PDA

View Full Version : Stores?

mumeee99
09-07-2004, 08:02 AM
Hello, new here! Can someone tell me if there is a grocery store within walking distance of the park? We're coming down from Canada in December and I will need to get soy milk for my youngest son while we're there.

Thank you!

09-07-2004, 09:17 AM
Welcome, mumeee99!

I don't know about grocery stores but someone will.

spectromen
09-07-2004, 10:20 AM
Hi there, not really walking distance but the closest grocery store is either Food4Less at Katella and Euclid, or Vons at Chapman and Haster. Both are easy to get to by bus, the former probably being easiest of all. Enjoy!

julia
09-07-2004, 02:55 PM
Hi,

There's an Albertsons around almost every corner in Southern California. They are great stores, clean, reasonable prices. They have a Savon by Albertsons at 1660 W. Katella and 275 S. Euclid - both within walking distance.

Have a great day!
Julia

Arnie
09-07-2004, 03:05 PM
Check out this thread from a few days ago, it lists a few other places you may be able to get soy milk.Groceries ang Fruit Thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=31544)

Also you maybe able to purcahse Soy Milk at the Baby Center in Disneyland. I belive they have formula and stuff so maybe they would have soy milk. Someone else who has actually been in there may know better than me.

Darkbeer
09-07-2004, 08:03 PM
Hi,

There's an Albertsons around almost every corner in Southern California. They are great stores, clean, reasonable prices. They have a Savon by Albertsons at 1660 W. Katella and 275 S. Euclid - both within walking distance.

Have a great day!
Julia
Excuse me, is a mile and half (one way) walking distance????? And trust me, the path is not that scenic....

The Food4Less (run by Kroger/Ralphs) is about one mile west of the DLR on Katella, and the Albertson's is about a half mile farther down.....

There is no Sav-On or other type of drug store (Walgreen's, Rite Aid, etc...) anywhere near walking distance.....

A 7-11 and a ABC Store(Hawaiian chain) on the corner of Katella and Harbor carry the basics, but of course, at an additional price...

Also, some of the Hotels along Harbor have small shops, such as HoJo's and the Tropicana.

LAsptsfan3
09-07-2004, 08:45 PM
Theres an ABC store in Anaheim???? Does it carry the same stuff they have in hawaii? Im craving some Maui Chips right about now.

mumeee99
09-07-2004, 09:30 PM
WOW, thank you so much guys! Even if I have to take a cab down I'd be willing to do that, I really don't want to bring the milk with me since the border has tightened up and they get crabby about stuff like that.

Thank you!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
09-07-2004, 09:54 PM
My DH paid $1 and took the bus from HoJos to a grocery store. He was gone all of an hour!

Darkbeer
09-07-2004, 10:09 PM
Theres an ABC store in Anaheim???? Does it carry the same stuff they have in hawaii? Im craving some Maui Chips right about now.
Yes, next to the Candy Cane Inn, ABC Stores is in Anaheim, plus they have a couple of stores in Las Vegas. While they do carry many of the same items, they are some differences.....

Another good true Hawaiian place is L&L Hawaiian BBQ, there is one on Ball about a mile west of the DLR... YUMMY!!!!:D

GrumpyUTboi
09-08-2004, 06:39 AM
This is one of the main reasons why we are driving, to be able to get to restaurants and stores without donating a kidney to pay for food.

sdfilmcritic
09-08-2004, 06:42 AM
This is one of the main reasons why we are driving, to be able to get to restaurants and stores without donating a kidney to pay for food.
They won't make you donate a kidney. A liver, maybe, with a side of grilled onions. But a kidney? Who can eat a donated kidney?