PDA

View Full Version : Transportation from LAX

missuniverse78
09-08-2004, 05:00 PM
Does anyone have inforamtion on the different ways to get from LAX to anaheim? Taxi, shuttle, bus... what are the differences in price and do the buses and shuttles take you direct to your hotel? Thanks ( :

Also, what is the weather like around halloween in Anaheim? Is it cold enough for sweaters? Jackets? Raincoat?

Biscuit
09-08-2004, 05:05 PM
Shuttles are great...they take you right to your hotel :) They're really easy to catch, they're right outside the terminal doors. Even if you're a little tired and "blind" (LOL like I was after my long haul trip) there's a LAX employee ready to point the way.

I think it was about $7-8 plus tip (hehe, tipping was such a novelty to me).

That's my experience :)

CarlieB
09-08-2004, 05:07 PM
We usually catch the Airport Bus - it leaves from outside each terminal at LAX and it's pretty affordable. It drops you off at your hotel:)

Cat H
09-08-2004, 05:07 PM
I have used both super shuttle and the airport bus. Had to wait forever at the airport for the bus and then it stopped at tons of hotels along the way. Did not have to wait at all for super shuttle at the airport and they only stopped at one other hotel along the way so it was pretty fast. This was a year ago and I think it was somewhere around $13 -$16 a person each way. The airport bus was a couple of years ago and was $14 a person each way. Just go to the shuper shuttle site on the curb outside LAX and tell them you need a shuttle to the disney area. For the trip back you call them the day before your flight and tell them when to pick you up. The drive took about 45 minutes from LAX to hotel.

sediment
09-08-2004, 06:12 PM
And be sure to go to the right place on the second curb. It's not the green sign, that's for sure. The shuttles drive right by the green sign.

You should try a limosine service. No, don't turn up your nose. They are not as expensive as you might think. First, you won't get a stretch limo or the stretch-Hummer one. you'll get a large town car. Second, you won't be sharing it with other who-knows-whoms. Third, you won't be circling the airport looking for other who-knows-whoms to fill the van. And finally, you won't be dropping off all those who-knows-whoms before your stop.
$77 for whole party (three max, I think). A driver with your name on a sign waits for you at the terminal near baggage. Well worth the moo-lah.

GrumpyUTboi
09-08-2004, 07:53 PM
Why would you want to even fly into LAX? What a freaking mess the airport is. I have never been to LAX when things were not a complete mess. I now ALWAYS go to John Wayne. I love the way they cut the engines, it is kind of like a roller coaster ride.

The main reason why I hate LAX is years ago my dad's best friend had a son that was on a puddle jumper waiting for take off and a big jet landed on top of the puddle jumper. I hate to see all the planes zig-zagging underneath my plane.

missuniverse78
09-08-2004, 08:00 PM
We are flying into LAX because on average, the flights are 100.00 cheaper than if we came into orange county. Money we could use to buy more stuff in Disneyland. Worth it in my books.

YAY!!!! Only 50 days to go. So, does anyone have information on what to expect weather wise? What do I need to pack to be comfortable during the Halloween weekend in Disneyland? Any info would be appreciated. :D

sediment
09-09-2004, 08:15 AM
Why would you want to even fly into LAX? What a freaking mess the airport is. I have never been to LAX when things were not a complete mess. I now ALWAYS go to John Wayne. I love the way they cut the engines, it is kind of like a roller coaster ride.

The main reason why I hate LAX is years ago my dad's best friend had a son that was on a puddle jumper waiting for take off and a big jet landed on top of the puddle jumper. I hate to see all the planes zig-zagging underneath my plane.
Oh, it's a fine airport. When you come from places not serviced directly by JW, it's nice to have a non-stop flight into LA.
Just got back from Tennessee. Non-stop. LAX. I don't like takeoffs or landings. The fewer the better. Statistically the most dangerous part of flying.

Sebastian
09-09-2004, 08:17 AM
My dh and I went to DL in October of '97 and it was really hot. I guess if the Santa Ana winds kick up it can be really hot. It was over 100 everyday when we were there it was miserable. But I do not know if that is normal for that time of the year or not.

sediment
09-09-2004, 08:28 AM
We are flying into LAX because on average, the flights are 100.00 cheaper than if we came into orange county. Money we could use to buy more stuff in Disneyland. Worth it in my books.

YAY!!!! Only 50 days to go. So, does anyone have information on what to expect weather wise? What do I need to pack to be comfortable during the Halloween weekend in Disneyland? Any info would be appreciated. :D
Check the weather about a day before you leave, just before you start packing. Late October can be windy, rainy, cold, hot, smoky (like last year), ... No one will know until the day before. Could be cool in the morning, hot during the day, and then cool at night again.
weather.com works adequately, and you can get an idea with the five-day and 10-day forecast.

Forbin
09-09-2004, 08:39 AM
Ok lets see since I travel a lot.

Taxi from LAX to disneyland - About $70 - 1-4 people. 1.5 hours
Airport Bus - $15 / person? About 3 hours (No I'm not kidding unless you are lucky and get on last / off first)
Shuttle - $40? + 7 for each person. 2 Hours (If other stops) otherwise (1.75) - I cannot remember exactly as they change prices but if they take you to a house it is greater than if they take you to a hotel.

If you do take the shuttle, take SuperShuttle. When you exit the airport you just have to ask where the Shuttle stop is and when you get there tell the attendant you are waiting for SuperShuttle. The reason I recommend them is that the vans are Corporate owned. The other shuttle is franchised which means if you don't like the driver he's the owner / lessee of that van. Complaints mean nothing.

Weather? Depends on where you come from. If it is not raining it's about 70-80 in the day and 60-70 at night.(It usually doesn't rain)

dlandnut
09-09-2004, 08:47 AM

No matter when we go to DL we take jackets and/or sweatshirts. Disney really taps on on those people who don't come prepared for cooler evenings, and although you can buy some good quality sweatshirts and jackets all over either park, it is expensive. In the evening, if it looks to be a bit cooler, we always take our jackets and tie them around our waists. Another option would be to take jackets in and store in a locker on main street, where you can get 'em if you need 'em. :)

sami869
09-09-2004, 09:38 AM
We are flying into LAX because on average, the flights are 100.00 cheaper than if we came into orange county. Money we could use to buy more stuff in Disneyland. Worth it in my books. :D
I too am all for saving money on things like planet tickets and hotels so you can spend it on more fun things. Which is why I always shop around before buying our tickets and I have noticed on average it is about $50 cheaper to fly into the Santa Ana/Orange County/John Wayne airport than into LAX. I'm not saying I don't belive you. I'm just wondering why it's the opitsit for me when I look up prices. Perhaps it is because you are comming from a different place than me? Or maybe you only like to fly a certain airline? *shrugs*

You might be better off just renting a car. You'll probably end up paying almost the same and saving a lot of time.

missuniverse78
09-09-2004, 10:03 AM
^^^^

Yup, it was $109 cheaper for me to fly into LAX from Vancouver. I guess it's for the certain dates and times I needed. There are no direct flights into Orange County, so maybe that's why it's so much cheaper. :)

Vegitabeta
09-09-2004, 10:42 AM
Airport bus is the way to go!

rentayenta
09-09-2004, 10:43 AM
As far as the weather goes; I would bring a rain poncho/coat into the park. I have found umbrellas to be cumbersome while trying to navigate throught the crowds. Bring sweatshirts in case it gets chilly and you can always use them for padding while sitting on curb waiting for the parade.

I have flown into LAX many times. It's not that bad. John Wayne is much easier but usually more expensive. I don't know if Jet Blue is an option where you live but Jet Blue flies into Long Long beach airport is hands down the easiest airport to deal with in the So Cal area.

CarlieB
09-09-2004, 01:00 PM
Wow, I've caught the Airport Bus several times, and the longest it ever took was about 50 minutes - and that was because there were roadworks. It's never taken 3 hours for us before. Anyone else?

Osky
09-09-2004, 01:21 PM
^^^^

Yup, it was $109 cheaper for me to fly into LAX from Vancouver. I guess it's for the certain dates and times I needed. There are no direct flights into Orange County, so maybe that's why it's so much cheaper. :)

It must depend on if you are in a market that is serviced by the short hop flights from John Wayne. In Sacramento, I got a $126 round trip, non-stop ticket. Didn't even look for LAX as it couldn't be much cheaper to make it worth the extra distance. Got a two-day rental car from avis for about $40.00.