PDA

View Full Version : Theft at Disneyland

Pages : [1] 2

rentayenta
09-08-2004, 11:32 AM
Another thread started me thinking about theft at DL. For the 35 years that I have been visiting DL, we have never had anything stolen. We leave, as do lots of other people, lots of goodies in the bottom of strollers etc.. I was wondering if anyone has been a victim of theft at DL and was your stuff recovered?

JeffG
09-08-2004, 11:52 AM
I was wondering if anyone has been a victim of theft at DL and was your stuff recovered?

I misplaced my wallet at Disneyland once (I'm pretty sure it fell out of my pocket on Indy). Lost & Found actually mailed it back to me a couple days later, but all of the cash that was in it (around $30-$40) was gone. I'm guessing that whoever initially found the wallet took all the cash out and tossed it in a corner somewhere where someone on the cleanup crew likely found it and turned it in later.

-Jeff

sami869
09-08-2004, 11:57 AM
I have a story of a lack of theft: When I was about 12 I had a purse with about $200 in it (it was money I had saved up for over a year for our disneyland trip). Being the spaz that I still am I left the purse lying around in toontown. When I realized that I had left my purse there over an hour later I freaked out and we rushed back over to toon town. The purse was gone. We walked over to the nearest cast member to ask how we could go about checking the lost in found (although at this point I figured there was no hope) and to my surprise she said someone had just turned it in and it hadn't even gone to lost and found yet. I guess the guest had opened it up to see if there was any ID and when all they found was cash they turned it in. I wish I could have met that person and told them how grateful I was. You just don't get too many people like that when I'm from.

mumeee99
09-08-2004, 12:03 PM
Not theft but my daughter and I lost the autograph book on autopia. I had it in my knapsack, my daughter was driving, slammed us into the side and my bag bounced in my lap. I was videotaping at the time so I didn't really pay attention. After Autopia we went to get Ariel's autograph and found the book was gone. I went back to Autopia and sure enough they found it on the "road", I was really impressed and my daughter was thrilled. This was a creative memories disney scrapbook that she'd put together especially for this trip.

Ok, off topic, but I had to share LOL

rentayenta
09-08-2004, 12:04 PM
I misplaced my wallet at Disneyland once (I'm pretty sure it fell out of my pocket on Indy). Lost & Found actually mailed it back to me a couple days later, but all of the cash that was in it (around $30-$40) was gone. I'm guessing that whoever initially found the wallet took all the cash out and tossed it in a corner somewhere where someone on the cleanup crew likely found it and turned it in later.

-Jeff

I'm gald you got your wallet back. Losing ID etc. is a much bigger pain and thankfully there was only $40 in your wallet.

rentayenta
09-08-2004, 12:06 PM
I have a story of a lack of theft: That's awesome :) It's nice to know that there are still some decent people around.

richas
09-08-2004, 12:22 PM
I left a backpack full of stuff, including my sons' cd player, LOTS of cd's and my expensive SLR camera on a bench near HM. Didn't realize it for an hour or so. We had to check with L&F a few times, but by the next morning it was there. This was during a very busy Xmas time. Everything was still in the backpack. I was amazed!

rentayenta
09-08-2004, 12:26 PM
See, Disneyland is magical!

Missing Marbles
09-08-2004, 12:31 PM
Upon our first meeting in Disneyland, my heart was stolen by my fiance'. It's been over 4 years and she still has it! I don't think it will ever be recovered! (Thank God) :)

AliciasMom
09-08-2004, 12:44 PM
Genie from Aladdin stole my camera once and took a picture of himself but then he gave it back, lol.

mumeee99
09-08-2004, 12:46 PM
It is funny cause I am usually so paranoid about having stuff stolen or loosing things but when we were in DL I was totally at ease. When we go back in December I will be taking my favorite stroller and I don't think I'll be concered about someone taking it while we're on a ride. Just something about DL that makes people turn "good" :D

rentayenta
09-08-2004, 01:06 PM
I agree mumeee99.

AVP
09-08-2004, 01:14 PM
I lost all of my government-issued IDs and two of three credit cards at Walt Disney World the day before I was supposed to fly home. All I had left were my three Annual Passes and one remaining credit card - not even the one my tickets were booked with, and the one card that didn't have my married name on it. (Which was the name on the tickets) I think I might have had a AAA card and health insurance card too.

Fortunately, the airline took pity on me, and since two of my APs - the Disneyland and Disneyland Paris ones - had my photo on them, they considered that sufficient identification and let me fly home.

That was Sept 4, 2001. I imagine they would not consider that to be acceptable ID now.

WDW found my missing ID and credit cards, and returned them to me when I got home.

All I remember losing at Disneyland was my very favorite sweatshirt, during Minnie's Moonlight Madness, and it was never recovered.

AVP

Jon Vincible
09-08-2004, 01:25 PM
The first week of August this year me and my friends went to Disneyland. My friend accidently forgot his wallet at the French Market. He had taken it out of his back pocket while he ate. It was over an hour later before he realized it was missing. He went back, and our table had been cleared. He ran all around and wound up at lost in found who told him nobody had returned it yet. At the end of the day (midnight) we checked with lost and found. Someone had turned in his wallet minus the 300 dollars inside. I told him it's better to get back his driver's license and stuff but still, losing 300 dollars has gotta ruin anyone's trip.

Cariad
09-08-2004, 01:33 PM
Upon our first meeting in Disneyland, my heart was stolen by my fiance'. It's been over 4 years and she still has it! I don't think it will ever be recovered! (Thank God) :)

Well now, since noone else has commented on this yet, I will. AWWWWWWWWWWWW how cute.... *secretly making 'gross' face* hahahahahaha

No really, that's a sweet thing to say! Can't imagine my hubby ever saying ANYTHING like that about me! swap 'heart' for 'freedom', that's what he'd say! :)

Disney Vault
09-08-2004, 03:29 PM
I would never carry $300 with me into the parks. That is what the hotel safe if for.

SCUBAbe
09-08-2004, 04:30 PM
yes, when my daughter was 2 or 3 she accidently dropped her wallet. A woman picked it up and took off with it. That sucked...my daughter kept saying , "lady, lady". We looked all over and finally found a replacement. I could not believe a woman would steal from a toddler. What did she think would be in the plastic wallet?

On a happier note. We lost one of our talk abouts at the park. We filled out the lost item report and it came in the mail a few weeks later..:)

SCUBAbe
09-08-2004, 04:34 PM
I would never carry $300 with me into the parks. That is what the hotel safe if for.
$300 is not alot of money to carry around. I certainly would not put it in a safe. When we broght 2 grand to vegas we used the safe though..:)

My BF lost his wallet in SLO. Cal Poly security called us and said they had it. A student turned it in. It came in the mail with everything inside of it. Even all the cash. That was cool.!

mjformenotyou
09-08-2004, 07:03 PM

That was Sept 4, 2001. I imagine they would not consider that to be acceptable ID now.

Two Thanksgivings ago, I accidently got on the train to the airport with only my school ID and train pass. No drivers license, no money, no credit cards. They let me get my boarding pass and get on the flight, because there was no way I had enough time to get back on the train and come back in time.
When I flew back to Chicago, I brought my expired drivers license and my social security card with me, and they didn't seem to have a problem with it.

The only catch was that I was pulled for extra security checks - but it was worth it to still be able to get on the plane!

As for losing stuff at Disneyland, years ago when I was in 4th grade, I left my book bag with about 4 school books in Goofy's Kitchen at the DLH. My family called the hotel numerous times, even when we got back home, but they apparently never found it. There was nothing in it beyond my 4th grade level books.

Disney Vault
09-08-2004, 07:07 PM
As for losing stuff at Disneyland, years ago when I was in 4th grade, I left my book bag with about 4 school books in Goofy's Kitchen at the DLH. My family called the hotel numerous times, even when we got back home, but they apparently never found it. There was nothing in it beyond my 4th grade level books.
Because who wouldnt want school book! :|

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
09-08-2004, 07:27 PM
A couple of years ago my husband dropped his Oakley sunglasses while corralling our then 2 year old in front of the restrooms by Rancho Zocala. He got back to the table and realized they were gone. It wasn't more than 2 minutes when he went back to look . We searched all the bushes nearby and even checked lost and found that night and the next day.

My husband who can be quite jaded(but LOVES Disneyland) was very disturbed that someone would walk off with a pair of well used sunglasses at the happiest place on earth. Even he couldn't believe that a person could stoop so low.

efoxx
09-08-2004, 07:33 PM
Efoxx feels the mantle passing...

great story. Wfoxx and My second date was at Dland, and when it came time to pop the question it became a matter of where and when. and no it wasn't Dland. it was going to be, but we were at Knotts the day before, and I just couldn't wait any longer.

that was twentyone years and one month ago, now married 19 years and 3 months :D . lets hope she never wises up ;)

rentayenta
09-08-2004, 08:29 PM
Efoxx feels the mantle passing...

great story. Wfoxx and My second date was at Dland, and when it came time to pop the question it became a matter of where and when. and no it wasn't Dland. it was going to be, but we were at Knotts the day before, and I just couldn't wait any longer.

that was twentyone years and one month ago, now married 19 years and 3 months :D . lets hope she never wises up ;)

I wonder what my hubby writes about me on message boards :confused:

Your story is sweet.

jrsharp21
09-09-2004, 07:54 AM
I remember when I was 12 I found a wallet on the old Motorboats. The wallet was full of money and the usual licenses and credit cards. For one second I though about keeping it, but then I thought that this could be the family's vacation money and how that would ruin someones trip. So I turned it in to the CM. I believe a little later the man came looking for his wallet and from what I was told, was extremely relieved that everything was there.

But I think I may have let a penny fall out into the boat by accident. :)

Mukta
09-09-2004, 11:59 AM
When I was 9 I went to DL with a group of family friends. My mom sent me with my pink and white purse with my neon green sunglasses (it was the 80's) and about $40. I left it in one of the baby's strollers while we went on a ride. When I got off, it was gone. I checked lost and found but couldn't find it. I was devastated. I wanted my Mommy, but she wasn't there. I cried to her about it when I got home. :crying: