PDA

View Full Version : Buying an AP

Melaniee
09-08-2004, 05:53 PM
Okay, we are finally going to do it! Yay! We decided on the $129, thanks to everyone for their input.

Is there a best place to buy it, or does it not matter and I may as well do it online?

Is it worth it for the parking pass? Aside from the financial gain if we did make it enough times, is that parking structure really that much better? Especially since we'll be going during off-peak - wouldn't we likely get to park there anyway?

Thanks to everyone for answering my numerous and likely out-dated questions. I knew way more about Disneyland several years ago when I wasn't even living here, than I do now! (anyone else remember the "I DIG RAD buttons?" LOL.

Melanie

SCUBAbe
09-08-2004, 05:57 PM
Okay, we are finally going to do it! Yay! We decided on the $129, thanks to everyone for their input.

Is there a best place to buy it, or does it not matter and I may as well do it online?

Is it worth it for the parking pass? Aside from the financial gain if we did make it enough times, is that parking structure really that much better? Especially since we'll be going during off-peak - wouldn't we likely get to park there anyway?

Thanks to everyone for answering my numerous and likely out-dated questions. I knew way more about Disneyland several years ago when I wasn't even living here, than I do now! (anyone else remember the "I DIG RAD buttons?" LOL.

Melanie
The parking at the park is always $9.00 rather it's on or off peak season. When we got our first passes we didn't add the parking on. We ended up going alot and added it on later, but that was after we already spent the then $45.00. The only suggestion I have for when to get the pass is if you plan on going to the park just get the regular ticket and upgrade it to the pass. That way if it happens to be a block out day you still have that days admission. :)

sediment
09-08-2004, 06:02 PM
I don't think it matters where/how you buy it. Its year doesn't start until you use it.
As for the parking pass, I suggest buying one. I don't know what you're thinking about the rest of that paragraph, though. The parking pass allows you to pay upfront a fixed price for all the parking you do. It doesn't let you park anywhere special, and to the best to my knowledge, it doesn't guarantee you a spot (the size of the structure takes care of that). Usually, it will be the structure that you park in. But paid in advance.

Darkbeer
09-08-2004, 06:13 PM
If you plan to use the parking lot for 6 or more days during the time the AP is valid, it pays to buy the pass... 5 visits at $9 is $45, so it is the 6th visit that places it in positive savings.

Melaniee
09-08-2004, 10:31 PM
I don't think it matters where/how you buy it. Its year doesn't start until you use it.
As for the parking pass, I suggest buying one. I don't know what you're thinking about the rest of that paragraph, though. The parking pass allows you to pay upfront a fixed price for all the parking you do. It doesn't let you park anywhere special, and to the best to my knowledge, it doesn't guarantee you a spot (the size of the structure takes care of that). Usually, it will be the structure that you park in. But paid in advance.

LOL. Sorry. I thought, because it designated the "Mickey & Friends" that perhaps it was a closer/better parking area. I didn't realize that is pretty much where everyone always parks. Like I said, it's been a while. I've only been twice since they built that!

Not sure if we'll go 6 times or not, I may just go with the pay-per-use thing.

Thanks everyone!