PDA

View Full Version : Choosing between the dessert buffet and Christmas tour?

missm
09-06-2004, 12:34 PM
What kinds of dessert come with the Fantasmic buffet? Is there a limit on what you can eat? Is it really worth it? If you had to choose between the Christmas tour and the dessert buffet which would you choose and why? I am going with some friends who aren't willing to spend on both things.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
09-06-2004, 12:41 PM
Haven't done the dessert buffet, but I can speak from experience that the Christmas tour is really nice, fun and informative. If you are a parade person, the tour would be a good bet for you.

Tinker Bell
09-06-2004, 02:26 PM
I have done both.The Buffet is you can eat all you want.But you have to be able to get to the food. Two rows of people and not that easy to get out. The show is short bout 20 min. If you do it on a firework nite you get a little more time.Now if you want to hear little trivia then do the tour. It was nice we went around the park. Hearing some trivia and we got to go on the HM. We also got great seats of the parade. Nice cushy seats with hot cocoa and a cookie. The seating is at the end of the parade across from IASW. Now Fantasmic is my fav at DL. But I would chose the Tour. Its not all year round and its longer.

Niwel
09-06-2004, 02:41 PM
Now Fantasmic is my fav at DL. But I would chose the Tour. Its not all year round and its longer.

I agree. I loved the yummy treats I was given on the tour (you will not go hungry). Plus the whole thing lasts longer than Fantasmic. For more on the tour check out here (http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm031211sl.htm). Don't worry, it doesn't give away very much -- the tour changes slightly every year.

missm
09-06-2004, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the info guys. It seems so weird that a the tour is cheaper than the buffet. I really want to do both but a few people I'm going with don't want to spend the money for both. Who knows maybe I'll still do both. Would that be rude? They have the money to go to both things just don't want to. Does anyone know what desserts they have at the buffet? I know it probably varies so just generally speaking what kind. Thanks.

Tinker Bell
09-06-2004, 06:07 PM
We had cheese cake, fruit,scones,some sort of pudding,and some other stuff I can't remember what.

leota's necklace
09-06-2004, 06:12 PM
Trying to remember what they've had when I've been -- usually a large tray of delicious fresh fruit. Last time it was skewers with melon, pineapple, and strawberries. Usually several types of cakes, including some amazingly decadent chocolate cake. Cheesecake. Fruit tarts. Creme brulee', sometimes. And beverages, including coffee and mint juleps (if you're into those). Picture a six-foot banquet table piled with good things. More than I have been able to eat, surely, and I can put away desserts with little to no effort.

The desserts are decadent. You can help yourself to seconds, but it might mean you'll miss some of the show. We usually just pile the plate as best we can, and are too stuffed to even think about seconds. They're just an added bonus to the amazing sightline you get up there. I hate seeing the show on the ground, now. You miss the splashes, and can't feel the fire, but you can see EVERYTHING that's going on, and you're not getting squashed by the crowd or waiting on a blanket for hours. Plus, I like the nostalgia factor of sitting up in Walt and Roy's balcony, but I'm a big geek in that respect.

thinktink
09-06-2004, 07:37 PM
When will the Christmas tour start this year? We are going the second week in Dec. What is the general cost of the tour? Is there any current links to get all the info I'm seeking???

missm
09-06-2004, 08:04 PM
There is a link four posts up in this thread. It's a really good review of the tour. It's $39.