PDA

View Full Version : Ariel's Grotto question

sdfilmcritic
09-07-2004, 06:48 AM
The Disneyland website has posted under it's description of Ariel's Grotto that "Disney Characters host your meal." Does this mean they sit you at the table, serve your table, or just stop by and say hello? I've never been there before and I've never been to any of the character breakfasts either, so I don't know what to expect if I stopped by for a meal.

Brian Noble
09-07-2004, 06:54 AM
Stop by and say hello, with the exception of Ariel---as she has only fins, and not legs, she cannot stop by. Instead, you stop by and see her.

CoasterChickie
09-07-2004, 10:53 AM
The characters were so funny on Sunday night. A dad got up to go to the restroom and when he came back, Goofy was sitting in his seat pretending to eat his dinner and flirt with his wife. Chip and Dale got all the liitle kids up out of their seats and they marched around the restaurant. Then Chip and Dale came over to our table and did high 5's with the boys. But when they got to Javanod, they'd pretend to miss his hand. The characters also like to sneak up on people ...Goofy did this to the boys and one of them fell out of his chair from being surprised. Minnie was adorable prancing around in her sailor dress and posing for photos. I think the CMs did a wonderful job staying in character the whole time.

P.S. We went to Club Buzz later that night and Mickey and Chip and Dale were leading a conga line with the litttle kids while Goofy danced with the ladies.

sdfilmcritic
09-07-2004, 11:21 PM
Is Ariel the only face character that shows up?

Dlandmom
09-08-2004, 08:18 AM
Yep...the only others I've seen are: Goofy, Chip n Dale, Daisy, and Minnie. I think I saw Pluto, too, but I don't remember for sure.

ChipmunkStar
09-08-2004, 10:38 AM
That's.... odd.... I've never seen Daisy visit the Grotto since she doesn't have seaside garb. Then again, I saw Max there in his PCH Grill duds a few weeks ago...

The standard set of characters are normally Goofy, Pluto, Minnie, and Ariel, then Chip and Dale normally are thrown into the mix on the weekeneds.

Dlandmom
09-08-2004, 10:49 AM
That's.... odd.... I've never seen Daisy visit the Grotto since she doesn't have seaside garb. Then again, I saw Max there in his PCH Grill duds a few weeks ago...

The standard set of characters are normally Goofy, Pluto, Minnie, and Ariel, then Chip and Dale normally are thrown into the mix on the weekeneds.

I'll have to go back and check my pictures...I'm almost positive we saw Daisy at one point. I forgot about Max...I did see him once. I saw Dale at a weekday lunch one time, so the mix must change all the time.