PDA

View Full Version : Free Refills ... where?

redrhino
09-06-2004, 01:45 PM
My family (of six) are going to be at the park(s) Tuesday-Thursday this week. Considering it will be about 212 degrees (Farenheit) plus or minus a bit, I am wondering which places in Disneyland have free refills on drinks. I know that Redd Rocket's Pizza Port has a free refill, but I would love to know of any other options.

Thanks a bunch ...

Redrhino

Lani
09-06-2004, 02:14 PM
I've gotten free refills (during my meal) at Plaza Inn. :)

sdfilmcritic
09-06-2004, 02:51 PM
Well, the only place I know about free refills is the coffee at Market House on Main Street, but you said it might be hot as an oven, so you might be passing on that.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
09-06-2004, 03:11 PM
On hot days I try to avoid soda, well I try to avoid soda period, but a mint julip or frozen lemonade really hits the spot then. I know they don't offer free refills on those, but you might consider buying a bottle of water, or bringing in your own, we did this in May, stuck it in the bottom of our stroller, and just filled it up at the drinking fountains throughout the day, and saved spending money for a mint julip or frozen lemonade! YUMMY!

missm
09-06-2004, 04:13 PM
Any of the eateries in DLR will give you a free cup of ice water. Just make sure you ask for ice water instead of water. I drinks tons of water while in DL and it would get really expensive to buy bottles each time. I like my water cold so I don't like to fill it up at fountains.

Wendi
09-06-2004, 04:30 PM
If you buy a travel mug at Whitewater Snacks in GCH you get unlimited refills there, but that may not be very convenient for you. It's great if you are staying at the GCH though!

experiment626
09-06-2004, 04:43 PM
The Rancho in Frontierland as Drink Station where you are able to get refills.

Mermaid
09-06-2004, 06:48 PM
Are the soda refills in disposbale cups that you can take with you when you are done e.g. fill it up for the road or do they give you cups that stay in the restuarant?

missm
09-06-2004, 07:04 PM
Are the soda refills in disposbale cups that you can take with you when you are done e.g. fill it up for the road or do they give you cups that stay in the restuarant?

They are in disposable cups that you can fill up before you leave.

JeffG
09-06-2004, 08:25 PM
They are in disposable cups that you can fill up before you leave.

Plaza Inn is an exception to that. They do generally use plastic cups. They might have disposable cups available on request, but I don't know if they would let you refill them.

-Jeff

missm
09-06-2004, 08:38 PM
Plaza Inn is an exception to that. They do generally use plastic cups. They might have disposable cups available on request, but I don't know if they would let you refill them.

-Jeff

I was talking about the places where you fill your own soda. I've never eaten at the Plaza Inn, is it a sit down restaraunt? I was just talking about non-sit down places to eat, I should have been more clear. Don't all of the sit down places refill for free?

JeffG
09-06-2004, 09:38 PM
I was talking about the places where you fill your own soda. I've never eaten at the Plaza Inn, is it a sit down restaraunt? I was just talking about non-sit down places to eat, I should have been more clear. Don't all of the sit down places refill for free?

Plaza Inn is a "scramble service" restaurant, which is pretty much the same format used at Redd Rockets. The soda machines are self service and you order the food from various "stations" for different types of food.

While it isn't full table service, Disney does treat it as a little bit more high-end, using non-disposable dishes. You are correct that the table service locations (Blue Bayou and Carnation Cafe are the only two publically-available ones in Disneyland) do give free refills as well.

-Jeff

OCCOBRA
09-06-2004, 10:54 PM
When we ate at the Blue Bayou last week they gave us to- go cups of coffee for free. just FYI

DCAWhites
09-06-2004, 11:39 PM
From my experience, It is pretty easy to get a free refill at the Plaza inn or Redd Rockets pizza port, just tell the cashier you're getting more. I have only had problems at Taste Pilots Grill.

dasrock
09-07-2004, 03:04 AM
I've been at DL when it was HOT :(
we must have spent $50 on drinks to keep the family cool.
our next trip we'll have one of these : CAMELBAK :cool:

sdfilmcritic
09-07-2004, 03:05 AM
When we ate at the Blue Bayou last week they gave us to- go cups of coffee for free. just FYI
Do they give Monte Cristo sandwiches to go for free? :p

poohcrzee
09-12-2004, 09:44 AM
Before we went to WDW a couple years ago I purchased a Brita Bottle. It's a sports bottle with a replaceable Brita filter built into the top. I got mine at Walmart for about $6 and a 2 pack filter refill is about the same price. The cast members in the restraunts or snack bars were more than happy to fill my water bottle with ice water and it tasted good. It was a heck of a lot cheaper than the bottled water at $2.50 (?) a bottle!!

SCUBAbe
09-12-2004, 10:09 AM
They gave free re-fills at the cove bar. They use plastic cups and are very lite on the ice. By the time the horribbily rude server brought it to our table the ice was practically melted. The lobster nachos were some of the worst nachos I've ever had. The cheese was not melted, the lobster was ice cold and the chips were burnt on the edges, but we did get free refills..LOL

rentayenta
09-12-2004, 10:47 AM
They gave free re-fills at the cove bar. They use plastic cups and are very lite on the ice. By the time the horribbily rude server brought it to our table the ice was practically melted. The lobster nachos were some of the worst nachos I've ever had. The cheese was not melted, the lobster was ice cold and the chips were burnt on the edges, but we did get free refills..LOL

<crossing lobster nachos off my list of must tries for our next trip>

Lobster nachos sounded so good. Oh well- thanks for the heads up!

SCUBAbe
09-12-2004, 11:53 AM
<crossing lobster nachos off my list of must tries for our next trip>

Lobster nachos sounded so good. Oh well- thanks for the heads up!
yeah, I thought they sounded good also. I may have hit them on a bad day, but the lady next to me wasn't really eating hers either. The rude server never came back to check on us. They use shreded cheese. It was melted on the top and near the bottom, but the middle was all shredded still and cold. It was one of the worst dining experiences I have ever had. The server acted like he did not want to be ther at all and did not even smile once. Someone at the bar top asked the bartender why my 13 year old was allowed in the bar. The bartender politley explained that children could sit at the tables just not at the bar top. I have no idea why she had a problem with it. Maybe she thought I was driniking around my child, but the most casual observer could tell I was having a soda.

cstephens
09-12-2004, 01:57 PM
Children are allowed in there even though it's called a bar because they serve food. If they didn't serve food, children wouldn't be allowed in there, and yes, children are not allowed to sit at the actual bar itself.

We had dinner at the Cove Bar Saturday night. I'll be writing up a review when I get a moment. The lobster nachos were definitely better the last time we had them. The lobster wasn't that great last time, but they were even less interesting this time. There seemed to be a lot less cheese than I remember last time. It's someplace I'd go to every once in a great while, but definitely not a place I'd recommend, unlike when it was being run by Puck's group. :sigh: