PDA

View Full Version : Annual Passes

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

GoldenEars
11-18-2001, 10:11 PM
Does anyone know if Disney will be running any specials for annual passes anytime soon? Will the prices remain the same, go up or (hopefully) go down at all? I have a premium 2-park pass that expires on 12/15, and I'm wondering if I should re-new it at all.

Thanks~
Patrick

awinner
11-18-2001, 10:19 PM
i believe that you get a $10 discount when you renew.

Nigel2
11-19-2001, 11:25 AM
I don't think APs have ever truly gone down in price (besides the standard $10 off ) the only "discount" would probably have been the pro rating they did when 2 park passes were sold.

tabacco
11-19-2001, 12:23 PM
Don't bet on any discount other than the $10 renewal discount.

Napsto
11-19-2001, 12:27 PM
i love my pass, too bad i aven't used it in 3 months, i wihs i had friends!

Tony
11-19-2001, 03:19 PM
Well, they just announced a major change in AP pricing. The story is available here: http://www.mouseplanet.com/mp/news.htm

Your 2-park AP can now be renewed at $199.

Tony

MickeyD
11-19-2001, 03:25 PM
Yay! Now I can afford a 2-park premium passport.

cyberRoo
11-19-2001, 03:33 PM
WOW!

I can't even imagine how desperate they must have been to do this...

If anyone hears what sort of upgrade they're offering for current 2-park passes, let us know... After all a 2-park Deluxe was $199, same as a DL only Premium pass.

blusilva
11-19-2001, 03:36 PM
I'm kind of stunned. I sort of expected something along these lines, but not this drastic. I guess they've finally made the price worth it for me to visit DCA. Free is good.

I just feel bad for all my friends who bought the two park passes before DCA even opened. They've pretty much been the only ones *in* DCA all year. This seems to me sort of like a huge slap in their face.

MickeyD
11-19-2001, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by blusilva
I just feel bad for all my friends who bought the two park passes before DCA even opened. They've pretty much been the only ones *in* DCA all year. This seems to me sort of like a huge slap in their face.

I bought my 2 park deluxe pass b4 DCA opened, and I don't feel this way at all. I'm happy about it. It will bump the crowds up, but, hey, I had my nine months in an empty park. I'm excited about being able to spend the same amount of money and get a premium passport.

Ace
11-19-2001, 03:50 PM
aww now I just need my parents to get me a pass!

p.s.: I guess Disney finally figuered out how much an ordinary person would pay for DCA: nothing.

Not Afraid
11-19-2001, 04:05 PM
I am sooooo excited.

We've been to DCA once and enjoyed it. I was struggling with the 1 or 2 park pass next year. I had pretty much decided DCA wasn't worth the extra $100 per pass - we just can't afford it. Something had to go and it was going to be DCA.

I'm looking forward to learning to love DCA as much (or almost as much) as I love Disneyland. (I know, I've read the other threads
:) )

bluebayou
11-19-2001, 04:15 PM
Oh cool - I went to California Adventure once this past summer with a park hopping ticket and when I got my annual pass (yes I applied the park hopper price to it) - I decided on Disney only since I did not care very much for DCA. I was very disappointed when I went because we could not get on anything (must have been one of their rare crowded days) so I really wanted to go and ride the Grizzly ride and California Soarin... so now for 10 bucks I get to go.... YEAH!!!! I am ecstatic at the pricing change and will gladly spend my 10.00 so I can see those and go back to the animation building. I do have to admit though - this was definitely something that was kind of predicatable. My mom keeps saying that they will eventually just make you pay extra to go into both parks no matter what - they have to get people into DCA and I think they realize some drastic measures needed to be taken... Oh well - I guess I cannot wait till December when my trip is!

Also does anyone have the number we can call to upgrade our pass? Thanks!

EandCDad
11-19-2001, 04:35 PM
This is great for us. For only $10 more a year ($40 for our whole family) we can add California Adventure. I can't believe it. I'll finally get to try my hand at Millionaire, whoo-hooo.

bluepearl
11-19-2001, 04:40 PM
I just read about the changes in AP pricing, and I'm really excited about it - my pass expires in early June. I've currently got a deluxe 2-park and was already set to get the premium 2-park for next year. This new pricing makes it all the more better for me!

And Napsto, it could be very easy to find some friends with APs! I have a friend that I go with every week, though I'm trying to convince more of my friends to get APs so we can go all the time.

Dlandmom
11-19-2001, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by EandCDad
This is great for us. For only $10 more a year ($40 for our whole family) we can add California Adventure. I can't believe it. I'll finally get to try my hand at Millionaire, whoo-hooo.

Hold the phone! I get busy with work, and look what I missed! Wow! Okay, EandC, I'm challenging you once more...instead of air hockey, let's go to Millionaire!

EandCDad
11-19-2001, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Dlandmom

Hold the phone! I get busy with work, and look what I missed! Wow! Okay, EandC, I'm challenging you once more...instead of air hockey, let's go to Millionaire!

I'll beat you like a rug. I'll whip you like mashed potatos. I'll cream you like the cream in the coffee (not the dry stuff, I'm talkin about the real cream).

cemeinke
11-19-2001, 04:45 PM
This is great, but it also reminds me about how great it is to be a faithful reader of Mouse Planet and Mouse Pad. I wonder how long it would have taken me to figure out this new $10.00 deal? Probably I wouldn't have known until I went to renew. I visited the Disney site and the chief benefit they are touting for annual passholders is a free dessert.

Thank you Mouse Planet:)

P.S. Why does spell check want to replace the word "passholders" with "*******s"--don't they know the terms of use:eek:

Not Afraid
11-19-2001, 04:52 PM
I got to try it ---

I am a Disneyland *******.

Voila!

It also suggested gasholder:)

Morrigoon
11-19-2001, 04:54 PM
Let me get this straight: effective IMMEDIATELY, I can use my premium to enter both parks? Is that right? All I have to do is get my (very bent) pass exchanged for a new card? This IS cool.

coronamouseman
11-19-2001, 05:05 PM
I guess the new pricing scheme for annual passes answers the following questions kicked around on Mousepad for some time:

1. Does Disney truly value AP business (which brings in a lot of merchandise and concessions money)?

YES!

2. Is Disney truly committed to trying to get the tourist business moving in the Anaheim and Southern Calilfornia area?

YES!

3. Is Disney making a statement about getting more visitors (and thus requiring more personnel onboard) even though their profit margins may not be what they were before September 11?

YES!

It's never too late for a good business decision .............

zapppop
11-19-2001, 05:09 PM
YES !

This is great ! My parents have the DL Premium but always get upset that I leave them in DL to go to DCA to see the MSEP. Now we can see it together !

WOO HOO !!

MammaSilva
11-19-2001, 05:29 PM
well that little piece of news just added two extra trips to Disneyland/DCA for us in the coming months! niece and nephews have the premium ONE park pass, Brandy and I have the premium two park pass... but I'm going to ask for the refund since 100 bucks is HALF of the cost of renewal and they are only offering an additional 4 months to exsisting passes!

AVP
11-19-2001, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by mammasilva
well that little piece of news just added two extra trips to Disneyland/DCA for us in the coming months! niece and nephews have the premium ONE park pass, Brandy and I have the premium two park pass... but I'm going to ask for the refund since 100 bucks is HALF of the cost of renewal and they are only offering an additional 4 months to exsisting passes!

Mamasilva, you may not get very far with that request. As it was explained to me, the old pass was $300, or $25.00 per month. Since the price of the pass has been discounted $100, they are adding 4 months at the prior value to your pass. And, it also depends on when you bought your pass. If your 2-Park Premium pass was purchased before August 1st, there are no adjustments or upgrades being offered.

Of course, my husband just wondered out loud about people who bought their Annual Passes with a credit card, like Amex, which offers price protection......

OH, and for the 40% of you who's 2-Park APs expire in the next two months, DON'T send in that renewal check until you get the new little postcard with the corrected, reduced prices in it.

AVP

MammaSilva
11-19-2001, 05:44 PM
I just 're read' the article and it says that they are offering a refund "or" four additional months.. I'm calling to find out becuause I bought the original pass august 21st but upgraded to a two park pass on Sept 29th.....