritic
09-09-2004, 10:44 PM
Hey, I enjoyed the Mexican food!!! I haven't tried the barbecue yet, so I can't speak for that. However, the Burriot Grande is very delicious and filling. Especially when it's topped with the fresh salsa (which you have to pay an extra $1 for!! :mad: ).

sdfilmcritic
09-09-2004, 10:46 PM
Go to LA and get real mexican food. Loves was really good, but wood ranch is a better bbq then loves is. It is more upscale too.
I thought the real Mexican food was in Texas?